1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Barnett Files Grievance

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, Dec 26, 2007.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Let's talk Favre for a moment. Balls bouncing off of defenders fingers? How many interceptions did he throw where a receiver didn't catch the ball and the ball bounced off his fingers? How many interceptions because the receiver ran the wrong route? Other than Sterling Sharpe, Favre has never thrown to a great receiver. He's thrown to a few good receivers, but not too many great receivers. I'd take Favre over any quarterback in the last twenty five years. How many linebackers would you take above Urlacher? End of argument.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,951
    He is a overgrown saftey so he should be able to run side to side very well, drop in coverage and why he really cant run thru a blocker

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes. True 4th.

4. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll take a 60% chance future HOF. If we had a team of 60% chance future HOFs, we'd win the SB every year by a wide margin.

Urlacher is great. I love the guy when he's not playing us. The guy has a nose for the football, he has football smarts, and he's all over the place. He seems to read Favre like a book, which really bothers me.

Notice that when Favre throws the ball, Urlacher's always on the screen, no matter where he throws it. that really pisses me off being a Packers fan, but I have to respect the guy.

What's with the Bears anyways and their history of having great LBs, great RBs, and horrible QBs? I never understood that. Every decade, it seems like the same thing.

5. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Update

Wow. I like it. :thumbsup:

6. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    They had the picture of this in SI today.

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking at the replays, the ref's action did seem excessive. Glad to know the league thought of it as inappropriate.

So refs make around $130,000-$140,000 during the regular season. Interesting.

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I don't want to sound like one of those typical whine babies, but sure seems like the refs are blowing a lot of calls this year and then this happens... weird.

9. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

I once was a ref for a 5 year old kiddie soccer tournament. The kids were more concerned about the dandelions than the soccer ball, yet I endured every four letter word in the dictionary from the parents...now extrapolate that to 70,000 fans, players, coaches...

Honestly try to put yourself in the shoes of a ref...they deserve every penny!

10. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Urlacher is over rated just like Butkus was. Butkus was another good linebacker, but he wasn't in the league of a Ray Nitchke. Both of those guys just were lucky enough to play in a big city.

11. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This has got to be the biggest homer thread of them all.

12. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dont forget how overrated Sayers and Payton were also.

13. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I agree. Started out as a simple question, and turned into an Urlacher analysis.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    More like a "Urlacher Anal-ysis!" :lol:

15. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Sayers and Peyton were without doubt two of the greatest backs that ever played the game. They were impact players in every way. Lawrence Taylor was an impact linebacker. His play made you change how you played offensively. Reggie White did that as well. What I am saying is that as good as Urlachher is, no one game plans around him. He is a very good football player, he's just not great. The majority of his reputation comes as much from where he plays as how he plays.

Back to Barnett. He is another one who believes that he's better than he actually is. I like him. I'm glad we have him. But he has this tendency to bring things upon himself because he's just not a class act. I think he has played as well as Urlacher this season, but I don't think he's among the elite linebackers in the league.

It will be very interesting today to see if the refs are more observant of his behavior and his tactics today. When I first saw that he wanted the ref punished, the first thing that came to my mind was, geez just shut up and play ball. Why in the world would you want to call more attention to yourself. Just like I don't like cheaters I don't care for athletes who simply have to be the show.