Best and Worst PFF Grades vs Cowboys

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minimum 10 snaps to make list below, and as always NO ONE IS SAYING THESE GRADES ARE GOSPEL.

Best Offense
Sammy Watkins 85.1
Aaron Jones 85.0
Aaron Rodgers 83.9
Jon Runyan 78.1
David Bakhtiari 74.6

Worst Offense
Marcedes Lewis 40.8
Josiah Deguara 42.3
Samori Toure 51.5
Elgton Jenkins 52.5
Robert Tonyan 55.5

Best Defense
Rudy Ford 88.3
Dean Lowry 71.8
Kingsley Enagbare 68.3
Jarran Reed 66.8
Jonathan Garvin 66.6

Worst Defense
Kenny Clark 47.1
Devonte Wyatt 54.0
Preston Smith 55.3
Darnell Savage 55.8
Adrian Amos 56.4

I have no clue if it is his best graded day, but Reed I felt had his best game of the year - and the man came up big in a few CLUTCH times.

Also, don't look now but McDuffie is showcasing his lunch pale to work attacking plays mentality we saw in college starting to happen at this level.

We also have to give a MASSIVE nod to Kingsley going from only having one game this year of more than 30 snaps to 62 AND delivering solid play is an awesome sign for his future!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol Watkins gets the best grade??

It's because he FINALLY was blocking...well I say finally, but aside from the Chicago game this is probably the only game I would say he wasn't a detriment to the team when we ran it like in every other game. Sammy did well, I expected him in top 5 honestly...wouldn't have bet top marks - that I figured would go to Aaron Jones or Christian Watson - but Watson I believe the drop on the one as we all know hurts your grade in PFF - his overall fyi was 65.7, solid but he missed a few key blocks which I suspect hurt.

FTR PFF credited Watson with two drops.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d have given him 3

I also would have. He had a great game yes, but I cannot believe the amount of folks not mad about his drop issues. He I believe when all the stats are entered (most places tallies finalized Wednesdays) will be at 4 drops on only like 22 targets. That is a worse percentage than MVS ever had for drops to targets.

D

Deleted member 6794

I have no clue if it is his best graded day, but Reed I felt had his best game of the year - and the man came up big in a few CLUTCH times.

Reed had a better grade against the Patriots, Giants and Bills.

I also would have. He had a great game yes, but I cannot believe the amount of folks not mad about his drop issues. He I believe when all the stats are entered (most places tallies finalized Wednesdays) will be at 4 drops on only like 22 targets. That is a worse percentage than MVS ever had for drops to targets.

According to PFF Watson has three drops on 22 targets this season.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Reed had a better grade against the Patriots, Giants and Bills.

According to PFF Watson has three drops on 22 targets this season.
Just curious, what are Scantling and Adams numbers in this aspect this season?

Reaction score
Yet his catch % is respectable. If he has so many dropped passes, how is he a 64% catch rate? Am I missing something here? I'm asking in a serious tone. Meaning If he catches 3 or 4 more passes he's a 77 to 82% catch rate? That would make him tops in the league wouldnt it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet his catch % is respectable. If he has so many dropped passes, how is he a 64% catch rate? Am I missing something here? I'm asking in a serious tone. Meaning If he catches 3 or 4 more passes he's a 77 to 82% catch rate? That would make him tops in the league wouldnt it?

There is a difference between incompletions and drops. Crazy thing is the Dallas game I had him for three but I don’t think they credited that one he got fingers on deep that he looked back instead of up as a drop.

I love Watson but he has to clean up this aspect of his game, but I surely believe being a rookie there is some serious growth ahead of him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just curious, what are Scantling and Adams numbers in this aspect this season?

PFF has credited MVS with three drops on 29 catchable balls for a drop percentage of 10.3% while according to them Adams has only two on 58 (3.4%).

It means that Rodgers is pretty accurate when targeting Watson.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw Watson slow down again half way down the field on a well thrown bomb. It seemed to me that he is looking back to the QB too quickly in his route. He needs more practice time, with any QB that can throw the ball 40-50 yards. I certainly don't expect Rodgers to abuse his arm everyday in practice.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Watson slow down again half way down the field on a well thrown bomb. It seemed to me that he is looking back to the QB too quickly in his route. He needs more practice time, with any QB that can throw the ball 40-50 yards. I certainly don't expect Rodgers to abuse his arm everyday in practice.
And he couldn’t extend his arms because he was wrapped up before the ball got their.

Members online

Latest posts