1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Are the Packers under the radar?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pat4DaPack, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Whenever I watch a sports show on TV, all they seem to talk about is the Eagles or Cowboys or even the Bears in the NFC.

Whenever they talk about QB's its always Brees, Newton, and Manning.

I feel like the Packers are a team that no one is talking about even though I think they are the best team in the league. I think this could be a good thing though. Just go out there, not a lot of hype, win games, and get GB another Super Bowl!

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Media tends to focus on the obnoxious, offensive, and controversial. We don't exactly give them much to talk about in those areas

3. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,973
    ESPN the mag picked them to go undefeated and to win the Super Bowl. I don't think that one is under the radar.

4. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,988
    They've all sucked on the Packer nipple the entire offseason. They are just looking for other teams to talk about right now. Remember, it's all about ratings so they try to talk about the other teams. They already know that nutty Packer fans are watching just to hear a tidbit about their team.

5. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    We are definitely not under the radar

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    No, but there are better storylines right now in camp with other teams. This team is rather boring at the moment for the media to pay attention

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    i love how ESPN always picks the cowboys as some superstar team AND THEY ALWAYS SUCK!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    If the Pack IS flying under the radar, that's just fine with me! I like to go into the season unassuming, and be able to surprise a few teams.
    Trapped

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,282
    Small market team who just happens to be very good and theres not alot of ways to get into trouble in Green Bay unless you are hunting out of season or a pulcher haha.

10. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Seems like the Packers are always somehow under the radar. Maybe it's just because they aren't covered 24/7 like the freaking New York Jets. Cannot believe how much press a 7-9 team is getting!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    We are too business as usual. They want headlines and ratings and jock shock. That is why the eastern media focuses on Tebow and Rex and Vick and the Saints down under. They have not paid much attention to us in the offseason since the Favre controversy. 3 Vikings fly down to Kiln, MS. What a story!

12. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +50
    we are absolutely not under the radar, Aaron Rodgers is the BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE LEAGUE there is no way he can fly under the radar, every defense in the back of their mind when they face the Packers is oh boy Aaron Rodgers, and the receiving core we have Jennings, Nelson, Driver and young guy Cobb no one is over looking the Packers.

13. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    What Ivo said- Just not a ton of excitement or drama with this team right now. We don't make HUGE splashes in free agency, and we usually remain drama free, so there's no real big reason for us to get all kinds of media coverage come training camp and preseason.

But no, we're not under the radar at all. A 15-1 team doesn't fly under the radar.