Bates vs Sherman/Rossley

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
It appears the defense was much better prepared and played a much better game than the offense, especially considering the personell on each. Kudos to Bates.
 

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,486
Reaction score
0
He may get yet another chance to take over mid-season if MS keeps this **** up!

Are he and TR lovers or something?
 

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
digsthepack said:
He may get yet another chance to take over mid-season if MS keeps this **** up!

Are he and TR lovers or something?


Lets make a prediction ... week 13 bates will be interim hc
 

tromadz

Cheesehead
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
999
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago
bates said he considered pulling carroll.....i hope he considers not playing him at all sunday.
 

Hammer

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
651
Reaction score
0
Location
Durham, NC
I was also pretty impressed at the improvement that the defense showed yesterday, albeit against the Lions, of course.
Did anyone else notice that the Phins kick the Donkey's *** ( pun intended ) yesterday? Their defense seems to have not lost a step without Bates.
Hammer
 

DePack

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
1
Location
Newark, Delaware
Let's see.....a couple weeks ago most of you felt the contract extension for Sherman was a good thing. After week one we are calling for his head? Kind of reminds me of last season when we were 1-4. Where am I.....on an Eagles forum?
 

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Joined
Dec 12, 2004
Messages
11,903
Reaction score
4
Location
Green Bay, WI
I stand by my comment saying the contract was a good thing. Now I am not saying him fullfilling those two years is a good thing and I didn't say that before.
 

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,486
Reaction score
0
DePack...you know my longstanding position on Sherman...much to like, but his faults are killers. He killed us yesterday. Completely unprepared to compete offensively..let's not even get into Ahman getting the ball only 15-16 times on what has been modeled into a power running team!
 

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
No question Bates did the most with the least and Sherman did the least with the most.

I would have been really upbeat about the defense if the offense did not stink up the place so bad.

I feel really good how Bates has these guy's playing considering their very average athletic ability.

Sherman continues to fail in the area of quality control, (the little things) where his teams regularly fail.

Considering the entire picture, this is the worst the Packers have looked since the mid 80's :cry: I feel a long season unless # 4 can bail Sherman out again.
 

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampton, VA
SlickVision said:
I stand by my comment saying the contract was a good thing. Now I am not saying him fullfilling those two years is a good thing and I didn't say that before.

I also stand by my comments about the extension being a good thing. Sherman is a good man and a good coach--and he deserved to be pretected byt he Green Bay Packers. Its called loyalty.

However, if someone does not live up to the contract, you need to look at other options.

His decision making is clearly in question, especially on game day. He challenged the wrong play yesterday. I'm not giving him a free pass like last year. His job is to coach this football team now, not be the GM. If he can't coach then he deserves to be on the hot seat.
 

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
Personally, I never said the extension was a good thing. In fact, if I was TT I would NOT have given it to Sherman. If his players really wanted to play for him they would have done so to protect his job. If the players lay down on him to cost him his job, they aren't going to play for him at a high level just because he has a contract.

That being said, I understand the other side of the coin as far as the extension. It gives him leverage and every opportunity get the job done. But the bottom line is that players will play at a championship level for a leader, they won't play at that level for a boss.

His game preparation, strategy and critcal decisions during the game leave much to be desired.

I was hoping he not having to perform GM duties and the experience he has gained would improve those things. I'm still hoping, I wish he would somehow turn into a great coach this year. But I don't see that happening.
 

brewcrew1702

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
What I was most disappointed in from the coaching staff was the play calling. There were numerous 3rd and shorts where they would call a pass play which obviously wasn't working. Green was running the ball well and yet they only gave him around 15 touches. Then there were 3rd and longs and we would be doing screen plays. The play calling in my mind was awful.
 

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
1
Location
Ashland, WI
Packman4Favre said:
No question Bates did the most with the least and Sherman did the least with the most.

I would have been really upbeat about the defense if the offense did not stink up the place so bad.

I feel really good how Bates has these guy's playing considering their very average athletic ability.

Sherman continues to fail in the area of quality control, (the little things) where his teams regularly fail.

Considering the entire picture, this is the worst the Packers have looked since the mid 80's :cry: I feel a long season unless # 4 can bail Sherman out again.

It is only week one. Relax. Dont push the panic button yet.
 

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampton, VA
brewcrew1702 said:
What I was most disappointed in from the coaching staff was the play calling. There were numerous 3rd and shorts where they would call a pass play which obviously wasn't working. Green was running the ball well and yet they only gave him around 15 touches. Then there were 3rd and longs and we would be doing screen plays. The play calling in my mind was awful.

I thought that too. Way too many short passes, which isn't Favre's game anyway. The man never has had any "touch" for that type of game. He's better when he's drilling our guys with 12-15 yard medium routes.
For the life of me I can't figure out why we continually go to the 6 yard pass on 3rd and 8, or the 4 yard pass on 3rd and 6. The game plan never even included running the ball. We set up the run with the pass and it should have been the opposite.

My BIGGEST problem is we never trailed by more than 7 points until late in the 4Q, so why we were passing was killing me.
 

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
1
Location
Ashland, WI
digsthepack said:
DePack...you know my longstanding position on Sherman...much to like, but his faults are killers. He killed us yesterday. Completely unprepared to compete offensively..let's not even get into Ahman getting the ball only 15-16 times on what has been modeled into a power running team!

yes ahman ran very well too.
 

Members online

Top