Anders Carlson

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer he learn how to kick for some other team.

This guy is going to burn the Packers in 2023.
LOL...if our rookie kicker is the sole reason for us "burning" I'll chalk that up as a heck of a good year then.

2023 is the perfect year for a rookie kicker to happen. Anders has a BOOOOT and I expect he'll struggle some like Crosby did early in his career, but rather this happen now rather than in a year where we are expected to be a serious threat.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anders brother was drafted early by the Vikings, they gave up on him early and he's now one of the best kickers in the league for the Raiders. Bisaccia made him that guy, it took time. We have time to let him develop his leg. He may blow some games but whatever. It's not how he looks now, it's how he'll look in the next couple years.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anders brother was drafted early by the Vikings, they gave up on him early and he's now one of the best kickers in the league for the Raiders. Bisaccia made him that guy, it took time. We have time to let him develop his leg. He may blow some games but whatever. It's not how he looks now, it's how he'll look in the next couple years.
Good point.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Exactly.

This was a good time to move on from Mason. I could be wrong about Anders, but I think this guy could be as good, if not better than his brother.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly.

This was a good time to move on from Mason. I could be wrong about Anders, but I think this guy could be as good, if not better than his brother.
The timing was right for the change. If had as much to do with money as anything else. But, it doesn't hurt that the kid can boom a football 15 yards further than Mason could.

He's going to be fine.

Reaction score
Just my guess. From what little I know so far I think Anders will be between 75-85% FGM in his rookie season, which is respectable for a Rookie with upside and nowhere near terrible to a point we’d be in dire straits.
Closer to 90% XPM % would be my guess.

It’s an area I can live with as he refines his craft imo. Particularly if he’s able to hit a half dozen from 50+ (only 12 Kickers did that in 2022) or if he hits a pair of 55-60 yarders etc..

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just my guess. From what little I know so far I think Anders will be between 75-85% FGM in his rookie season, which is respectable for a Rookie with upside and nowhere near terrible to a point we’d be in dire straits.

It’s an area I can live with as he refines his craft imo. Particularly if he’s able to hit a half dozen from 50+ (only 12 Kickers did that in 2022) or if he hits a pair of 55-60 yarders etc..

Pretty much my expectations as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Add to that, his kickoffs. This seemed to be a lot of fans bone of contention with Crosby. Anders shouldn't have many returned this season.

Reaction score
I hope it’s not too much to ask for, but I’d just really like to see our Kicker get off on the right foot :coffee:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta bump this for the rookie - impressive 52 yard fg in his first official game - it would have been good from 62 yards

*not an easy kick
So far so good. At least we haven't seen Lucy holding for him.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect Anders to have the same horrible game that his brother had (in the tie game against the Packers) but he will definitely struggle. Hopefully LaFleur and Gutekunst have the patience that Mike Zimmer lacked!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect Anders to have the same horrible game that his brother had (in the tie game against the Packers) but he will definitely struggle. Hopefully LaFleur and Gutekunst have the patience that Mike Zimmer lacked!
The Vikings were in a hit and miss situation. They knew they had to hit big that year. They picked up former Cowboy Dan Bailey. And he was not the same as he was in Dallas.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zimmer was a knee-jerk reaction head coach. He panicked and pressured GM Rick Spielman into making one of the worst blunders of their careers. It is a great lesson in why both coaches, GMs, and fans need to take a breath sometimes.

Now maybe Daniel Carlson needed a kick in the pants to propel him to greatness. We will never know. However, the Packers have already brought in kicking competition, which might be exactly what Anders Carlson needs to work out the kinks:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zimmer was a knee-jerk reaction head coach. He panicked and pressured GM Rick Spielman into making one of the worst blunders of their careers. It is a great lesson in why both coaches, GMs, and fans need to take a breath sometimes.

Now maybe Daniel Carlson needed a kick in the pants to propel him to greatness. We will never know. However, the Packers have already brought in kicking competition, which might be exactly what Anders Carlson needs to work out the kinks:
If I recall the media and fans in Minnesota were so angry at Carlson after that one game that Zimmer just gave in. Maybe it was because it was us that they played. At any rate a few years late Joseph missed an easy OT chip shot to beat Arizona in the and no one called for his head.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, just as many Packers fans were calling for Mason Crosby's head after his misses in that game too.

As a side note, Minnesota fans are always angry. It's because their teams routinely rip their hearts out year after year and they don't know how to just take it in stride.