as bad as our season ended...

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I chewed the guy out next to me after he said, "it was a good game". Lol I was pissed. Larry Fitzgerald and his stupid big @!z big smile. And stupid bird helmet... Grrrrrrr.

But can you imagine the vikes??? Oh man!!! Their fans must be starving. And their meat and potatoes were just stolen. Brutal loss...

Ap did his best and the kicker screwed him. Brutal.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed the Vikes loss had to be gut wrenching to take.

I also wouldn't have wanted to hear 'it was a great game. ' Thing is, it WAS a great game but I got tired of hearing the Cardinals are just that much better and talented than us and we should have just been happy to give them a run.

No, they're not, and we're better than that. We were in it to win it, not to take them down to the wire. Just came up short.

Sky King

Reaction score
The Cards played up to expectations and maybe a little beyond this past season. The Packers did not. It helps to explain both losses. What's left-handedly comforting and disturbing at the same time is that a Packer team playing up to expectations or beyond should have been playing this coming Sunday.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I chewed the guy out next to me after he said, "it was a good game". Lol I was pissed. Larry Fitzgerald and his stupid big @!z big smile. And stupid bird helmet... Grrrrrrr.

But can you imagine the vikes??? Oh man!!! Their fans must be starving. And their meat and potatoes were just stolen. Brutal loss...

Didn't pay much attention, but didn't AP give the ball to the other guys?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't pay much attention, but didn't AP give the ball to the other guys?
There was a lot of that in the playoffs this year.

The Bengals had victory, right there. They had won, yet they didn't because their RB fumbled the ball back to the Steelers allowing the Steelers a chance, they took it and moved on to the Broncos.

Then down 2 RB's, the #1 WR in the league and having a one armed qb they were on their way to victory against the Broncos when their 3rd or 4th string RB fumbled on the edge of scoring position and Denver then marched down to take the lead with a couple minutes left. Denver took their chance and then bounced the Steelers.

The Vikings had outplayed the Seahawks for much of the game. AP fumbled the lead away and then in the end the kicker missed to win.

I know there were lots of other turnovers by all sorts of players and game changing plays, but it seemed like we had a surge of late game fumbles by RB's that were pivotal in the comebacks for other teams this year.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Packers won a road playoff game. They also managed to force overtime, again on the road, against a a team that had thoroughly dominated them just a week before. No shame in that.

The Vikings, on the other hand, choked. And they choked at home. A game they should have won they found a way to lose. Seattle practically begged them to get beat, but the Vikings just weren't going to let that happen.

Many will blame the kicker, and he did miss a chip shot. He also scored all their points. The Vikings did not score a single touchdown, at home, in a playoff game. I would put the loss on that rather than the kicker.

This was a lousy season for the Pack, and the best season for the Vikings since Favre took them to the playoffs. Still, in the end, it was better to be Green & Gold than Purple. Being purple never ends well.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cards played up to expectations and maybe a little beyond this past season. The Packers did not. It helps to explain both losses. What's left-handedly comforting and disturbing at the same time is that a Packer team playing up to expectations or beyond should have been playing this coming Sunday.

And the coin didn't flip, that was pretty creative Las Vegas. I ain't never seen that one before. lol

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers won a road playoff game. They also managed to force overtime, again on the road, against a a team that had thoroughly dominated them just a week before. No shame in that.

The Vikings, on the other hand, choked. And they choked at home. A game they should have won they found a way to lose. Seattle practically begged them to get beat, but the Vikings just weren't going to let that happen.

So, we have to go all the way back to 2014 to find a shameful exit for the Pack? ;)

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curly is liable to get his hind quarters chewed with all this " good game" talk.... I'm still not over it.

:)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hate to say (type) this, but 2015 was one of the more entertaining season for me in recent memory. Sure, I love winning Super Bowls, but the ups and the downs of this last season were kind of fun in hind sight. Gave us all something to talk about each week. Start out 6-0 and we are marching to the SB. Then back to reality and watching all the band wagoners jumping fast. What coach should be fired? How bad is TT with his draft and development? Who wasn't talking about that Lions game for weeks? The fours best QB's in Packer history (Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Jay Cutler) on the field the same night? Who gave the Packers a chance to win their first playoff game, yet alone their second?

So yes, we didn't go to or win the SB this year, but 2015 was still a fun ride for me. :D

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it have anything to do with whether or not one supports and roots for the Pack, regardless of the moves one thinks are necessary to improve team performance?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Does it have anything to do with whether or not one supports and roots for the Pack, regardless of the moves one thinks are necessary to improve team performance?

I still think a real Packer fan is one who thinks the worst day with the Packers is better than the best day with any other team. :tup:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Not to me. To me a "Band Wagon Fan" is one who is "all about the Packers when life is good and they are winning, but as soon as things aren't so good, its nothing but criticism and statements like "I'm done watching this sh*t", they suck."

Although I think someone else would define it as: "A person who knows very little about a team, but because everyone is talking about the team and the team is successful, they are now a fan."

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think a real Packer fan is one who thinks the worst day with the Packers is better than the best day with any other team. :tup:

Pretty much on board with that. The key, IMO, being the bold. If I'm pulling for the Pack but complain about some factor that I believe is holding them back, am I still on the bandwagon?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to me. To me a "Band Wagon Fan" is one who is "all about the Packers when life is good and they are winning, but as soon as things aren't so good, its nothing but criticism and statements like "I'm done watching this sh*t", they suck."

Although I think someone else would define it as: "A person who knows very little about a team, but because everyone is talking about the team and the team is successful, they are now a fan."

Somewhat on board with this, too. I understand the underlying thought to be Negative Nellies aren't on the bandwagon, but the last part strikes me as two factors. Since shortly before Lombardi, I've contended that 'they suck' (in context) many times. Have yet to say I'm done watching. Maybe I'm clinging to the bandwagon, but my feet are dragging on the ground?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Pretty much on board with that. The key, IMO, being the bold. If I'm pulling for the Pack but complain about some factor that I believe is holding them back, am I still on the bandwagon?

In my book, you are more then on board (not a band wagon rider) if you are offering up constructive criticism on things you feel went/are wrong. Doesn't really matter if you are right or wrong, because it means you are actually following them and what they are doing. I doubt many people who spend time in here and offer up opinions in a constructive way, can be classified as "band wagon fans", at least how I view it. But if you have nothing but unfounded negative statements and can't at least support them and are "flicking the channels" looking for something better to entertain you, that looks like a "Band Wagoneer" to me. When I mentioned it above, I was referring more to friends/family I know personally who makes statements like "nahhhh....I will watch them if they get into the Playoffs."

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

Nah, Bandwagons are for folks who are with the Pack at times and with some other team when things get rough. I think that is the classic understanding. Bandwagons are for folks who were with some other team and decided to follow the Pack because they're winning.

Even very optimistic fans complain about something with their team from time to time. Even very pessimistic fans find something good to say from time to time. It all comes out in the wash. (But optimistic people have the physical health benefits of optimism. :) )

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, Bandwagons are for folks who are with the Pack at times and with some other team when things get rough. I think that is the classic understanding. Bandwagons are for folks who were with some other team and decided to follow the Pack because they're winning.

Even very optimistic fans complain about something with their team from time to time. Even very pessimistic fans find something good to say from time to time. It all comes out in the wash. (But optimistic people have the physical health benefits of optimism. :) )

Me, too, but there are plenty of folks on sports boards for whom criticism equates to leaving the Packer fandom. Looks like we understand each other here. Opinions may vary, but the bottom line is that it "Packers forever".

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Me, too, but there are plenty of folks on sports boards for whom criticism equates to leaving the Packer fandom. Looks like we understand each other here. Opinions may vary, but the bottom line is that it "Packers forever".

There is a theme song for Bayern Munich Soccer Team in Germany, that has these words in it; "In good times and in bad times, we will stand together." That to me, is good fandom. Heck a number of us on this forum lived through the 70s and 80s and still loved our Pack. So even though we really really want to win it all, the 90s and 00s seam like the land of milk and honey in comparison. :tup:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we should create a new nomenclature for describing fans:

Bandwagon Fan - following the team only when they have success
________ Fan - always following the team but never satisfied with anything less than championships
________ Fan - always following the team and generally happy when the team wins more than it loses

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

________ Fan - always following the team but never satisfied with anything less than championships
________ Fan - always following the team and generally happy when the team wins more than it loses

Obsessive compulsive perfectionist Fan - always following the team but never satisfied with anything less than championships ;)

Moderate Fan - always following the team and generally happy when the team wins more than it loses :whistling:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Cherry Fan - always following the team but never satisfied with anything less than championships
Normie Fan - always following the team and generally happy when the team wins more than it loses
Cherry on top or my sundae (Sunday) ain't complete.
Normie - from Cheers