Analysis on everyone else's picks

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions- I absolutely love Ebron, he was the last person I wanted Detroit to get because I wanted him! We don't have a single backer who can cover him. I expect a shoot out in both games and I Hope this pass rush is a factor. Great pick IMO and I'm speaking from a fan of football and not hating because I'm a Packers fan and they are the Lions like some of you will.

Vikings- Anthony Barr was one of my favorite defenders in the draft. He's a freak athlete and will bring athleticism to their defense which lacks it. I think he will have about 5 sacks but still be a bit raw in pass coverage . He could be very good in a couple yrs and reminds me of Kendrick's from Philadelphia who I wanted last year.

Bears- Wow Kyle fuller,,not taking Pryor or ha ha was just dumb, the only team in the nfl who's safeties were worse then ours. This pick was a head scratcher but made me happy at the same time.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
When we have a healthy Arod ...... NONE of the other NFC north teams scare me. I could care less who they pick up.
The vikes could pick up superman and Ironman and we would end up whoopin their butts. Lions don't scare me either, they beat themselves most of the time.....and the bears...lol....C'mon, they aint **** as long as they have Gay Cuntler at QB.

D

Deleted member 6794

When we have a healthy Arod ...... NONE of the other NFC north teams scare me. I could care less who they pick up.
The vikes could pick up superman and Ironman and we would end up whoopin their butts. Lions don't scare me either, they beat themselves most of the time.....and the bears...lol....C'mon, they aint **** as long as they have Gay Cuntler at QB.

The Lions have a lot of talent, if they´re capable of playing disciplined over an entire season they could challenge the Packers.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The Lions have a lot of talent, if they´re capable of playing disciplined over an entire season they could challenge the Packers.

And there is your key words. Stafford can throw for 5000+ yds, but he is a bone head at the same time. He reminds me of another certain gun slinger that made poor choices a LOT. Coaching and QB's have OWNED the lions over the past 2 decades.

D

Deleted member 6794

And there is your key words. Stafford can throw for 5000+ yds, but he is a bone head at the same time. He reminds me of another certain gun slinger that made poor choices a LOT. Coaching and QB's have OWNED the lions over the past 2 decades.

That´s true, but it´s possible Jim Caldwell will be able to turn that ship around.

D

Deleted member 6794

there needs to be a better icon for more laughable..... Jim caldwell turn them around....nice one. lol

Caldwell was 24-8 in the regular season with the Colts with Manning at QB, I think judging him because of the 2011 season isn´t an accurate assessment of his abilities.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That´s true, but it´s possible Jim Caldwell will be able to turn that ship around.
I think you're right about Caldwell - the Lions have needed discipline as long as Schwarz was coach. That said, it's a very hard job for a new head coach to turn that around on a dime. There are just a lot of bad characters on that team, along with a lot of talent. But talent takes you nowhere without discipline, as evidenced by the Lions' epic crash and burn at the end of last season. But teams can't double cover Megatron and Ebron. A lot of their success offensively this year will be a running game, and of course discipline. We''ll learn a lot in week 3.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really hard for me to consider the Lions a rival, despite being in the same division. Twenty years of not being a threat to Green Bay does that, and one playoff birth three seasons ago doesn't change that. They sure seemed liked a threat last season, but then did what they do best. Until proven otherwise, the Lions are still the Lions.

Anyway, as far as picks. I think Ebron is very good, but I'd take Rodgers and our offense to win in a shootout.

For the Bears, I'm glad they passed on Donald and Haha. To me, Donald will be one of the best guys from the first round and then passing on Haha allowed him to drop to us.

With the Vikings, Bridgewater could help then out in two season or so, but for now, we'll beat them based on QB play alone. Barr is a solid passrusher. He could help them out.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions imo made a mistake by not taking a player to fix that terrible secondary.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions imo made a mistake by not taking a player to fix that terrible secondary.
You're probably right. In the playoffs, defense wins games. The Packers have proven this - a world-class offense but they can't outshoot opponents without major improvement on D. Peppers and Clinton-Dix will help. Thank God the Bears didn't take a S. Maybe they think M.D. Jennings is the answer.

But back to the Lions, Ebron will take pressure off Megatron. Ya can't double team both guys. We'll see week 3.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're probably right. In the playoffs, defense wins games. The Packers have proven this - a world-class offense but they can't outshoot opponents without major improvement on D. Peppers and Clinton-Dix will help. Thank God the Bears didn't take a S. Maybe they think M.D. Jennings is the answer.

But back to the Lions, Ebron will take pressure off Megatron. Ya can't double team both guys. We'll see week 3.

I was surprised the Lions didn't draft a defensive back as well. While I expect Ebron to turn into a good TE it will be tough for him making an impact watching on the sideline.

I'm baffled the Bears didn't select a safety but glad we ended up with Clinton-Dix because of it. Good luck to them if they think the doctor is the answer.

I'm glad the Vikings didn't end up drafting Manziel. While I don 't think he will turn into a great NFL QB he would have probably played his best football vs. the Packers just like Kaepernick. Barr and Bridgewater are solid picks, nothing spectacular though.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Barr and Ebron are "athletic talent" guys more than "great football players". Ebron sounds a lot like young Finley; great athlete and matchup nightmare with mediocre hands and desire. The folks around him in detroit don't seem like the guys to make him really take his talent seriously. Barr may end up being amazing, but right now he's seems like a Bruce Irvin type athletic monster in shorts who is a one trick pass rushing pony on the field. I suspect we'll run at him regularly until he shows that he can set the edge.

Now Bridgewater....I think if he can sit for a year (or best case scenario for them, until they have a nice toasty dome for his little hands) then he may finally turn them around. On the other hand, he seems a lot like Ponder; great athlete but inaccurate with the ball. Still, some folks have been saying for months that he's the best player in the draft and they get him at 32. That could be a great move on their part.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Chicago and fans are calling up sports radio and HOWLING about not taking a safety. Conte and friends really killed them last year and they can't get the picture of Cobb running down the field for the win out of their poor little heads. They're seriously going nuts. Too bad for Fuller, as he seems like a good player.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lions will challenge us simply because they can do what we haven't been able to do...rush the passer. They didn't take a corner because the front four is good enough to help the secondary. There are some solid corners still on the board and I can see them taking Michael Jean baptiste if he's there in the second or Luchez Purifoy.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm baffled the Bears didn't select a safety but glad we ended up with Clinton-Dix because of it. Good luck to them if they think the doctor is the answer.

I thought I read that Fuller could project to Safety no?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lions will challenge us simply because they can do what we haven't been able to do...rush the passer. They didn't take a corner because the front four is good enough to help the secondary. There are some solid corners still on the board and I can see them taking Michael Jean baptiste if he's there in the second or Luchez Purifoy.

We were 8th in the NFL in sacks last year and the Lions were 28th. Sacks aren't the only indicator of a pass rush but I'm just saying.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions don't scare me either, they beat themselves most of the time.....and the bears...lol....C'mon, they aint **** as long as they have Gay Cuntler at QB.

"Not cool" says the poster with the homosexual innuendo as his avatar.

there needs to be a better icon for more laughable..... Jim caldwell turn them around....nice one. lol

I think Jim Caldwell's unblinking, lifeless sideline demeanor might actually be a good fit for the Lions. They have talent. They just need a steadying influence to get their **** organized, much like Rex Grossman is pictured, getting his **** organized in my avatar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly but if they were going to draft a corner just to play safety wouldn't it have made more sense to just draft a safety ? Pryor and HaHa both graded why higher than fuller did at that spot that's for sure. Even then you still had Varrett, Roby, and Dennard still on the board! I don't get it!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly but if they were going to draft a corner just to play safety wouldn't it have made more sense to just draft a safety ? Pryor and HaHa both graded why higher than fuller did at that spot that's for sure. Even then you still had Varrett, Roby, and Dennard still on the board! I don't get it!

Not necessarily. If they believe Fuller would be better at safety than the other two guys, it makes sense to pick the guy who they think will be better.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions- I absolutely love Ebron, he was the last person I wanted Detroit to get because I wanted him! We don't have a single backer who can cover him. I expect a shoot out in both games and I Hope this pass rush is a factor. Great pick IMO and I'm speaking from a fan of football and not hating because I'm a Packers fan and they are the Lions like some of you will.

Vikings- Anthony Barr was one of my favorite defenders in the draft. He's a freak athlete and will bring athleticism to their defense which lacks it. I think he will have about 5 sacks but still be a bit raw in pass coverage . He could be very good in a couple yrs and reminds me of Kendrick's from Philadelphia who I wanted last year.

Bears- Wow Kyle fuller,,not taking Pryor or ha ha was just dumb, the only team in the nfl who's safeties were worse then ours. This pick was a head scratcher but made me happy at the same time.

I think fuller was a great pick. He could transition to safety if needed. He, IMO, might be the most versatile DB in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's the point, varrett is too short, roby is a definite corner, Dennard too... Fuller reminds me of a nick Collins without as much safety experience coming out of college.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why does everyone say this? Does no one realize that here were only 7 teams in all of the NFL that had more sacks than the Packers last year? That was without a healthy Clay and an injury devastated defense.

The Packers rushing the QB is not a problem. The problem is no team will have pressure on the QB every single play and that is when your pass coverage has to show up and the Packers pass coverage is flocking horrible. So when the absolutely inevitable reality of no pressure happens, the Packers pass coverage is so bad that everyone thinks that the pass rush is the problem and it is not.

Bottom line is the pass coverage is the problem, not the pass rush.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does everyone say this? Does no one realize that here were only 7 teams in all of the NFL that had more sacks than the Packers last year? That was without a healthy Clay and an injury devastated defense.

The Packers rushing the QB is not a problem. The problem is no team will have pressure on the QB every single play and that is when your pass coverage has to show up and the Packers pass coverage is flocking horrible. So when the absolutely inevitable reality of no pressure happens, the Packers pass coverage is so bad that everyone thinks that the pass rush is the problem and it is not.

Bottom line is the pass coverage is the problem, not the pass rush.

I agree with you, but the pass rush could still have been better. An upgraded pass rush will ALWAYS help the secondary. Although the secondary was our issue last year. It was the safeties. If a CB loses trust in his back end coverage, they try to do too much and get beat with double moves and speed. If shields wasn't so fast, we would have probably had a top 20 pick in this years draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

The ranked 23rd in passing yards allowed last season, so I think they need some help in the secondary.

Members online

Latest posts