Any superstitions pan out for you guys?

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I was watching the game, I had sent my nephews upstairs to watch cartoons and so the game was going great for us we were up 21-3 and then I remember both of them coming downstairs and Steelers scored. They eventually went back upstairs and we started making good plays and then they came back down and they stayed and it was horrible it was around the time of the phantom face mask and such. I sent them up again and then we ended up winning the game.

I also during the 2nd half would start tapping my right foot when we had the ball and we would make progress, if I didn't Nelson would drop passes.

Anyone else have any moments like this during the game?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The last time I washed the Clay Matthews shirt I wore was before the Giants game.

So, not washing that shirt for 6 or 7 weeks worked. :icon_lol:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've worn the same yellow shorts for the whole playoffs!!!!!

Can't remember if I wore it against both the Bears and the Giants in the regular season finale, but I think so.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I was watching the game, I had sent my nephews upstairs to watch cartoons and so the game was going great for us we were up 21-3 and then I remember both of them coming downstairs and Steelers scored. They eventually went back upstairs and we started making good plays and then they came back down and they stayed and it was horrible it was around the time of the phantom face mask and such. I sent them up again and then we ended up winning the game.

Anyone else have any moments like this during the game?
Yup.
Very similar to yours with my gf/partner only the opposite.
She leaves the room. Packers start to do lousy on O or D.
She comes back in. Packers do better and make a good play. Again, either on O or D.
I tried to encourage her not to leave the room. But she would anyway and the above would always (Or so it seemed) happen.

OP
OP
ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup.
Very similar to yours with my gf/partner only the opposite.
She leaves the room. Packers start to do lousy on O or D.
She comes back in. Packers do better and make a good play. Again, either on O or D.
I tried to encourage her not to leave the room. But she would anyway and the above would always (Or so it seemed) happen.
Maybe she knew and just wanted to make the game more "interesting"?

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not wearing ANY Packer shirts before the game, when I do they lose when I don't they win. I always wear my old high schools girls state basketball shirts.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blasting Domination by Pantera before each half!!! :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Been an every game tradition for the last 3 years and it finally paid off...

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gave my Girlfriend a Rodgers jersey for christmas. she's worn it for every game since (Giants to Super Bowl)

Also, in the same vein as your young nephews, i believe a similar superstition occurs with my brother. here's my theory and example.

When he's home and watching a game that i'm invested in, we almost always lose. NOTABLE and CREEPY examples:

World Juniors Hockey Tournament. Gold Medal game. Canada up 3-0 heading into the third period. Brother arrives at home, Russia scores first goal. Starts arguing with my parents, Russia scores second goal, comes down, comments on how great of a game it is, Russia scores third goal. Continues to watch rest of the game, Russia completes epic comeback 5-3

Flash forward to Super Bowl Sunday. Packers styling over Steelers throughout first half. My brother is at home, but sleeping. He wakes up around the start of the third quarter, comes down stairs, all of a sudden the steelers are close to tying. I get REALLY NERVOUS/ANXIOUS/ANGRY, superstition is confirmed. He leaves to watch the rest of game at friends house. Packers win Super Bowl.

I've also been making sure that i wear an even number of packer gear whenever i go out, and made sure to wear the same jersey/sweatshirt combo for the last 6 must win games.

I'm apparently superstitious as **** thanks to sports.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wore my Clay Matthews #52 blue throwback jersey for all four playoff games, also made sure to tweet a comment that I had a bad feeling about the game (reverse jinx) and still kept up my 2010 calendar.

OP
OP
ThorMatthews

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to mention I have two Packers Beanies and I never ever wear them during games anymore. We always lose when I put it on.

Packerken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a couple. Last shaved just before the Giants game. Also have worn the same Rodgers throw back jersey for that game and on. (I have a Finley and a Woodson as well). Stopped wearing the Finley when he went down, and then wore the Woodson during that NE game. When the streak started, I figured I'd just keep on keeping on. Not superstitious, but hey, they won!

So, question is, am I allowed to shave now? Or do I have to wait until they next lose? My wife has threatened to shave me in my sleep, so I know which way I'm leaning.

GrnNGldGrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all began last year when I attended the Monday night Ravens game @ Lambeau. That was the first time I heard the song, "I got a feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. And I said, "Hey, tonite IS a good night!" Then I went to Lambeau for the Bills game this year, and I heard that song, and we won! Then I heard that song on TV @ the Packers games, and we won. When I didn't hear it, we didn't win. Then, AGAIN, @ Lambeau at the Vikings game I heard it. Can you imagine my reaction, (though not really a fan of Black Eyed Peas) when I heard they were performing @ the Super Bowl?!? I knew right then, we were going, and we would win. I guess I don't have to elaborate on the outcome of THAT! Booyah...I had a feelin'....OOOOOooooo

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I haven't shaved or gotten a haircut for a long time, probably around 2 months. The Packers kept winning so I kept growing it out. Maybe I'll keep it going so we can repeat next year. By then I'll look like Forrest Gump when he's running across the country.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
So, question is, am I allowed to shave now? Or do I have to wait until they next lose? My wife has threatened to shave me in my sleep, so I know which way I'm leaning.

Possible labor issues on the horizon and your wife turning a razor on you in your sleep? Shave it off, less painful in the long run.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been having WisPride cheese spread on my crackers all year. I don't know if it means anything but I don't like to eat a lot during the games because of nerves. For the SB we had a party hear and I ate so I wouldn't offend the guests. Lots of Italians here and they get offended if you don't eat their food. We pretty much like to get together and eat and make more Italians.

Sadly this is the first game I haven't had my cat Jasmine on my lap, she passed at the end of January. I always considered her my good luck charm and I guess even in heaven, she still is!

One superstition I had was about her. She was born in 1996, the last SB year for the Packers. She died in 2011, a SB year for the Packers. That's what my heart was telling me was going to happen.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
absolutely, I brought my old craig newsome jersey out and forgot about it and left it sit on the chair before the week 17 game and refused to move it until they lost.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If were at my parents and my mom goes into the kitchen (just that room) the Packers always seem to have a big play or score.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts