Are we going to bring in a WR?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spardo - at this point, i'm not worried about having a great season...i just don't want favre getting killed out there!!

add another veteran WR & he'll at least have a decent receiver who's not getting double coverage & voila... favre's got a legitimate target.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver,Jennings,Ferguson...

at like week 4 last year, it was Driver and...Chatman....

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
driver will be double covered. jennings is a rookie & well fergie...is fergie!!

you said yourself you want another WR signed - what's the prob bob?? :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jennings is a rookie....

when did rookie become synonymous with 'bad?' oh yeah, pyle.

no prob, I DO want someone brought in, but any WR we bring in will be the 4th\5th spot, not 2 or 3. And if people are expecting that...well...yeah.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh..you don't think Robinson or Warrwick could beat out Ferguson?

Get serious, son.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't recall saying jennings is a rookie AND he's bad. i think he's got a bright future & he seems to be full of potential. but clearly, as a rookie, he's at a disadvantage when it comes to dealing with veteran defenders.

lemme ask you...who do we go to if any ONE of the top 4 receivers goes down? and do you feel comfortable with that players ability to get open, stay open, & catch a ball??

not trying to be confrontational here - just really curious, trommykins. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i disagree. Javon had only 'potential' in his rookie year. he had a very 'average'(at best) rookie year, with 320 yards and 1 td.

Jennings has been producing since day 1 of camp(different from j-walk), through practices,scrimmages,preseason games,etc.

so...yeah.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any player that suits up with a GB Packers uniform is "good enough" according to Trom. I have learned that as long as it's a body that automatically makes them able to produce flawlessly.

I love Jennings but to expect him to not struggle is being unreasonable. He did drop ALOT of balls during pre-season but showed signs of being a legit NFL reciever. This is what you get witth rookies, inconsistency. I honestly don't like Jennings or Fergie as a number 2 at this point but it's all we have. Toss in the fact that behind then we have a guy who has absolutely ZERO experience. It looks similar to last year. One or two injuries and Brett will be throwing 30 Int's and taking the blame fot TT's inability to provide solid depth.

It was the same thing Trom tried to argue with the O-Line. He thinks because we have bodies in there that they are automatically capable and effective. We don't have the players at the starting positions to even sniff contention, and worse yet, if they get hurt we have NO depth at hardly any position outside of RB on Offense.

Now TT, will you please bring in a decent WR and not some 20 year old bargain guy you picked up at the local Taco Bell!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong again pyle. Havent you heard me talk about Ferguson.

wow....

Jennings will struggle at times, but it wont be a year of struggles(like javon). there will be SPOTS.

pyledriver80 said:
He thinks because we have bodies in there that they are automatically capable and effective.

Coming from the guy who wants to bring in linemen to START(as if there will be starters available out there. lol wow. or was that your lil buddy, tomallen?)

and dont tell people what I think, I'm here enough(obviously) to let my thoughts be known. I wont put up with that stupid ****, pyle. Oh, or are you trying to bait me? ur good. almost though!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'm on Pyle's side of this argument.

Did I really say that?

I think Warrick or Calico are better choices right now just for the idea that Krob faces disciplinary action from both the league and the law. Take into consideration the **** I would take from Viking fans, and my opinion is etched in stone!

As far as the whole baiting thing that has been going on, I've stayed away from it the last few days, even though I am as guilty as anyone in here for past offenses. But in my opinion, Pyle's signature that he has been sporting for a few weeks now is enough to get him a little time off for the baiting offense.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:

Did I really say that?

I think Warrick or Calico are better choices right now just for the idea that Krob faces disciplinary action from both the league and the law. Take into consideration the **** I would take from Viking fans, and my opinion is etched in stone!

As far as the whole baiting thing that has been going on, I've stayed away from it the last few days, even though I am as guilty as anyone in here for past offenses. But in my opinion, Pyle's signature that he has been sporting for a few weeks now is enough to get him a little time off for the baiting offense.

No, I won't take it down and AADP has asked me. It's something Trom said, wheres the baiting in that?

You see this is the kind of Childish stuff Trom does. He has done this on at least 4 occasions to myself. Packnic has my name in his Sig. The fact that he HATES it when people do it to him and whines about it will maybe teach him a lesson. When I get sick of it, I'll take it down.

Trom are you going to ever stop with the baiting stuff? Everytime someone posts something you try to convince the Mods that they are baiting. It's equivelant to yelling "Mommy, they are picking on me, make em stop"

It makes you look pretty silly when you do it in every post. Your whole goal is to try to get people with different opinions then you kicked off. It's the same thing you did with Pack66. Why you remain here is a mystery to many of us on here considering you were just as guilty as he was. I don't know if your life revolves around this site or what, but it sure looks like it does. If the Mods don't like what I have to say than they can Ban me. I think I will survive.

Grow Up already!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
But in my opinion, Pyle's signature that he has been sporting for a few weeks now is enough to get him a little time off for the baiting offense.

You'd think so, right?

Effective Immediately my ***. lol.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

Did I really say that?

No, I won't take it down and AADP has asked me. It's something Trom said, wheres the baiting in that?

You see this is the kind of Childish stuff Trom does. He has done this on at least 4 occasions to myself. Packnic has my name in his Sig. The fact that he HATES it when people do it to him and whines about it will maybe teach him a lesson. When I get sick of it, I'll take it down.

Trom are you going to ever stop with the baiting stuff? Everytime someone posts something you try to convince the Mods that they are baiting. It's equivelant to yelling "Mommy, they are picking on me, make em stop"

It makes you look pretty silly when you do it in every post. Your whole goal is to try to get people with different opinions then you kicked off. It's the same thing you did with Pack66. Why you remain here is a mystery to many of us on here considering you were just as guilty as he was. I don't know if your life revolves around this site or what, but it sure looks like it does. If the Mods don't like what I have to say than they can Ban me. I think I will survive.

Grow Up already!
You guys do what you want with that stuff, but if you ask me, you're all intelligent people above this petty crap! Talk to ya later Pyle, or argue, you know whichever. It's all good!

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DakotaT said:
But in my opinion, Pyle's signature that he has been sporting for a few weeks now is enough to get him a little time off for the baiting offense.

You'd think so, right?

Dakota.

They also said that you're not supposed to complain and say something is a "bait thread", which in and of itself, is a form of baiting.

That is the job of the moderators.

"This is getting God damned ridiculous.."
John Wayne

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what they say and what they do are two different things, which is evident by Pyles sig.

4 days left.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
tromadz said:
DakotaT said:

You'd think so, right?

Dakota.

They also said that you're not supposed to complain and say something is a "bait thread", which in and of itself, is a form of baiting.

That is the job of the moderators.

"This is getting God damned ridiculous.."
John Wayne

It is noted and I am officially off the subject! I'll get back to you guys tonight!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:

Did I really say that?

Grow Up already!

ewww tough guy :roll:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts