1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Beware of the Lion

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packedhouse01, Nov 21, 2007.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This Lion team is pretty good. It would be wise of the Packer, no matter how well they're playing, not to under estimate this Lion team. Even in those years when the Lions were legitimately bad they always seem to battle the Packers in their stadium. The Lions tend to play really well in Thanksgivings Day games. I believe if we don't turn the ball over tomorrow and if we get two turnovers and control the ball we'll win the game.

2. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. I sincerely hope we dont underestimate these guys. Its gonna suck so bad if they lose this.

3. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    its the lions superbowl......everyone knows that

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to put it in perspective: Even if the Packers lose in Detroit and Dallas beats the Jets, the Packers will still be playing for first place in the NFC at Dallas next week.

But I think the Packers will be fine. They have been well-prepared for every game this season. I don't expect this one to be any different.

5. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This game scares me!
    The Packers are 5-11-1 against the Lions on Thanksgiving Day.

6. slowsinistermo

slowsinistermo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this is irrelevant, the packers are a much better team...

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    sigh.

I personally, AS A FAN, am not worried one bit about the Lions. Not ONE BIT.

Who is gonna beat us? Kitna? Kevin Jones? Their great WR? That WR will be shut down against our supposedly shut down CBs. Plus Pressure on the QB by Kampy and company.. and the fact that it's Jon friggin Kitna

Beware the Lions? Yeah right. I'm more worried about food poisoning from my Aunt's potato salad.

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    You weren't worried about the Bears either. What happened?

I was confident in this Lions game until I read the above post... :(

9. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You should be worried about P@ck66 trying to poison your Aunt's potato salad in the hopes of poisoning you...

GAH, that's it screw college tomorrow. I'm staying home and watching this game.

10. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I really don't have anything to say about this post, I just wanted to say BEST. SIG. EVER.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I also said I wasn't worried about any of the other opponents either.

9-1, nancy

12. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Lions somehow do pull this game out it would be a monumental collapse on the part of the Packers.

Talent wins out on the field and we have better talent at pretty much every single position.

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Prove it, nancy.

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    You know that 66 hasn't stopped posting, simply assumed a moniker... Why play games?

15. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt the moniker part, although I know who you are referring to.

I doubt he is 66...

16. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh believe me. I have been nervous about this game even when we were winning the Panthers game. We can't let the Lions creep back up on us like we did last weekend. I hope we force some fumbles :)

17. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup.....i agree. We have to be careful. The Lions can creep up on us like a bad pair of underware.
    NEVER take ANY team lightly.....or you end up with a "L".

18. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    no matter how good we are........and how bad they are, they could win. its their super bowl annually

19. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agree packedhouse01,

I don't think this will be a cake walk by any means. I really expect Kitna to air it out big time against us and will be very surprised if they don't put up more points on us than any other team this season. I still think we can win but we need pressure on Kitna big time. It will be a high scoring one, that's all I know,

GO PACK GO !!!

20. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely, but I have to say I don't think that'll be a problem.

Brett commented on how well he believed the Lions to be, and Al Harris talked about how this Lions team is different from previous Lions' teams, having great coaching and some good players.

I think McCarthy has done his homework and proven to his players that taking the Lions lightly would be a huge mistake.

Tomorrow's game should be a great match-up. Not just because it is a Packers game, but because both teams are considerably better than they have been the past couple of years.

21. jnells

jnells Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Rouse has a great game against the Lions, he's been pretty solid filling in for Collins the last couple games. Packers have been very well prepared for their road games and their record shows it. It may be another ugly win, but a W is a W.

22. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    To say that is a curse Yooper. How much snow do you have over there?

23. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure where Yooper lives, but I live in Marquette and we only got a trace. I was in Negaunee yesterday, and they had about an inch on the ground.

Any snow in Ashland? I like Ashland because I can stop at Taco John's for lunch (two hard shell tacos and a side order of Potato Oles!) when I'm on my way to visit my friend in Minneapolis, which I do once or twice a year.

Anyway, I'm not afraid of the 5-11-1 record against the Lions on Thanksgiving. That is mostly ancient history, and this Packer team plays well on the road.

24. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    These types of games are really coaches games, and by that I mean, the success of the team really comes in preparation and attitude. Not to rip on Mike Sherman, but his teams always scared me because he left so much of that up to the players themselves. I am of the belief that is the coaches job to get his players ready to play. What I like about McCarthy is that, by and large, he has done that.

25. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    We had a little dusting in Ashland, some on the ground. we just had a few flurries. I think over by Hurley, nine inches about the last 36 hours.