Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Rosen

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Brett Favre comes out of retirement

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

Quality post (referring to original post not yours)! I'll still take it over draft talk

In my opinion it would definitely be reasonable to have a discussion about the Packers backup quarterback situation. The original post isn't the way to go though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whaaa?

Lord

we are in agreement lol.

From everything I've read about the guy he could probably take over for Rodgers. I'm not sure he would be interested though.

Or did you mean something else LTF

If we could magically get Rosen and it wouldn't cost us a first or second or third round draft pick I probably would have voted for him but since that is not likely to be the case I disregarded him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From everything I've read about the guy he could probably take over for Rodgers. I'm not sure he would be interested though.

Or did you mean something else LTF

If we could magically get Rosen and it wouldn't cost us a first or second or third round draft pick I probably would have voted for him but since that is not likely to be the case I disregarded him.
Brett.

He can still sling it. But heard him say he can't play now, unless he can't be tackled

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Bo Callahan. He’s a prototypical QB with good size and a great arm. He’d be the perfect understudy to Rodgers. The only knock I can find on him is that none of his Teamates went to his Birthday party.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Packers are bringing in Ex Giants Lefty QB Jared Lorenzen. At 6' 3" 430 lbs. (down 70 pounds from his previous weight of 500#), he should be able to hold up in the pocket.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Packers are bringing in Ex Giants Lefty QB Jared Lorenzen. At 6' 3" 430 lbs. (down 70 pounds from his previous weight of 500#), he should be able to hold up in the pocket.

he won't fit in the pocket.

Reaction score

Keep that guy in the pocket behind Aaron and if nobodies open? just hand it to him at the last second and send Aaron on a post route to his strong side :tup:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have come out saying that they have no interest in trading for Rosen, and I don't think this is a feint of any kind. We are in win now mode and Rodgers should be in the starting line up for the better part of the next decade. I'm content with Kizer and Boyle(especially) to continue to develop for the foreseeable future. Keep in mind that Kizer and Boyle are only in their 3rd and 2nd seasons respectively. I'm quite interested in seeing what effect new Head and Position Coaches to go along with a revamped offensive system will have on their growth.

I'm actually with Pete Dougherty believing Boyle will beat out Kizer this Preseason.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...kizer-vie-backup-quarterback-spot/3264854002/

H

HardRightEdge

Drew Lock.

I've got a premonition.
Jeremiah has a premonition as well, plugging Lock into pick #30 in his most recent mock from yesterday.

Are you sure a little birdie didn't whisper in your ear? ;)

The fact Gutekunst interviewed the guy and tried to do the same with Jones, I wouldn't rule it out if he falls that far given the evident interest in a QB.

I'm pretty much at the stage where an OT at #12 or at a minor trade down spot is the most likely outcome for the first pick. But given the number of needs, question marks and who happens to be in their contract years with cap space tightening in 2020, I'm going to say something I never thought I'd ever say:

Now that even QB is in play, #30 on down could be "best player available" regardless of position group.

I'm done guessing on what happens after the first pick. I do have to say, however, that when the inevitable QB interview question comes up, "how would you feel about sitting on the bench for 3 or 4 years if it came to that," I don't think there is a good answer. "Hell no" might be the best one and that in itself is a problem.

Members online

Latest posts