Available at #30 - who do you take?

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's funny to say I'm looking too much at combine numbers when I've watched him play and talked about it.

But if we should ignore the numbers, do you want to explain to me why there is such a strong correlation with success there? Is that just a big statistical anomaly? Because if we want to talk odds, the plodding behemoths with questionable balance like Wilson have been far more likely to bust.

Weight is far from the only thing. Balance, foot speed, hand placement, lunging... there's lots there.
Huh. And that is what you see?

Heres a correlation for you: Unaggressive OL fail 85% of the time.

This from the guy who thinks we need to draft players for a 3-4 alignment we run about 18% of the time.

I feel another sig bet coming on.

THE BATTLE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS

I say Isaiah gets drafted before your boy Ezra.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Huh. And that is what you see?

Heres a correlation for you: Unaggressive OL fail 85% of the time.

I feel another sig bet coming on.

THE BATTLE OF THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS

I say Isaiah gets drafted before your boy Ezra.

I like the title, but I won't take that bet. I could easily see Wilson going before Cleveland and vice versa. This is a league that took the likes of Ereck Flowers and D.J. Fluker near the top of round one, after all. I don't care so much about where guys go so much as what they will be and how they will fit.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the title, but I won't take that bet. I could easily see Wilson going before Cleveland and vice versa. This is a league that took the likes of Ereck Flowers and D.J. Fluker near the top of round one, after all. I don't care so much about where guys go so much as what they will be and how they will fit.
I am fairly sure most, maybe all GMs, have Wilson ahead of Cleveland. But there is sometimes an oddball GM out there. I actually think Wilson goes a good 30 picks before Cleveland. If it wasnt for the weight issue, I think Wilson is 20ish. He may still go 1st round. I still think Cleveland is 3rd round.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I am fairly sure most, maybe all GMs, have Wilson ahead of Cleveland. But there is sometimes an oddball GM out there. I actually think Wilson goes a good 30 picks before Cleveland. If it wasnt for the weight issue, I think Wilson is 20ish. He may still go 1st round. I still think Cleveland is 3rd round.

I am fairly sure most, maybe all GMs, have player rankings that we aren't privvy to. But there is sometimes an oddball poster out there who seems to think otherwise.

Again, I would not be surprised if Wilson gets drafted before Cleveland. He is a better fit for certain teams. Clubs that want to run a lot of gap scheme and power in the running game would understandably value him above guys like Cleveland. Teams that run primarily zone, and especially teams that like to use outside zone and the screen game heavily (e.g. the Packers) are likely to value Cleveland above Wilson.

A sig bet I would take is Cleveland going in the 3rd round.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
All right. You are on. If Cleveland goes in round 3 or later, I win.

You have a shot at this. There could be an OT run and some GM panics. They are at home and some may be drinking.

I give you credit for the chutzpah. 3rd round is pretty bold, even for someone who doesn't like Cleveland.

Reaction score
I like Blacklock paired with Kenny and Z and Rashan or Preston all coming down at once. I think that a proactive approach upfront works better than playing on your heels with 10 DB's. (being sarcastic.. kinda)

I'd trade back and then pair pick #40 with a day 3 selection and shoot for Tee Higgins because
1. He's a prospect I think can produce year 1.
2. Being compared to A.J. Greene?? He also fits that prototypical Big Receiver GB likes and is coming out of college tied with the most receiving TD's in Clemson school history (27) and tied with Deandre Hopkins and Sammy Watkins. Adams and Higgins would be a load to handle for opposing DC's

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give you credit for the chutzpah. 3rd round is pretty bold, even for someone who doesn't like Cleveland.
What does it all mean in the big scheme of things? It's all in fun and I believe in my opinions. I'm not always right. I actually think Cleveland goes in the 4th, with an outside chance of 3rd, so I'm comfortable with the bet.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right. You are on. If Cleveland goes in round 3 or later, I win.

You have a shot at this. There could be an OT run and some GM panics. They are at home and some may be drinking.

Never did get around to changing it.

Wanna try again with this one?

Cleveland goes before Rd 3. Winner chooses signature?

Guess we should have stated the rules.

Nothing obscene and till the season starts. Which may be over a year.:(

Your signature will be "Guess I didn't learn ny lesson the first time. That Amish guy knows his draft prospects!"

Members online

Latest posts