Best Buy cashing in on Packer WR drops

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love things like this. If you read the comments though, people are whining that they should give the money to charity. That wouldn't be a punishment then. I mean, these guys give a TON of money to charity already. Making them give more would be like making me drink another beer during the game. Now knowing that Driver is going to go out and get a new ipad, bring it in the locker room, and make sure you know he got that from YOUR mistakes... yeah. Men will go out of their way to make sure their buddies can't give them crap.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hope this translates to less drops. I'm for whatever motivation they give each other to do it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a funny idea, though I think they should give those gift cards away to needy children come holiday time.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love things like this. If you read the comments though, people are whining that they should give the money to charity. That wouldn't be a punishment then. I mean, these guys give a TON of money to charity already. Making them give more would be like making me drink another beer during the game.
Does charity ever get enough?
I mean, I've never seen the Red Cross or the Salvation Army claim "We got tons of money. Stop donating to us!"
Never hurts to give more and whoever wrote those comments are right.
Sorry but this whole incentive thing is stupid and it does make them look greedy.

I can't believe that you or anyone else would complain about charities getting money.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does charity ever get enough?
I mean, I've never seen the Red Cross or the Salvation Army claim "We got tons of money. Stop donating to us!"
Never hurts to give more and whoever wrote those comments are right.
Sorry but this whole incentive thing is stupid and it does make them look greedy.

I can't believe that you or anyone else would complain about charities getting money.

It isn't about charities getting money, it is about incentives for them not to drop footballs. I am going to guess they are decent people that enjoy helping. What I am trying to say is why have them do something they like doing and are doing anyways when they miss a catch. Think of it this way, what is more likely to be going through their heads after a drop... "crap I have to give more money to needy children" or "crap, Jordy is going to get that new iphone and I am never going to hear the end of it". Which one of those two thoughts would make them REALLY not want to drop a pass. These men have ALOT of money, they are going to get the gadgets anyways.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The goal of donating to charity is to normally donate as much as possible, so you do something that is a goal of the game, ex "for every touchdown I score i will donate X amount of dollars." Here the recievers are trying NOT to drop passes and therefore the ultimate goal would be to not donate any money to charity.

I have no problem giving money to charity for any reason, but giving money to a friend for my mistake kills me. So it would kill them even more to drop a pass. If they were donating it to charty the extra motivation that this is suppose to give is lost. It would be like giving the money you have in a swear jar to charity, now if you swear you can just say "oh well it's going to a good cause" and the extra motivation is gone. So if this helps them not drop passes sounds good to me.

They will be donating plenty of money around the hollidays anyway. This is not a gready move it is an extra incentive to not drop another pass move.

Edit: beat to the point

and just realized I'm on 87 posts (Nelson) 30 trophy points (kuhn) and 10 likes (Flynn)......think I'm going to create a new user name and not ruin what I have hahaha

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I often wonder if some of these drops are because of the heat Aroge puts on those throws. I'd like to speed gun some of his passes.

The Heat Rodgers puts on the ball is one of the main reasons that our receivers are able to rack up YAC. Aaron bullet passes get there quick and allow our guys to make plays after the catch.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
eh..maybe, but Brett did the same thing...Driver's hands are all mangled because of the speed Favre threw the ball...I wonder if anyone has asked him to compare the two
I remember right after Aroge took over and everybody was questioning if he would be as good as Favre. I think it was Jennings or Driver who said he was throwing just as hard as Favre. Right now I think he may have an even stronger gun than Favre and bigger hands. Which is soooo good when the weather goes south. Home field at Lambeau in January is our friend. We replay the Giants game with Aroge as the QB and we are in the Super Bowl.