Another Glowing Preview

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over on FoxSports, in the feature section of the NFL page (nope, I do not know how to link, and don't care to), noted football authority Adam Schein writes an excellent and perceptive article on why the Packers are destined to finish LAST IN THE DIVISION.

Well, it has been coming for years, but it is officially "**** on the Pack" time in the media.

The reasons stated are such that any astute 10 year old could muster...and have been beaten to death for the last 6 months.

Anyway, I like this....a pissed off and underestimated Packers team, and a Vikings' team with the pressure of the NFL world upon their shoulders. Hell, that group of Nancies flops when thing are going good and little is expected. I can only imagine how they will respond to all the pressure and expectations...... generally, I don't imagine them handling it well.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs....the problem is that none of these so called "journalists" are held accountable. When the Packers win the division at the end of the season, nobody will go after this guys job or even his credibility. These guys are all lemmings.....the popular or "****" pick is the vikings and lions for the division. F--- these tabloid writers!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Over on FoxSports, in the feature section of the NFL page (nope, I do not know how to link, and don't care to), noted football authority Adam Schein writes an excellent and perceptive article on why the Packers are destined to finish LAST IN THE DIVISION.

Well, it has been coming for years, but it is officially "**** on the Pack" time in the media.

The reasons stated are such that any astute 10 year old could muster...and have been beaten to death for the last 6 months.

Anyway, I like this....a pissed off and underestimated Packers team, and a Vikings' team with the pressure of the NFL world upon their shoulders. Hell, that group of Nancies flops when thing are going good and little is expected. I can only imagine how they will respond to all the pressure and expectations...... generally, I don't imagine them handling it well.
Here, here - the Viking choke machine will be in full swing as the spotlight smacks right on 'em.... Didn't Culpepper go blind during the playoff game against the Eagles.... Yes, he did. Is Culpepper a better, or equal on par, QB.... to Donovan McNabb (of today)...? Back when Donovan had that fiasco with Rush Limbaugh, I would have said that Culpepper was the better QB.. and today, I think they're both on par with each other.... (Rush's comments taken out of text as they were - actually caused Donovan to privately address the tacticals of his playing on into that Season and I'll argue that with anyone) ......It's just that Andy Reid is a better HC than you-know-who.... no argument there... (Yes, I sell my SuperBowl tickets at Scalper's pricess...yuk, yuk)

(Rant, rant, rant ---- ) :eek:fftopic:

Be it sufficient to say that the Press has had it out for the Packers for a long, long time... REASONING? - That's easy... the MSM Press, even in Sports Circles.... is still smitten (like it or not) with a certain premeditated agenda... and having a Team that sells Stock to its fans is..... JUST NOT RIGHT..... HOW DARE THEY IMITATE THE CONSTITUTION of these United States.. for cry iy iy.... (Sorry, my :soapbox: is out in the open for a minute there... just so everyone knows, I'm a conservative and I'll leave ya to your own worries....)

SO - How many years is it now that the Press has been PUSHING the BRETT FAVRE RETIRE conversation?
How many times during a game have you heard the Announcers give credibility to the OTHER TEAM for almost no good reason other than they were playing the Packers.... when at any other time, that Team was considered to "stink to high heaven".... eh? Do you sense a certain pre-scheduled "political correctness"..? - Course you do...

Why on heaven's green earth would a Team go and decide to incorporate their fans into the idea of the T-E-A-M...? Geeeesh! Who do they think they are? MY GOD!

WE'RE PACKER FANS AND DAMN PROUD OF IT -- SCREW THE OTHERS!
THERE'S A REASON WHY OUR SEASON TICKET PACKAGE REQUESTS ARE TO THE TUNE OVER ALMOST 75,000, when no other Team comes close to matching such success.... Green Bay itself is one of "the" most successful Cities in America when it comes to Tourism revenues as well. Ya think we might be onto something... you damn skippy, we are!

Without the Fans volunteered allegiance.... {which is (for us) without drinking the kool-aid as it were} .... NO Sports Team would see success... It'd just be another small town high school friday night and you guys know that...

It's the Press which has lost its way as far as Sports is concerned (other categories apply, too, ...but we're a Sports Forum...) It really is just that simple - and remember one thing... Reporters on the TV or on Radio, as well for the most part, are simply hacks who do and read what they're told to do and read.... Puppet is the word that comes to mind.... Reality is a concept they're not allowed to consider unless we leave absolutely no room for doubt.

You'll never get me to be a fan of any other Team as long as they use the King Jerry Jones approach.. I'm no subject to the Crown, as it were, in any lifetime.... screw em....! Let them guys have an empty royal court....

Okay - I'm done rantin' now... have at it!

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep.....gotta agree DePack. One big circle-jerk for the Queens. And yes, it was Mark Tain that said that, NC.

Living in the Twin Shitties, I can report that the Queens O-Line looks horrible, and their best lineman, Matt Birk, is going to have to play with hip issues or have season (possibly career) ending surgery. The first round pick does everything well but catch the ball. Yep....the mark of a champion.

This is why we play the games, and I look forward to seing Dahren Sharpier eating elbows and air in his battles against the team he has been mouthing off on for the last 4 months. He says he know Favre and that is to his advantage. Well, Favre (and the entire team) know Sharpier....look for Brett to make him pay for the unsolicited comments thrown his way, and watch Ahman in the open field level that mouth.

Dahren gets quiet when he gets hit, you know!!

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digs, I thought the Queens OL protected well in the first two preseason games, but opened no holes for any RBs. I also found it interesting that Sharper was in mid-season form, blowing coverages and missing tackles like it was week 8.

This division is going to be a lot closer than anyone thinks. The Queens may have the most talent on paper, though I'm not even convinced of that, but front runner is not a good role for them and they never seem to come up big when people expect them to win. Detroit has a good D and a lot of weapons on O, but they still have Joey Heatherton at QB. The Bears have a great D, but, like has been the case for as long as I can remember, no one at QB. Orton may be a player in the future, but I wouldn't want to pin my hopes on a rookie QB.

We have questions on the OL, though I've seen steady improvement and have confidence that Larry B will get it done by Week 1. No one is under any illusions that our D is going to be dominating, but we have athletes who hit on it for the first time in at least five years. The players are also in position to make plays and seem to have been taught how to tackle again (though this still can improve). The D has improved steadily and will continue to do so as the young players mature and as the vets learn the scheme. I honestly could see us going anywhere from 12-4 (though I think that's unlikely) to 8-8 (though I think that's unlikely as well).

With the way that Brett has looked in the pre-season, I'd say we'll win a couple of close games and finish 10-6 or 11-5 to clinch a 4th straight NFC North title. The Queens will finish 10-6 or 9-7 and take a wild card. The Lions could go 6-10 or could go 10-6 if Joey matures, so I'm going to split the difference and predict 8-8 for them. The Bears are in for another losing season I think given their deficiencies at QB. I say they finish 7-9 or 6-10 because that D will win them a few games (though none against the Packers).

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the article in question.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4803480

the gentleman's email addy :mrgreen:

[email protected]

Adam was relentless. it almost sounds like there was some disdain for the franchise...took some shots at Favre as well. then he big upped Joey for his outstanding pre-season performance!! what? genius! ******.

digsthepack said:
(nope, I do not know how to link, and don't care to)

digs-

all you have to do is copy and paste the link...the forum will highlight it for you. you dont actually have to do anything. :wink:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their "research" is reading what other people worte months ago before the draft.

Who without seeing it would say a 7th round rookie could adequately replace Rivera??

Who would say that rookies are contributing significantly to the improved play of secondary?

Who would think that "senior citizen rag arm" could actually up his game?

Many of these people do not believe what locals write because some (especially Viking idiots) believe their 7th round pick was the 7th best guy available in the whole draft.

Plus if you only read preseason scores......

Besides the Packer team has only one player.

If the Packers win the division they will write stories about the Viking's failure to live up to expectations. The Packers will have exceeded their expectations.

Failure to do their homework has caused society's respect for the media to plummet. This is just an example.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is a hack.

All he does is blast the Packers. Has he seen how our o-line has held up for Brett in the preseason, Whitticker did an awsome job blocking for Brett. And im pretty sure Brett had alot of time if he went 9 out of 10 and 4 out of 6. This guy is stupid, sure we lost two of the best guards in the league but does he not know that guards are the easiest posistion to replace? He doesnt even mention how well Whitticker and Herrion are playing. Yet after saying all of this bull**** he doesnt mention how good the play of Collins or Manning or Whitticker or Montgomery or Hawkins is or how Hunt is actually trying and especially Roman who is impressing the coaches so far.

This guy must be a Biqueen fan.

packfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah have u guys seen the power rankings from Fox Sports? Green Bay ranked 24th and the guy goes on to comment:

How the once mighty have fallen. It's easy to second-guess dropping a team so low with Brett Favre on the roster, but the signs are not positive in Cheesehead Country. Favre is still Favre, and there are no lingering feelings from Javon Walker's threatened holdout this summer. But RB Ahman Green may be on the verge of breaking down and the defense is porous at best. Scary thought: Where would the Pack be if
Favre (gasp) actually got hurt this season?

You have to look at the teams ranked ahead of us, Detroit, Dallas, Arizona, New Orleans. Just too name a few.

Here's the link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4802386

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
As many say, that is why they play the games, paper tigers make good writing material. Once they strap them up, we will see how the "experts" do.

I would put us 10 - 15 until we prove otherwise. D is still a question, our offense will win us 6-8 games by itself.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
digs....the problem is that none of these so called "journalists" are held accountable. When the Packers win the division at the end of the season, nobody will go after this guys job or even his credibility. These guys are all lemmings.....the popular or "****" pick is the vikings and lions for the division. F--- these tabloid writers!

DePack, don't be so ******* these writers. ALot of the posters here depend on them for their opinions. Haven't you been reading the posts? Thomas beat out Carrol at CB already, they read it in the paper it has to be true. Sherman the GM has had terrible drafts, it was in the paper it has to be true. DePack quit writing the truth - you might be run out of here on a rail.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if these are the same reporters who gave us a failing grade after our draft which I don't have any complaints about?

Members online

Latest posts