Article from the Press.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Packers want Carroll to get as much work as possible to hone his assignments and coverage skills, and to break his habit of using his hands excessively down field.

Kurt Schottenheimer said:
When he first got here he was God awful (about holding), You could have called him for holding on every snap. He

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the holding problem with carroll will be tough for him to shake. Dealing with the speed in the NFL has this kid confused, making him think the only way he can stay with these guys is to hold. The kid sure seams to have plenty of speed but every time he is caught out of position he thinks the only way out is to grab on. Time will tell as the jury is still out on Mr. Carroll.

Tucker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll has the talent to be a great corner in this league he just needs to believe in himself that he can do it.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'd like to see him succeed, we haven't been all that lucky with corners in the draft, except McKenzie and he wasn't even good enough for a Pro Bowl. Last PB'er we had in the secondary was Sharper I think.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious why our talented Scouting Corp didn't ferret this issue out right away?
I know Carroll was heavily sought in the Draft, but NO ONE caught this while he was in College? I think we oughta hypnotize him... His grabbing and clutching on the opponents have cost us on several goodplays downfield... One thing's for sure - if he doesn't knock it off, they'll set his butt down, and right now, we don't have anyone else who can step in. Joey Thomas isn't fast enough and doesn't set right as the play unfolds. What other options do we have?

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think coach Sherman needs to start giving him fines when he gets penalties because of his holding. If you hit him in the pocket book he will learn faster. He has great skills they just have to get rid of his bad habits.

Later
Leopardmech

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think he's gonna be alright..thats something you can fix. i think he's gonna be a great corner as well. it's easily one of the toughest positions to be thrown into as a rook.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And why will they be any better than Thomas and Carroll? Being rookies, wouldn't they go through the same learning curve/mistakes Carroll and Thomas are going through/making?

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see Sherman chewing out Carrol after that early punt when he was called for offensive holding. Carrol was walking away from Sherman as he was yelling at him. I would think that it isn't a wise move to walk away from the coach when he was talking.

Later
Leopardmech

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, LM, I missed that one... I'll have to see if someone taped the game - I was so damn busy during the first half... it was crazy! We had close to 100 Members show up at the Headquarters for the game... and they just kept on coming... last minute changes on FOX were causing all sorts of griping... we all thought the Packers were supposed to be on regular TV, but they changed it... without much warning.

Anyway - we sold a bunch of Tees, and raffled off some prizes and signed up about ten more new Members... we're right around 400 Members now and out-growing the current Hangout.
We have this tradition with our own SQUARES board, where we can at least hand out prizes each quarter.. in Indiana you can't actually sell squares like you do back in Wisconsin... so the Mgmt and the Club get together and hand out Packers items prizes & Beer-vendor prizes... beer buckets, trinkets like key chains, car plates, posters, those mini-helmets, calenders, etc... it's great fun and they all race to the board to sign their squares like it's the last of the water in the desert... The gang all shouts during a first down... and we're nutso when the TD's come flyin'....

Anytime you guys are in Indy, just drivin' thru or whatever... let me hear from ya...

I wanna see just big Carroll thinks his balls are...

Members online

Latest posts