Bear studs and duds

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
51 seconds and clock running. I wouldn't run it there.
Plenty of time to run it. The field is compact so you could get to the line very easily. One run would have been a great call. The bears played 6 or 7 in the box a lot of the night and even at the end in the goal line. My dad said they shod run it and I think k one run would have been great. 51 seconds is more than enough to run

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just when you think this team can't disappoint you anymore, they totally outdo themselves. I can't even explain how disappointed I am in the offense and the play-calling. The Packers could have ran the ball at least once, if not twice, from the five yard line with 51 seconds remaining. Rodgers through the ball away on first and second down, James Jones couldn't wrangle the ball on third down and Rodgers are forced to make a desperation throw on fourth down.

Let's just say I'm beyond frustrated with this team.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty of time to run it. The field is compact so you could get to the line very easily. One run would have been a great call. The bears played 6 or 7 in the box a lot of the night and even at the end in the goal line. My dad said they shod run it and I think k one run would have been great. 51 seconds is more than enough to run

The Packers, just like any other team in the NFL, could call two plays in a row. 51 seconds is definitely enough time to run the ball on first down and possible second down.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think they could have run with 51 seconds..but you know what they say about hindsight

ClaysSecondWife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers, just like any other team in the NFL, could call two plays in a row. 51 seconds is definitely enough time to run the ball on first down and possible second down.
It came down to MM being bitter about that fumble, and ultimately making a decision with Lacy that in all honesty, could've cost us the game. Aaron just left the press conference saying he couldn't feel his left hand for most of the 4th. Inconsequential, really, but may warrant handing the ball to Lacy atleast for a down (after he'd been pretty hot all night)? 51 seconds is a lot of time, and it seems like it could've been a mistake.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It came down to MM being bitter about that fumble, and ultimately making a decision with Lacy that in all honesty, could've cost us the game. Aaron just left the press conference saying he couldn't feel his left hand for most of the 4th. Inconsequential, really, but may warrant handing the ball to Lacy atleast for a down (after he'd been pretty hot all night)? 51 seconds is a lot of time, and it seems like it could've been a mistake.

I agree. Isn't that what Eddie Lacy is made to do? Score from 5 yards and in? He's a bowling ball. Give him a chance. It's easy for a defense to rush the passer and play coverage when there is no threat of a run game.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If they ran and it got stuffed, then the topic would all be talking about how bad of a play call it was.

ClaysSecondWife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they ran and it got stuffed, then the topic would all be talking about how bad of a play call it was.
Understood, and that's true. But hasn't everyone learned that it's just easier to blame MM and move on? I'm choosing to blame MM for the Westminster dog show, and the muggy weather. He is the root of all evil undercurrents in this world.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just when you think this team can't disappoint you anymore, they totally outdo themselves. I can't even explain how disappointed I am in the offense and the play-calling. The Packers could have ran the ball at least once, if not twice, from the five yard line with 51 seconds remaining. Rodgers through the ball away on first and second down, James Jones couldn't wrangle the ball on third down and Rodgers are forced to make a desperation throw on fourth down.

Let's just say I'm beyond frustrated with this team.
Are you really going to put Rodgers down when he threw it out of bounds to stop the clock when his lazy slow motion receivers couldn't get open? What was he supposed to do, force a throw to brick hands #1 or brick hands #2, or run the ball and keep the clock running?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy didn't make a 3rd and 1, from the 5 isn't a sure thing by any means. Though I did think he ran well tonight, minus the fumble, I don't have a problem with passing 4 times. They could have run once and I wouldn't have had a problem with that either.

You know if we ran twice and then had to hurry a pass everyone would be *****ing that they didn't let the best quarterback in the league have 4 attempts to win and save the clock.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you really going to put Rodgers down when he threw it out of bounds to stop the clock when his lazy slow motion receivers couldn't get open? What was he supposed to do, force a throw to brick hands #1 or brick hands #2, or run the ball and keep the clock running?

I didn't think I was "putting Rodgers down". I thought it was clear I was blaming the play-calling. No running... no motion... just ****** routes by average players.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy didn't make a 3rd and 1, from the 5 isn't a sure thing by any means. Though I did think he ran well tonight, minus the fumble, I don't have a problem with passing 4 times. They could have run once and I wouldn't have had a problem with that either.

You know if we ran twice and then had to hurry a pass everyone would be *****ing that they didn't let the best quarterback in the league have 4 attempts to win and save the clock.

But what about the threat of a running game? Run on first down and run play-action on second down. Make the defensive line pause for a half second.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Whoever made the decision for MM to hand the play calling off to Clements.

I think that was MM who agreed to do that. To be frank MM wasn't as good of an OC as some of you are making him out to be either. He had many games where his play calling was suspect. They need to pray Sean Payton gets Cannes in Nola or Philbin wants to come back

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUD: MM- his stubbornness to adjust in game and stop runing these uhhh wide receivers run around and get open and Rodgers will get you the ball type plays. MM playbook is trash. His use of timeouts are pathetic, he has come to comfortable. He keeps mashtay on the team I have no clue why. He doesn't get Aaron any help in free agency. MM will get his self fired.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUD: MM- his stubbornness to adjust in game and stop runing these uhhh wide receivers run around and get open and Rodgers will get you the ball type plays. MM playbook is trash. His use of timeouts are pathetic, he has come to comfortable. He keeps mashtay on the team I have no clue why. He doesn't get Aaron any help in free agency. MM will get his self fired.

Great play analysis...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that was MM who agreed to do that. To be frank MM wasn't as good of an OC as some of you are making him out to be either. He had many games where his play calling was suspect. They need to pray Sean Payton gets Cannes in Nola or Philbin wants to come back

This is my favorite post of all-time on this forum. I agree with you 100% and have been saying this forever. Clements and MM are both garbage play-callers. Get Sean Payton and his creative play calling in Green Bay.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my favorite post of all-time on this forum. I agree with you 100% and have been saying this forever. Clements and MM are both garbage play-callers. Get Sean Payton and his creative play calling in Green Bay.

I'm sure you can back that up by naming tons of poor calls....

One of the best offenses in the league year after year simply does not be that good with garbage play calling. It's amazing to me people can think that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This is the same offense as last year minus Jordy. Can only blame the loss of Jordy so long, something else isn't right.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you can back that up by naming tons of poor calls....

One of the best offenses in the league year after year simply does not be that good with garbage play calling. It's amazing to me people can think that.

Yeah, I'm going to get a list for you of specific calls in specific games.... Or you could just watch the 4th quarter of last year's NFC Championship Game

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to get a list for you of specific calls in specific games.... Or you could just watch the 4th quarter of last year's NFC Championship Game

My point was if there have been tons of garbage play calling, you should be able to name it.

You really think one game overrules years of great offense?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How is MM's play calling on offense in previous years even being questioned? Look up the stats, by no means was the Packers offense under his play calling bad, terrible or average......they were always at the top. As I said above, nothing has changed but Jordy, Bennett and Clements, do the math.

Last edited: