Are the Vikings cursed?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
First, I never said Rodgers was not good. I said if enough QB's decide not to play Josh Freeman could be pro bowler. And it's true. I also did not say Rodgers did not deserve to be there. I don't have the high respect for the pro-bowl these days as I did in the past. Years ago it really meant something and then they let the fans vote and it becomes a popularity contest.

I agree with you on respect for the pro bowl. They shouldn't even have the game. No one cares who plays....people only talk about who makes the team. They should just name an all-NFL team and leave it at that.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I would like to know how you know Greenway sucked his first year. You claim to watch Viking games. If true you would know that Greenway tore his ACL in the first pre-season game of his rookie year. So how is it that he sucked in a year he didn't play? And in his second year, his first after his ACL injury, he has 105 tackles but you say he missed a lot and improved some. So I get this right, Greenway sucks with 105 tackles and 2 Int's his first year playing, but Matthews is "Star" his first year with 51 tackles and 10 sacks. OK, I got it.

Percy is a more of a punt returner then a WR? Interesting, since he caught 60 passes this year and returned 0 punts. Rice was another player that had to deal with injuries his first two years. BTW Rice was better then Jennings this year. Lets see what next year brings. This year was the first full year that he was healthy. I thought you said you watched the Vikings.

As to the Pro bowl, if enough QB's decide not to play Josh Freeman could be one this year. And the injury wasn't about Rodgers, it was about who was going to replace him if he went down. Next your going to tell me that Flynn has HOF potential and he may be a pro bowler next year.
Okay joker, I'll bite. I did watch a lot of them (whenever GB wasn't on) and I watched them at my friend's place who is a Vike fan. First year playing he couldn't stand Greenway. I don't know if it was the first year back after the ACL or what. Tackles or no tackles, he missed a lot of plays. You can have Greenway, I'll take Matthews any day of the week. Oh, so I typed punt returner instead of KO returner... You are so cool - you can lay typo smack. He has a LONG way to go before he will be a pro-bowl level WR. He is a dangerous guy with the ball in his hands and I think he is going to be a hell of a player - if his aspirin work - but as of right now he is NOT in the league of WR of either of our top 2. Rice has done it 1 year - let's see does what next season. Again, our WR depth is much better than yours.

I don't know what to make of your pro bowl comment other than to say it makes you sound like a dunce. Rodgers set RECORDS for a second year starter. If you want to claim he isn't a legit top shelf QB, you have your head straight up your...

That's fine Raptorguy - you just keep on lovin' yer purple in a Packer forum. It will be fun to watch us hurdle you in the standings next year and it will be even more fun to watch several years after.

Bye now.... :viksux:

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Not trying to change the topic, but...

I have faith in Brady Quinn. If he has a decent coach who would at least let him develop... The kid was great at ND.

It will be interesting to see if Holmgren has any influence. One of the best QB coaches of all time - but as team President will he take an active role in this job?

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Holmgren has any influence. One of the best QB coaches of all time - but as team President will he take an active role in this job?
I think yes, and I think the WCO is the perfect fit for Quinn. I know Mangini stayed, but I believe it'll be in a much more limited role. For starters, MAngini was a DC in NE, so I honestly believe the WCO will be implemented in Cleveland, and the D will stay the 3-4.

dewitt60

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holgrem and Favre came together in some mystical football world. They were joined at the hip in a love hate relationship that rewarded both. Niether have had that level of success since. I think Holgrem was overated because he knew how to control Favre. He failed in Seattle and he will fail for the Browns unless Quinn over preforms.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, he's a Pro bowler. Be careful how much you knock on him. (And it's Derek, not Brady)
It's also Brady Quinn and not Derek Quinn.

And if it's an attempt to knock on Rodgers saying that even Derek Anderson has been to the pro bowl, you compare one good season of his with two spetacular seasons of Rodgers. The first he should've been indulged to the pro bowl ahead the likes of Favre and Cutler, and if the system was the same (1/3 fans, 1/3 players 1/3 coaches) , and not just a popularity contest, he would've

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score

And if it's an attempt to knock on Rodgers saying that even Derek Anderson has been to the pro bowl, you compare one good season of his with two spetacular seasons of Rodgers. The first he should've been indulged to the pro bowl ahead the likes of Favre and Cutler, and if the system was the same (1/3 fans, 1/3 players 1/3 coaches) , and not just a popularity contest, he would've

I have a hard time getting how people want to cut on Rodgers. How many QBs have won super bowls in their first or second year starting? Hell, how many QBs have won super bowls? For anyone who watches the game with an ounce of knowledge and without an agenda, it is obvious Rodgers is one of the best QBs in the league already and still with a bunch of upside. He has ONE weakness, IMO, and that is holding the ball too long on occasion. IMO that is part on the HC for the scheme he wants to run. AR will get better and when he is at the top of his game it will be a sight to see.

Only someone with a twisted agenda would try to diminish what AR brings to the table and what he has accomplished in 2 short years. How many years did it take for Manning to win a SB? I think it took Montana 4 and his teams were stacked. How many did it take Marino?? Oh yeah...

How many years did it take Favre and how many has he managed to lead his team to?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Derek Quinn was a joke because they can't decide which one they want to start, Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn. I went to Notre Dame.....I know who Brady Quinn is. Haha, poor attempt at humor. My bad.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only someone with a twisted agenda would try to diminish what AR brings to the table and what he has accomplished in 2 short years.

Derek Quinn was a joke because they can't decide which one they want to start, Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn. I went to Notre Dame.....I know who Brady Quinn is. Haha, poor attempt at humor. My bad.
I know. BTW, didn't attend it or anything, and am not a big college fan, but Go Fighting Irish! Lucky us that fat slob left south bend! How do you feel about Kelly???

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
First, I never said Rodgers was not good. I said if enough QB's decide not to play Josh Freeman could be pro bowler. And it's true. I also did not say Rodgers did not deserve to be there. I don't have the high respect for the pro-bowl these days as I did in the past. Years ago it really meant something and then they let the fans vote and it becomes a popularity contest.
For the record, I had no idea what the christ that "Nominate Post" button did, so I clicked it on this post just to see what it does.

Now I know.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Raptorman said:
First, I never said Rodgers was not good.
Yeah, sort of how I never said Greenway wasn't a good player (I think the word I used was 'nice'). I only said the wasn't IMO the player Matthews is. Weird how that works huh?

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson.lol Mcrib is going to vikings?it's official.no SB for the vikes as long as he's there.even with rosenfels and jackson no SB for the vikings.lol

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yeah, sort of how I never said Greenway wasn't a good player (I think the word I used was 'nice'). I only said the wasn't IMO the player Matthews is. Weird how that works huh?
I also think you said something about him "stepping on his own ****" for two years. Weird how that equates to "nice". But I think you did you "nice" in there somewhere.

But its all good. Just ragging on you.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I also think you said something about him "stepping on his own ****" for two years. Weird how that equates to "nice". But I think you did you "nice" in there somewhere.

But its all good. Just ragging on you.
Sorry dude - my point was pretty simple even if I didn't do the best job of making it. I remember Greenway starting slow. It wasn't all injury, he wasn't assignment sure. He's turned into a nice player. CMIII showed up at camp a monster as a rookie. He has football in his genes more than anyone I've ever heard of. He hasn't even scratched his potential yet. I have been a football fan over 30 years and I can say without the slightest hesitation that CMIII is the best Packer rookie defensive player I've ever seen.

I am not cutting on Greenway at all. He's a good player. I'd like to have him on my team. But IMO Matthews is a guy that for years is going to keep offensive coordinators awake at night. Greenway is a role player, Matthews is a major impact player.

If you think I am wrong about that, then I guess we'll just need to sit back and watch for a few years.

I am typically pretty level-headed when it comes to evaluating players - I'm not a green and gold goggle wearing gomer who thinks every Packer is an All-Pro. The first time I saw Greg Jennings practice I said he's going to be a star. The first time I saw Aaron Rodgers practice year 3 I knew the game slowed down for him and he was going to be special. There aren't that many players I have strong opinions about early on but when I see it I just see it. Now, the Packers haven't had a slew of defensive rookie studs over the period of time I mentioned but it wasn't exactly a waste land either. There was Ezra Johnson, Mike Butler, Mike Hunt, Tim Lewis, LeRoy Butler, Bryce Paup, Wayne Simmons, Mike McKenzie and I am sure a few I am missing from off of the top of my head. IMO, CMIII has showed more than any of these guys as a rookie, and it really isn't even that close. The kid is truly special and we are lucky as hell that he lasted as long as he did in the draft and that Ted went and got him.

One last time, I think Greenway is a good player - but I think CMIII could end up being one of the best ever. If it is any consolation to you, I think Greenway ended up being a hell of a lot better player than the guy that went way higher than him that year to us at #5...