Belichick Rumors

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a fan of the Green Bay Packers, you would not want to see a 5 time Super Bowl champion be the head guy? In what universe?

I'm absolutely floored that anyone wouldn't want Belichick here if he was available and interested in Green Bay. He's the Vince Lombardi of this era and far and away the best chance for Rodgers to gain a few more rings in his career.

I don't care what anyone thinks about him personally. I want to win championships.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, if he was signed tomorrow I certainly wouldn't be upset :) But I think it's silly to think he will be. and if it took away from Brady or Rodgers if he came here and started winning Super Bowls, I'd gladly just listen to the talking heads and smile.

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to clarify, there is no suggestion that Kraft will or would fire Belichick. The idea is that Belichick would leave of his own accord, because the owner began interfering with his work. The story is that Belichick did not want to trade Garoppolo, but that Kraft forced him to in order to appease Brady.

I've also heard the rumors longtimefan posted about Belichick going to the Giants, supposedly that has been his dream job. The quarterback situation there isn't the best though. Honestly, I wouldn't want Belichick in New York, either.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm absolutely floored that anyone wouldn't want Belichick here if he was available and interested in Green Bay. He's the Vince Lombardi of this era and far and away the best chance for Rodgers to gain a few more rings in his career.

I don't care what anyone thinks about him personally. I want to win championships.
I'm not necessarily making a judgement about Bellichick one way or the other, but character still matters to some of us...if championships are all that matter I have to wonder... why?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily making a judgement about Bellichick one way or the other, but character still matters to some of us...if championships are all that matter I have to wonder... why?

Character matters to me inasmuch as I wouldn't want a guy who beats his wife or children running the team.

Bending the rules to gain a competitive advantage...come on. We'd be naive to think our own organization isn't/hasn't been guilty of that from time to time.

Anyone who objects to Bellichick based on Spygate/Deflategate should object to Sean Payton on the same grounds.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Character matters to me inasmuch as I wouldn't want a guy who beats his wife or children running the team.

Bending the rules to gain a competitive advantage...come on. We'd be naive to think our own organization isn't/hasn't been guilty of that from time to time.

Anyone who objects to Bellichick based on Spygate/Deflategate should object to Sean Payton on the same grounds.
As I said.... I wasn't making a judgement about Bellichick.... Just the "win at all costs mentality". As for Sean Payton.. I agree completely .... want nothing to do with him.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lombardi was NOT a proven cheater.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And who's to say they wouldn't?

OP
OP
R

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks are notorious cheaters as well.
Then there were the reports before Deflategate happened that Rodgers preferred the ball overinflated, although who can say what that means?

Speaking of Deflategate, I heard yesterday on the radio, someone said that Belichick was actually behind the balls being deflated, because he wanted to reduce fumbles. But when the media asked him about it, he kicked it over to Brady to deal with (who ended up getting suspended). That was supposed to both evidence and more fuel for the supposed rift between the two.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would think that the Vince reference was to compare the bodies of work. However, while I'd hope that St. Vincent wouldn't break the rules, that era was as different from Belichick's in that regard as it was from HC/GM duties - salary cap, free agency, et. al. Specifically, there were less rules to break and less intense investigation methods available. As driven a person as Lombardi was, I'd seriously have to wonder if, presented with a chance for a competitive advantage, fair or not, he wouldn't have taken it.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was belichek and Kraft traded my qb of the future? I'd be pissed too

Garapolo is making me eat my words. Dude turned the niners around single handed.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants and Miami I feel like are the 2 most likely spots.

Giants- an organization he worked for and respects. This would bother Kraft if he went to New York, a city Bostonians don't get along with well.

Miami- plays them twice a year being a division rival. I also think he spends a lot of time in Florida in his free time so this makes some sense. Just ditch Tannehill.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you want Rodgers released when he admitted to overinfating footballs past the allowable limit? I'm fairly certain not.

I'm not comparing that to Belichick's sins, but my point is that you'd have a harder time finding someone in the league who hasn't bent the rules in some way than finding someone who has.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you want Rodgers released when he admitted to overinfating footballs past the allowable limit? I'm fairly certain not.

And the officials have always released the extra air. There's no evidence he has ever been allowed to play with an overinflated ball in a game. What Brady did was actually have to balls deflated AFTER officials tested them during the course of games.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting choice of words. "No evidence" on Rodgers and "not a proven cheater" on Vince. If you just want to say that, given the chance to gain a competitive advantage by bending or breaking the rules with little or no chance of getting nailed, no Packer, heck nobody but BB, would take it, fine - that's just an opinion until somebody is CAUGHT cheating.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because....it's Professional Football??? Well...there is College Football...oh wait...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BB is a way better football coach than MM and it's not even close. He also isn’t Afraid to replace guys who aren’t getting it done within the team or on his staff. I hate BB, but what I respect the most about him is he’s willing to not be buddy buddy so that when it’s time for him to make the tough choice to replace you it’s business. MM just doesn’t strike me as a guy who has the balls to make the real tough decisions. You think Capers would’ve lasted as long as he did in NE as he did in GB? Or that the Patriots would’ve just fell apart if Brady went down? Hell no. Like I’ll continue to say, MM is OVERRATED.