Barnett: To Be Charged With Disorderly Conduct

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this sucks but it from your guys points it sounds like he wont be suspended and i dont think he will either.

anyways hopefully he busted out his samurai moves when he got a drink thrown in his face!

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BARNETT'S REACTION

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...fbn.packers.barnett.ap/index.html?eref=si_nfl

Barnett plans not guilty plea. Packers LB faces charges of disorderly conduct

Packers linebacker Nick Barnett will plead not guilty to two charges of disorderly conduct when they are formally filed, his lawyer said Wednesday. "We intend to plead not guilty and defend the charges aggressively," said Avi Berk, Barnett's lawyer. Barnett, a five-year starter, was arrested early June 17 outside an Appleton nightspot after a woman accused him of pushing her during an argument. Special prosecutor Ray Perline said earlier Wednesday that the investigation was complete and he planned to file two charges against Barnett as soon as he could meet with the investigating officer to swear out the complaint, probably in about two weeks. Berk said Wednesday that he and Barnett were disappointed by Perline's decision. He described Barnett's actions as "horseplay" and a minor incident. The club owner has said the whole event has been overblown and the woman threw a drink on Barnett before he allegedly shoved her and was arrested.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats a key witness

and if goodell just glances over the cases fact sheet, he'll see he can't take any action against barnett at least until the matter is settled.

so barnett is fine.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if the trial runs for a couple months. I'd rather have Barnett miss these games than any playoff games.

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=661657

Notes: Barnett to be charged in June altercation

Green Bay Packers linebacker Nick Barnett will be charged with two misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct related to the altercation he had at an Appleton bar in June, the lead prosecutor said Wednesday. Even if he is convicted, it is highly unlikely Barnett will face a suspension from the National Football League. The more stringent personal conduct policy put in place by Commissioner Roger Goodell states that "unless the case involves significant bodily harm, a first offense will generally not result in discipline." Door County Assistant District Attorney Ray Pelrine, the special prosecutor in the case, said Barnett has no prior convictions. Pelrine also said he has not spoken to anyone from the NFL about the case. Barnett, who referred all specific questions to the case to his attorney, said he won't let his legal problems affect his on-field performance. "I'm poised to have a great year as a Packer," Barnett said. "I can't worry about that too much. I can only control what I control, and that's here playing football with my teammates. "I wouldn't do this locker room justice if I was to sit here and focus about something else other than football."

NOTE: TO END SPECULATION, IN WORST CASE SCENARIO, BARNETT WOULD GET FINED...ASSUMING THIS NONSENSE EVEN GOES TO TRIAL.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
cheesey said:
Everytime i see the name "Lovie", i think of Mrs. Thurston Howell the 3rd from "Gilligan's Island!!!"
I can't get that out of my head!!! :lol:

You are just one sick puppy. She is old enough to be your Grandmother. :p :p

Old enough to be Cheesey's GM? I don't think you know how old Cheesy is. :D
The only disorderly conduct Barnett is guilty of is in the backfield. I thought Sunday's game was one of the better ones I've seen him play. He truly athletic
HEEEEEY NOW!!!! I'm not THAT old!
Besides.........."Lovie" (if she was still alive) would be old enough to be my great great great grandmother! :lol:

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure there's nothing to be concerned about. Misdemeanors with no significant priors(especially disorderly conduct) rarely, if ever, produce jail time.

If minor enough here, they plead them down to a county forfeiture rather than state charges which results in a fine. The fact they brought in a special prosecutor means something will happen, but they will likely give him a maximum fine and probation.

From what I've read, there has been very little done to the players by the league in situations like this.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I'm kidding Cheese, as we always say you're only as old as you feel. :D And if Barnett and the D keep up the pace I'll be feeling very young by the end of the year

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I'm kidding Cheese, as we always say you're only as old as you feel. :D And if Barnett and the D keep up the pace I'll be feeling very young by the end of the year
I knew you were kidding! I was laughing as i wrote the response!!!

Say......i know the saying is "You are only as old as you feel".......
can you do me a favor, feel me and tell me how old I am???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts