1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Bad breaks, dum luck, I don't care. 5-10 from 13-3 is ......

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packer98, Dec 23, 2008.

1. packer98

packer98 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    embarrassing. some one needs to go. Set the tone for next year the mediocre will not be tolerated or expected as it was shown this year. Opionions on who goes ?? Sanders is my vote.

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Sanders and Stock SHOULD be fired. But MM will not fire them, which will lead to his downfall.

3. LindyChop

LindyChop Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sanders and Stock need to go. Special Teams lost the game last night and has been an Achilles heel all year. Sanders does not take enough chances defensively. He plays press man coverage but doesn't blitz? Never have I witnessed, until Sanders, a defense play press man with 2 deep help and not at least key blitz a backer or nickel back when you know you can't get pressure with your front 4 to move a QB off the spot. It flies in the face of smart football. His claim to fame is that he learned from the Cowboys line of defense under Bates, who worked under Wantstedt, but what Sanders doesn't realize is that he doesn’t have the Cowboy talent of the early to mid 90’s. We don’t have Charles Haley, Tony Tolbert, Leon Lett, Tony Casillas, Russell Maryland, Ken Norton, Darren Woodsen, et. al. I like Kampman but he’s at best a #2 caliber DE expected to be a #1. Those Cowboy teams could sit in Cover 4 and play off because they could manufacture pressure with their front 4…..the Packers can’t. Loosing Jenkins hurt and KGB, even though I didn’t like him, could at least provide a rush on 2nd and long and 3rd downs. Granted he was hurt this year. The bottom line is that we can’t play the Cowboy way on defense with who we have. Thompson should have thrown the money at Williams. He was productive. Sure you can point to him and say look what he’s doing in Cleveland, but he’s playing a 5 Tech End in a 3-4 2 gap scheme….that’s not his strong suit. Bottom line, we need to: 1) get better talent on our D-Line, 2) get a D-Coordinator who will adjust to the talent he has on the field (maybe we can get Gregg Williams…make him assistant head coach/d-coord.). Getting rid of Stock is a no-brainer.

4. rottencheese

rottencheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "Special Teams lost the game last night and has been an Achilles heel all year."

No, it was the cockiness of GB underestimating the Bears that lost them the game. Tough.

Go Bears!!! LMAO!!

5. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    Sanders and Stock should be gone next Monday. Hell, maybe even right after the game.

Harrel should be next Tuesday

Clifton next Thursday

Moll on Friday, or find a replacement.

And tell TT to go with a sure fire draft pick not somoene who will be hit or miss.

and bring in:

KGB. You heard it. Re-sign KGB. They will say this knee is healthy and I would bet situationally, he will compliment Kampman well.

6. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35

Maybe but the Bears need a reciever. Any reciever.

7. gman

gman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    MM should get some better special teams.

8. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I really doubt they underestimated the Bears. Bad special teams lost it for the Packers. I'm a scoreboard guy, the Bears scored more points, they deserve the win. But, there are always reasons why the outcome is determined, last night was ST. Had Crosby made that FG, you'd be pissing and moaning about the Bears offense.

9. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Somebody tell rottencheese the bears will be watching the playoffs on TV too. :lol:

10. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the laugh.

11. gman

gman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Right but we faced some hard teams