1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Australian Packers fan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TheEngineer, May 19, 2008.

1. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

Just a warm greeting to the fellow Packers fans here, all the way from Western Australia!

Been following the Green Bay Packers ever since 1999, thanks to the Madden NFL '98 Demo of the Packers against the Broncos. At the time I had no idea how the NFL and the game really worked, so I spent my entire time lobbing Hail Mary's and hoping for the little guys to catch it. (I've since added a few more plays to my repertoire ;))

As for me, I'm 21, living in Australia, and yes, I'm an engineer*

*'ing student. (I don't have enough creativeness to come up with a better nickname.)

2. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the Packerforum. I was following the exploits of one of your fellow countrymen this past season. He came over here with his family to follow the Packers for a whole season. (Once in a lifetime fan.)

As Cheesey would no doubt say...You're an engineer? What kind of train do you drive? Don't worry if you don't know who Cheesey is. You will find out soon enough.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    :lol: You know me too well DGB454!!! The train thought came to mind right away!!! :lol:
    WELCOME Engineer!
    And yes.......you will get to know me soon enough! My "Cheesiness" will shine through! :D

4. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Ya g'day der! Welcome.

5. KesterTheJester

KesterTheJester Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    its weird how we become fans to teams, my story is my dad travelled to america once and at the time he supported the greenbay packers and i didnt know who they were, he bought me back a packers jersey and since then ive watched the game with my paps :)

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sweet story KTJ! I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life! I started out watching the Packers with my Dad and Brother.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool.
    I got a slew of engineer jokes.

Welcome!

8. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site engineer, happy posting.

9. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Welcome. Thanks for not being a spam bot. Have fun, this site rules.

10. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcomes.

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Glad to have you aboard the "Packer train" mate!!! :D

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Btw, I work as a Software Engineer. Yes, we had to suffer through the math too, so we don't like it when people don't call us Engineers.

So, how much calculus have you had so far? I hate Calculus. I still have nightmares about it and it's been 10 years now since I've been in a math class.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Zombie................do you actually USE any of that stuff, like calculus? I learned so much in school, like algebra. I had straight A's in algebra, yet if you asked me to do an algebra problem today, i couldn't do it even if my life depended on it. Why? Cause not ONCE in my "real" life have i ever had the use for algebra. I wish they would have taught more things that were really USEFUL in everyday life.

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As a Software Engineer, let me see...

Um...

No.

Algebra we use all the time. Geometry a lot for gaming. Calculus, I'm sure someone uses it. Just not me.

15. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Engineer,
    Welcome to the best forum around ,pf.com

I learned about the exploits of Green Bay Packer from my dad ,when I was youngster growing up on the east side of Green Bay in 1940's and 1950's. The family home was just 4 blocks from "old wooden " City Stadium, the Packer home stadium from 1925-1956.

I have memories of watching co founder, GM and head Coach Earl"Curly" Lambeau conducting Summer training camp practices next to Green Bay East high School in the late 1940's.

The Green Bay Packers have come along way ,since those long ago days. The Green Bay Packers now have fans all over the world , like you "down under" in Australia.

PWT36 a Green Bay born and raised very longtime Packer fan, now located in DePere, Wi. which is just five miles for Historic Lambeau Field.