Big games to watch this season?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't a "which ones are you looking forward to" thread.
Rather this is asking which games, besides divisional, are the most important for the Pack to win?
Which opponents may be the toughest that they must beat?
Which ones are the Big Games?
Stuff like that.
Packers.com | Season Schedule

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Falcons and Saints for sure. Very good change we will be fighting with those two teams for home field in the playoffs. Those are the two most important games to me.

The Patriots game I think is important as well. You measure yourself against the best teams in the league.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons and Saints for sure. Very good change we will be fighting with those two teams for home field in the playoffs. Those are the two most important games to me.

The Patriots game I think is important as well. You measure yourself against the best teams in the league.
Thank you for the reply.

I don't understand why they have to back to the Falcons house after being there twice last year and beating them in the playoffs.

I don't see the Pats in the schedule. Do you mean any other season when they play them?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most important games are the divisional games. We need to win the division this year, and they go long ways towards tiebrakers (though I don't think we'll need them).

So both bears games and both lions games (it's boring but it's true).

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify why we play the Falcons on the road again, the playoff one doesn't matter. That solely depends on seed numbering. For the reg. season match last year, both squads were 2nd place in their division in 2009 and last time that happened prior to 2009 it was played in Lambeau. This upcoming year we play them b/c of NFC South vs. NFC North. Last time that happened I'm assuming we played at home against them. I don't know if you got it or not. Just tryin to help.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify why we play the Falcons on the road again, the playoff one doesn't matter. That solely depends on seed numbering. For the reg. season match last year, both squads were 2nd place in their division in 2009 and last time that happened prior to 2009 it was played in Lambeau. This upcoming year we play them b/c of NFC South vs. NFC North. Last time that happened I'm assuming we played at home against them. I don't know if you got it or not. Just tryin to help.
It seems complex.
The way it helps is that I'll just go ahead and understand that it's justified somehow.
Though I don't get it why they can't take turns like they do with division rivals.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

I don't understand why they have to back to the Falcons house after being there twice last year and beating them in the playoffs.

I don't see the Pats in the schedule. Do you mean any other season when they play them?

Yes. Sorry for the mistake. We don't play the Patriots. Don't know what I was thinking. Sorry about that. :happy0005:

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Sorry for the mistake. We don't play the Patriots. Don't know what I was thinking. Sorry about that. :happy0005:
It's cool.

Maybe you were thinking of us playing them in the ultimate big game. The Super Bowl!
And I'd be down with that.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I am in agreement with RS: We need to take care of business within our division first and foremost. No let ups.

Two victories vs. the Vikings are a must.
CHI is always tough, but the Pack must at least split.
DET is starting to look scary, but we should be able to take both games from them.

6-0 vs. these teams would be great.
5-1 is acceptable.
Anything less will be disappointing.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints, Falcons, Bears*2 and Lions *2. Those are the only games that I see the Packers could lose.
Agreed.

Not happy that they have to play the big birds away (Again) but at least they don't have the dome for the Saints.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we can win 5 games in the division we will be in pretty good shape. and not to beat a dead horse but the games against the NFC south will be very important

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona for sure. I think we owe them a big loss. We got screwed in that game in more ways then one. Rodgers face mask was clearly pulled and we should have played that game at Lambeau.

I've got Papa John's on hold for the Saints game lol. I wanted to see Packers and them go at it in the playoff's , but that obviously didn't happen.

Of course the Bears game. Carolina.. just too see if we get to play against Newton. Broncos, Atlanta.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Obviously the division games are the most important. Take care of that and you're going to the playoffs. Remember how the loss at Detroit almost derailed us last season?
I think the opener against New Orleans is huge. It's at our house and they are not going to be easy. A win to start the season sets a tone and a continuation of our late season surge last year. Atlanta and San Diego on the road stick out as scary games. I'm going to predict we lose at San Diego and win at Atlanta.
Last, I'm not sure if the Giants game is late enough in the season for them (Giants) to begin their annual slide.

buckshotrob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.

Not happy that they have to play the big birds away (Again) but at least they don't have the dome for the Saints.

yea but did u see that playoff game last year if we can play like that all year we will go unbeaten i kno that probaly wont happend just bein optimistic but will will repeat go pack go

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona for sure. I think we owe them a big loss. We got screwed in that game in more ways then one. Rodgers face mask was clearly pulled and we should have played that game at Lambeau.
There ya go! We do owe them one. I will do such a happy dance if they beat the Cards big. And I hope it's a shut out!

IMO another game to watch could be the Broncos if Tim Tebow starts. I wanna see how they do against the media hyped former college wunderkind.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows what games are important, but I'm excited to play teams with "big-name" rookies (eg - Julio Jones, Cam Newton, Mark Ingram), so we can give them a warm welcome to the NFL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts