• Rosen

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Brett Favre comes out of retirement

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be a terrible idea to draft Lock at #12. The Packers need to surround Rodgers with as much talent as possible over the last few years of his career and not invest their highest pick in 10 years into his backup.

Kinda like if they gave Favre more weapons like Roddy White when he was 35 instead of drafting Rodgers? :D

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then he could have thrown the game losing INT trying to throw the ball to White instead of Driver...

D

Deleted member 6794

Kinda like if they gave Favre more weapons like Roddy White when he was 35 instead of drafting Rodgers? :D

Different story as Favre was already hinting to retire at that point while Rodgers has repeatedly mentioned that he wants to play into his 40s.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Different story as Favre was already hinting to retire at that point while Rodgers has repeatedly mentioned that he wants to play into his 40s.

Incorrect.

Favre retirement saga started in 2006. Rodgers was drafted in 2005.

Retirement talk prior to that was scoffed at by Favre... From his wiki... "After the Packers got off to a slow start, rumors that Favre might retire started to escalate. Favre responded by saying "At 0–3, I think most people would say 'Oh, he's gone after this year, or they won't even want him back.'...I don't even think about when that time might come."

additional source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brett-favre-retirement-sa_n_669362

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The will he or won’t he watch had definitely started by the time Rodgers was drafted. It continued after he left here too

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

It was a case of need meeting opportunity.

In hindsight the Packers weren't in need of a quarterback as Favre played another three years for the team. Thompson might have had a different opinion at that point though.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's just a tad too early for me to be drafting a QB on the first 2 days of the draft. Im fine with Kizer as the back up for the remainder of his rookie contract.

If we do want to upgrade our backup QB situation, Tyree Jackson of Buffalo is a guy I would be happy with in the 4th

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

It's just a tad too early for me to be drafting a QB on the first 2 days of the draft. Im fine with Kizer as the back up for the remainder of his rookie contract.

I don't want the Packers to spend an early round pick on a quarterback either but can't say I feel confident about Kizer being the backup either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that would be a waste, unless of course they traded him immediately for a haul of picks

D

Deleted member 6794

that would be a waste, unless of course they traded him immediately for a haul of picks

In that case I would prefer Gutekunst to trade the pick for a bunch of others to save my nerves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts