Best time for the bye week?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure for stores any week is a good week to buy.

But for the Packers, these two gents bring up good points on weather or not this is a good week for the Packers to take off.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...erpoint-/d0ca20a6-5258-4b7f-83fe-81c0ac062bcd

Since they have a few games coming up in Nov. that all happen within an insane short amount of time, it seems like the bye should have happened later.
On the other hand the bye right now helps them rest and get ready for one of the tougher opponents.

I think the NFL is trying to kill them. Literally. The Thanksgiving game is just insane and shouldn't have been scheduled.

Your thoughts on the upcoming insane schedule and the timing of the bye week?

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
I dont think the NFL is trying to do anything to harm the Pack. Seems like a perfect time for a bye if you ask me

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
They had to make the Packers schedule tough at some point, and its the price that is paid for going for PRIMETIME.

jamie97520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its been an amazing start to the season. 7-0 is fantastic and the fact that out players still admit there is room for improvement just shows the expectations they have for themselves.

I for one think that this bye-week couldnt have come at a better time. I think our players are exhausted, physically and emotionally. Listen to sound bites from the locker room this weekend here (http://www.packers.com/media-center...-to-grow/3c934050-507d-4ea2-9a0e-d24ddcaaaca9) and to me it really sounds like they need some time to rest and get away from the game for a few days.

I think the Packers are coming to come back looking more sharp and alert and they will keep on winning.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's come at a good time. Players could use the time to heal injuries and Tom Capers can work on fine tuning the D (pass rush). I think after the bye week, the Pack will be strong enough to face the schedule.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Its been an amazing start to the season. 7-0 is fantastic and the fact that out players still admit there is room for improvement just shows the expectations they have for themselves.

I for one think that this bye-week couldnt have come at a better time. I think our players are exhausted, physically and emotionally. Listen to sound bites from the locker room this weekend here (http://www.packers.com/media-center...-to-grow/3c934050-507d-4ea2-9a0e-d24ddcaaaca9) and to me it really sounds like they need some time to rest and get away from the game for a few days.

I think the Packers are coming to come back looking more sharp and alert and they will keep on winning.

I think the packers are gonna come out on fire and hungry and take down the Chargers

Reaction score
Yeah the MNF to Sunday To Thanksgiving is pretty rough, but we had another one of these 3 game runs (i think in 09) when we had to beat the cowboys/49ers and some other team, that was in an 11 day or so period, we won all 3 of those games.

I tend to think our team plays better with it's back against the wall, or at least the coaching does better.
(like in the playoffs, we had only 5 days to prepare for the falcons, who had a bye)
We get on a roll and win these games in a 10 day span, we get a mini bye to rest, then we're back to sundays.