Are we really the team to beat? How is our defense? And feelings on Favre....

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwqHPoH1Oo]YouTube - Are the Packers really Superbowl Favorites?[/ame]

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until we can prove that we can put pressure on the opposing QB-especially the good ones- we're not the favorites in my mind. The Interceptor needs to be on his back every time he drops back to pass.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense has to be ready for any passing attack in general. Even average joe QBs like Flacco, Cutler and Alex Smith managed to score easy points over us in the third quarter.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

For this year we cant get as many penalties. Last Season was terrable for that. And Also Protect Arron Rogers for god sakes. Sacks were a major issue too.

Reaction score
If we play better fundamental football we have a good chance of winning the Superbowl. That means cleaning up penalties and miscues. Other than that are team is good all the way around. I'd say our weakest parts is Pass protection and pass Rush. We should improve slightly at those spots. With our team i can't see why we couldn't make make a shot at the big show.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until we beat the vikings we cant say ****. Thats the first priority, talking about the SB before november or december I just cant do unless were talking about the season after we just won it all. The vikings are on top until we dethrone them.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense has to be ready for any passing attack in general. Even average joe QBs like Flacco, Cutler and Alex Smith managed to score easy points over us in the third quarter.
Exactly, and we even made rookie Josh Freeman into a winner last year in Tampa Bay.
And Carson Palmer looked good at Lambeau on us. Otherwise, he was awful last year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's actually a good joke. Arod is 3x better than Favre. Just look at the Jersey number.

BTW: "HE DOESN'T PLAY FOR THE RECORDS MY ***!!!"

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's actually a good joke. Arod is 3x better than Favre. Just look at the Jersey number.

BTW: "HE DOESN'T PLAY FOR THE RECORDS MY ***!!!"

LOL. I thought it was funny when he said "they (Saints) had a defense that had balls and hit Favre after he got rid of the football. Which I liked. Keep hittin' him. I say hit the son of a... every single play and keep racking up the penalties. I love that."

Hey Frank did you manage to catch that?

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no "team to beat" yet. Training camp hasn't even started and we have no idea how people are doing in the offseason. Every team is hyping their chances at this time of year. I live in Seattle and the hype machine is in overdrive for the Seahawks right now.

I believe team management can only put their team in a position to contend for a championship - by hiring a strong and cohesive staff and by assembling a deep and talented roster with a highly capable QB. Thompson has achieved this and has put the Pack in a position to contend for a LONG time. The roster is deep, young, and he has not mortgaged the future by trading draft picks or by signing expensive free agents which jeopardize the ability to retain the best young people.

Beyond this, a team needs:
- few or "favorable" injuries. You can't lose your QB to injury and you can't have too many injuries at the same position (like the Packers had last year at DB)
- luck. Playing other teams when they are down, a lucky bounce here or there, etc

So, no the Packers are not the team to beat, but they are absolutely a contender. I can hardly wait for the season to start.

Members online

Latest posts