another eagles fan here... no trouble

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey packer fans congratulations on making the playoffs. I saw a couple of myths i wanted to dispel. There is one thread about Vick getting benched that was bogus and it was an attention seeking report by some moron so vick's not getting benched. Second, I saw someone else say they were worried about our defense..... why? anyway.. the offensive skill positions are very even with jackson maclin jennings and driver. we have a better RB but your o-line is much better than ours. Anyway this the packers game to lose because as long as Rodgers stays away from Samuel like he did Revis you win because our o-line can't protect vick and for some reason andy reid decided over the last 10 years it wasn't important to install hot routes. So you guys will just blitz Woodson and Matthews off the edge right next to each other and kill us. Vick is every bit as advertised but our offensive line is horrible especially the right side. Anyway all of our fans expect us to lose to you guys. Good luck and go eagles. i'm interested to see what you guys think.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I honestly don't know much about the Eagles so It's really interesting to hear what Eagle's fans have to say about the match up. Thanks for posting.

Don't underestimate home field advantage. Remember how crappy GB started on the road last year in phoenix. Rodgers throws a pick off the bat, and then DD fumbles on the next drive. Ugh... This game is gonna be a battle whoever wins and should be exciting as hell. I know I won't drink 3 cups of coffee before this game like I did before the Bears last week. Thought I was about to have a heart attack. LOL This Sunday it will be worse.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey packer fans congratulations on making the playoffs. I saw a couple of myths i wanted to dispel. There is one thread about Vick getting benched that was bogus and it was an attention seeking report by some moron so vick's not getting benched. Second, I saw someone else say they were worried about our defense..... why? anyway.. the offensive skill positions are very even with jackson maclin jennings and driver. we have a better RB but your o-line is much better than ours. Anyway this the packers game to lose because as long as Rodgers stays away from Samuel like he did Revis you win because our o-line can't protect vick and for some reason andy reid decided over the last 10 years it wasn't important to install hot routes. So you guys will just blitz Woodson and Matthews off the edge right next to each other and kill us. Vick is every bit as advertised but our offensive line is horrible especially the right side. Anyway all of our fans expect us to lose to you guys. Good luck and go eagles. i'm interested to see what you guys think.

got a nice chuckle out of the bolded.

but just like about every other Packer fan i am pretty damn nervous about facing Vick. Maybe its because of the Lambeau beatdown he gave us that one playoff game.

Also as just about everyone has pointed out, Rodgers and the offense has a pretty good opportunity to put up alot of points.

The D absolutely needs to get pressure on Vick. When the pressure and hits start coming he tends to make poorer decisions. I definitely think our D is capable of masking the blitz and confusing him. but still his versatility and scrambling ability will have me worrying throughout the game.

As Murgen pointed out, don't downplay homefield advantage. Your building is an intimidating one, and that place will be rocking. i believe the Packers are 0-2 all time in philly during the postseason, and i have nothing but bad memories from the last time...4th and 26...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've watched several Eagles games this season, and both OLines are equally crappy, if anything Eagles is slightly better as far as pass protection goes.. but you definitely have the advantage in the run-blocking aspect. Or maybe we are just both more critical of our own teams to see the other teams faults as much. If both lines hold up though, we're in for another GB-AZ doozy circa Jan 2010.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
After that phoenix debacle. I'm never going out and saying we will dominate a playoff game again. Home field advanatge is big in the playoffs. Can make good teams stressed and look bad (at least at the beginning of the game)

Drew, I hope you started your Prayers! LOL

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i believe the Packers are 0-2 all time in philly during the postseason, and i have nothing but bad memories from the last time...4th and 26...

That 4th and 26 completion for me is by far the worst memory in Packer history. I STILL talk about that friggin play!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That 4th and 26 completion for me is by far the worst memory in Packer history. I STILL talk about that friggin play!

4th and 26 was embarrassing. But, you could say, we didn't deserve to win giving up 26 yards. And it's in their house so weird home field etc.

That Farve pick against the Giants was crushing. To lose that way at Lambeau after such a hard fought game. Wow. Crushing end to the Farve era in GB. Looking back, good riddance to him.

OP
OP
E

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if it is the Eagles oline. Maybe he just get sacked to much because he runs around all the time.

no it's the eagles o-line. it's awful. our center got hurt in the 1st quarter against you guys and has been out for the year. Jason Peters is the offensive lineman version of albert haynesworth and the rest of our line is crap. The reason we elected to start vick is that we felt behind this o-line kolb would die. thankfully since clay matthews destroyed kolb vick has been everything we could ask. he's probably not quite as good as Rodgers passing the ball in fact he's no where near it yet but Vick is almost in a sort of second rookie season. He's about as good as Rodgers was two years ago.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad to see another eagles fan on the forum, welcome. Big brian weapon x Dawkins fan.

If Vick plays lights out no team can beat him. Jackson is the one I worry about. 1 special teams play could blow the game for us.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Dawkins killed us in 2004. His one-on-one tackle on Ahman Green right before half cost us 7 huge points.
His overtime Int of Benedict (was easy though) ultimately killed us.

F**** Freddie Mitchell... the only catch practically in the bum's whole career. Just like Eric Gulliford only caught one pass in his life.

I like our chances if the refs mistakes are even at least, or of course in our favor.
But it might be another edge-of-seat, high-blood pressure gut-wrencher!

dawhole9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah if your oline is worse that the packers you are in BIG trouble lol
We have the worst Oline in the league. We only have two of our starters,Our center is a 3rd stringer, and our RT are back ups they suck. Theyre gonna get Vick killed. Vick was not out their running to be running against the Vikes, he was running for his life.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The more and more I think about it. I'm not so much worried about our ability to get to Vick, I'm worried about our ability to tackle him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sup Eagles fan!!! I'm a Philly cat myself but I am all for the Packers. Once you go Pack, you never go back!!! It's nice to see some decent Eagles fans on here. Welcome, it's gonna be a good game!!! If Vick and your O-Line are in top form, it's gonna be close. Fear the Packers D, though. Aaron and the Pack's O-Line have been just wonderful, Eagles D is gonna have to be on.

Is it wrong of me to want my Packers to smash my old team? This game has some very special meaning for me.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brian Dawkins killed us in 2004. His one-on-one tackle on Ahman Green right before half cost us 7 huge points.
His overtime Int of Benedict (was easy though) ultimately killed us.

F**** Freddie Mitchell... the only catch practically in the bum's whole career. Just like Eric Gulliford only caught one pass in his life.

I like our chances if the refs mistakes are even at least, or of course in our favor.
But it might be another edge-of-seat, high-blood pressure gut-wrencher!
Thumbs up for the overall look, Frank.
Just... It's just fantastic.

And the hate. Oh the hate flowing...

Revenge for 4th and 26. Revenge for Vick with Atlanta in the playoffs as well. There's always room for more hate and revenge.

OP
OP
E

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sup Eagles fan!!! I'm a Philly cat myself but I am all for the Packers. Once you go Pack, you never go back!!! It's nice to see some decent Eagles fans on here. Welcome, it's gonna be a good game!!! If Vick and your O-Line are in top form, it's gonna be close. Fear the Packers D, though. Aaron and the Pack's O-Line have been just wonderful, Eagles D is gonna have to be on.

Is it wrong of me to want my Packers to smash my old team? This game has some very special meaning for me.

lol since you're from philly you know it's like getting a sex change (in terms of the treatment and stares you get) to change your favorite team? how'd that happen and yeah enjoy the game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol since you're from philly you know it's like getting a sex change (in terms of the treatment and stares you get) to change your favorite team? how'd that happen and yeah enjoy the game.

Reggie White did it! When he got traded to the Packers, I followed and fell in love with them. I remained an Eagles fan until game one of this year. Something just snapped in me when I saw him play QB when Kolb went down. Ironically, ti was the Packers who were responsible for that!

Good luck to your Eagles, I can't bite a nice Eagles fan, we need more of you!!!! LOL!

I don't really wear my gear around Philly very much anymore. I've had am very tempted to wear my gear like a flag of honor if the Packers win. So if you see a tall, slender girl with raven black hair running around the streets of philly decked in Packer gear, you know I'm being naughty! ;)

OP
OP
E

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White did it! When he got traded to the Packers, I followed and fell in love with them. I remained an Eagles fan until game one of this year. Something just snapped in me when I saw him play QB when Kolb went down. Ironically, ti was the Packers who were responsible for that!

Good luck to your Eagles, I can't bite a nice Eagles fan, we need more of you!!!! LOL!

I don't really wear my gear around Philly very much anymore. I've had am very tempted to wear my gear like a flag of honor if the Packers win. So if you see a tall, slender girl with raven black hair running around the streets of philly decked in Packer gear, you know I'm being naughty! ;)

most of us aren't nice but most of us ARE harmless you're from around here you know that. The difference is places like Green Bay are small towns and it's like a family atmosphere at a game and you all know each other except for the tourists and you guys are great fans. On the East Coast life is really really tough and fast so people really put a lot of their emotion in football and combined with alcohol and constant losing like we've had in philly = lookout.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
most of us aren't nice but most of us ARE harmless you're from around here you know that. The difference is places like Green Bay are small towns and it's like a family atmosphere at a game and you all know each other except for the tourists and you guys are great fans. On the East Coast life is really really tough and fast so people really put a lot of their emotion in football and combined with alcohol and constant losing like we've had in philly = lookout.

Things are a lot better in Philly in regards to wearing other teams gear. My incidents happened around 8 -10 years ago. Mostly it's just harmless stuff like people saying "Packer suck" or giving me dirty looks. I used to respond by blowing them kisses and giving them cute eyes. In the mid 90's I saw a Cowboys fan wearing Irvin jersey get jumped on Market street. The worst thing that happened to me is somebody threatened to bust a cap in my *** for wearing a Packers tee. I think the guy wasn't being serious but it spooked me. I made the mistake of telling my Mom and she got right on the phone and called mu Uncle. I don't know if you know Italian families very well but if you do, you can imagine a scene like something out of The Sopranos. I was pretty much ordered NOT to wear any Packer gear outside of the house. In recent years I have noticed a lot more people wearing their gear in Philly: Giants. Cowboys, Skins....

The trouble I have now is with my family itself. They rip me for supporting the Packers and going against the Eagles. I'm actually not allowed over my Uncle's this Sunday, they think it will jinx the Eagles. LOL

Say what you will about me being a Packers fan in Philly, but I love Philly and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Those streets are my blood to me, this is my home. I remain a very big fan of the Flyers and Phillies.I just fell out of the Eagles nest and into Packer land.