1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Barnett wearing his invisibility cloak again.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by yourout, Nov 6, 2005.

1. yourout

yourout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Everytime I think he is starting to take the next step he disappears.

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The dudes too light in the shorts to play middle linebacker.

3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    agreed, why the organization is so reluctant to put him where he belongs (olb) is beyond me!

4. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    In April, I thought Odell Thurman, who Cincy scooped up was a good pick for us then---and shift Barnett to OLB...maybe this season a free agent pickup would be the solution?

I love this Bates defense, everything seems to be clicking almost...we dont need a star in the MLB position, but it's all about using Barnett where he can be most effective...oh also depth

5. yourout

yourout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was all over Thurman after he mauled the Badgers in last years bowl game. He is the leading tackler for Cinci right now. Sure wish he was wearing the green and gold.

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah, but Thurman had "character issues", what linebacker doesn't

Like I said, Barnett needs to be moved to the outside and take Diggs' place, I'm talking long term...now we only have a certain number of draft picks, this is where we look for a veteran to fill the hole--our defense can be even better next season with all the young talent, and if next year will be what I think it will be, our defense will have to be the driving force...

7. ChuckSTG

ChuckSTG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Barnett did have some decent plays but yup, he dissapears during games. If he moves outside that means that he will have to be a good cover LB too. Haven't been to impressed with his cover skills though. I like Hodge out of Iowa (smaller with speed and fits bates system) or Brooks from Virginia, but we would have to use our 1st pick on brooks. Hodge might make it to the second round and we have an early pick there too from the way things are going. I just want to get a defense that helps out farve if he stays around and helps us to he SB, we at least owe him that. Look what Orton is doing. He has a defense he can relie on to keep the game in reach. the defense has done suprising well this year and with a few playmakers in key spots will we do loads better on Defense. Either way Barnett should be moved outside.

Probable reason why they didn't move him outside last spring...no one to replace him with (Either Manning an undrafted Rookie or Paris Lenon??)