Are we going to bring in a WR?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep waiting for TT to bring in a receiver. Surely we are not going to go into the 1st game with only 4. Other than Koren Robinson has anyone heard anything about anyone else. I know the Bears brought in Watts for a look.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Charles Woodson is our #5!

That must have been why he was brought in. I thought it was for his great TACKLING and COVERAGE. Thanks for clearing it up

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the clock's tickin, pyle...let's see if TT's got the cajones to finally get a veteran receiver. and NO i'm NOT a TT hater!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ah, a TT-bash thread already. nice. didnt take long.

Id hope TT is looking at people, and id assume he'll bring someone in. id be upset if he didnt. thats weird.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not bashing him, trommy...yet! it just seems to me like good ole teddy boy is playing with fire. a questionable o-line, one veteran receiver, & a beloved aging QB makes a scary combination. if his inaction causes favre to get injured, THEN i'll be bashin his *** from here to eternity!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
cheesey said:
Did anyone sign Tyrone Calico yet?

No Cheesey, not that I'm aware of. Watts will likely land in Chicago however

Thanks Pyle........i was hoping the Pack might bring him in for a look. I think his size would be great, and he might be a good #3WR.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
any lineman brought in would be a backup, so i dont know how vital it is to rush that decision

but a WR needs to be signed.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't think TT knows what a "veteran" offensive lineman is. It's not bashing as 4PackGirl said, but why would you not have someone with experience at a backup spot at least. There are veteran guys out there but TT keeps going after these rookies or 2nd year guys. I just don't get it. It's the same thing with the WR spot

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
any lineman brought in would be a backup, so i dont know how vital it is to rush that decision

but a WR needs to be signed.

He'd only be a backup because TT has this "master plan" to start two rookies. It's not like it would be hard to outplay Spitz or Moll.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep, TT doesnt know what a veteran lineman is.

hasn't he drafted 5 linemen in the last 2 years? did he sign them to sit on their *****, or to compete(which Spitz and Moll are going to do, Colledge didnt pan out this year at all, and is a disappointment in 2006 at guard)

a WR will almost definitely be brought in, and then you can complain how bad the guy is.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

hasn't he drafted 5 linemen in the last 2 years? did he sign them to sit on their *****, or to compete(which Spitz and Moll are going to do, Colledge didnt pan out this year at all, and is a disappointment in 2006 at guard)

a WR will almost definitely be brought in, and then you can complain how bad the guy is.

I guess TT isn't the only one who doesn't know what a VETERAN O-Lineman is.......

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

I guess TT isn't the only one who doesn't know what a VETERAN O-Lineman is.......

dont insult me, i know what one is, but its not vital at all. if we brought in a good capable one who could start, yeah.

if we bring in a vet linemen....hes available for a reason. hes not very good. but yeah, bring one in...for some reason, and play him ahead of guys we drafted and are paying, and let him take playing time from them...good idea.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
In my opinion " if only we would have givin Javon Walker a bigger contract after his breakout year..."

He had two years remaining on his contract. He had one Pro Bowl year coming off the bench as a 3rd WR going against teams 3rd defensive back.

He should have kept his mouth shut after that. Played the following year like most players do. You know, honoring the contract. He was given MILLIONS of dollars as a signing bonus before he ever even stepped foot on to a field. The Packers by doing so showed a bit of loyalty to his talent. He should of returned that loyalness by playing his contract out and trusting the Packers would have taken care of him.

Brett said Walker was the first WR all he had to do was throw it up in his direction and you knew he would come down with it. You wanna tell me that if Walker didn't throw a tissy fit and played his contract out the Packers would have let him go?

Not a chance.

I was a HUGE Walker advocate until his antics started after his Pro Bowl year. Even then I said 'wait lets jus see how this pans out, give him a chance'. Then he fired Rosenhaus and boy did I think things were gonna go positive from there. I was wrong.

If the Packers would have simply ponied up. Imagine the line of players at Ted's door demanding to do the same as Walker. Perhaps Al Harris?

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe McCarthy said he was going to keep 6 WRs a few months ago. Now, we have only 4. I don't understand.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson's decision to start the season with four wideouts last year was one of his most dubious moves, and sure enough, it backfired immediately when Walker got hurt in the first game. I will be very disappointed if Thompson repeats that mistake again this year.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

dont insult me, i know what one is, but its not vital at all. if we brought in a good capable one who could start, yeah.

if we bring in a vet linemen....hes available for a reason. hes not very good. but yeah, bring one in...for some reason, and play him ahead of guys we drafted and are paying, and let him take playing time from them...good idea.

This makes no sense. Most teams sign veteran lineman because they are experienced and have played in the nfl and know what to do, and then work in the rookies during the year so that they can gain experience by watching and learning from the vets.

TT is doing it back asswards...

He must be out of his mind to start two rookie guards in the season opener against Chicago. No one does this in the NFL....because.....it's NOT a good idea.

Members online

Latest posts