Bear studs and duds

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that football crossed the goal line, it wasn't by much. If he flips it early, no touchdown. I don't know who recovered it, if it went out of bounds or what afterwards, but they called it a TD after review, so I never paid attention.

Ok, I understand now (I didn't see the td). I thought you meant his showboating could have been called a taunting penalty.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How would that negate the touchdown? I believe in this case the defense has the option of taking the 15 yard penalty on the PAT or the ensuing kickoff, but it doesn't negate the touchdown.

It's not a td if he tosses the ball before it crosses or breaks the plane of the goal line. That's what he was close on.

Daryl Muellenberg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a td if he tosses the ball before it crosses or breaks the plane of the goal line. That's what he was close on.

Technically, in order for a td to be 'negated' there has to be a td in the first place. If he lost the ball before he crossed the goal line then it wouldn't have been a td, so it would not have been 'negated'. Now if the original post had said 'prevented' instead of 'negated', then I wouldn't have been confused. As I said in an earlier post, I realize now what he meant.

Members online

Latest posts