as bad as our season ended...

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we should create a new nomenclature for describing fans:

Bandwagon Fan - following the team only when they have success
________ Fan - always following the team but never satisfied with anything less than championships
________ Fan - always following the team and generally happy when the team wins more than it loses
Well there has to be another category for me then. lol

I started following the Dolphins because I loved Dan Marino in college and Miami drafted him.

I started following all the Packers games I could after they drafted Aaron Rodgers just to watch him play because I really liked him in college, and Miami could have drafted him and I wanted them to SO BAD that I started a thread saying "Aaron Rodgers is the next Joe Montana with a stronger arm", they laughed at me, seriously. And then Miami didn't draft him (morons).

So I guess you could say that I am a Players fan first, and then I become a Team fan when they play for them. I guess. lol

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well there has to be another category for me then. lol

I started following the Dolphins because I loved Dan Marino in college and Miami drafted him.

I started following all the Packers games I could after they drafted Aaron Rodgers just to watch him play because I really liked him in college, and Miami could have drafted him and I wanted them to SO BAD that I started a thread saying "Aaron Rodgers is the next Joe Montana with a stronger arm", they laughed at me, seriously. And then Miami didn't draft him (morons).

So I guess you could say that I am a Players fan first, and then I become a Team fan when they play for them. I guess. lol

True, there are a lot a Players fans too. Those who follow a certain player more resolutely than a team. That is legit.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, there are a lot a Players fans too. Those who follow a certain player more resolutely than a team. That is legit.
I am a huge fan of Barry Sanders. Adrian peterson. Even though they played for the enemy. Just lucky I guess that my team had favre and rodgers in that same periods of time. We win!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, we have to go all the way back to 2014 to find a shameful exit for the Pack? ;)

I think that's likely fair. That was a brutal ending.

It is still, however, far better to be a Packer than a Viking. I don't see how anyone could possibly disagree.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curly is liable to get his hind quarters chewed with all this " good game" talk.... I'm still not over it.

:)

I call 'em as I see 'em. Green Bay needed to make one more stop on defense to give Rodgers a shot, but couldn't get it done this time. Let's give the Cardinals a little credit, they're a pretty good club.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that's likely fair. That was a brutal ending.

It is still, however, far better to be a Packer than a Viking. I don't see how anyone could possibly disagree.

There were many teams that won a whole lot more between SBII and Favre, but I was perfectly happy being a Packer fan.

If you're talking just about soul-crushing defeats, though, and not just overall record, you may have a point - I'll count them when it's not Monday morning. :)

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got hot when it counted. Az was lucky to be in it still. Our def choked in ot after playing great. Dang it. It sucked. This one could've been ours.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and there is one reason why american sports and fans and support still baffles me in some way. i see how it can happen when some states don't have a "home" team per se

Members online

Latest posts