Amazing... A YOUNG, young man with class.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched an interview at the Superbowl with Vince Young.

I was blown away. I was blown away, and I am in the personal development industry, so I meet so many young well educated team and company leaders who have nothing on this kid.

Vince Young will be a force to be reckoned with in the NFL for a long time based on his skills but more importantly his attitude and respect.

The first person he thanked for winning the AP Rookie of the year award was Kerry Collins. That is so humble and team building. I could not have done it with out Kerry Collins helping me so much and my coach.

That says a great deal about having a vet Q.B. on the roster who is willing to help while "UNDER" a starting young Q.B. and something the Packers need to look at having if Brett Retires and A Rod gets his shot.

R.P.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. It'd be nice to have a "Jeff Garcia" type at back up for Rodgers. Someone who can show him the ropes, AND have the ability to take over if necessary.

It's nice to see a young player like Young who is a great player and humble as well.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i totally agree about the backup mentor role, look at Trent Difler with Alex Smith this year, Brees with Rivers last year. Ive read also that some believe Rex Grossmans inconsistency due to the fact that Bears never supplied him with a mentoring veteran QB to learn from.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grossman has Griese. But I'm not sure how much of a help Griese would be and he hasn't been there the whole time, so you've got a point.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Young will STAY that way. Some come in with a good attitude, and then change as they become "stars." Sounds though like he's well grounded.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously??? Well-grounded?? Have you ever seen any other VY interviews? The guys one of the most arrogant NFL rookies I've ever seen!

I don't care what he says when it's a month into the offseason, and he's receiving an award. To me, that's not really a huge opportunity to show 'character'. A good chance to do that was preseason, when he was giving interviews and looking like an arrogant chump.

I've heard this kid, and this type of statement from him is truly out of character. Trust me, he's been coached on what to say when receiving the award.

BOOOOOOO!!!! :tantrum:

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Seriously??? Well-grounded?? Have you ever seen any other VY interviews? The guys one of the most arrogant NFL rookies I've ever seen!

I don't care what he says when it's a month into the offseason, and he's receiving an award. To me, that's not really a huge opportunity to show 'character'. A good chance to do that was preseason, when he was giving interviews and looking like an arrogant chump.

I've heard this kid, and this type of statement from him is truly out of character. Trust me, he's been coached on what to say when receiving the award.

BOOOOOOO!!!! :tantrum:

Ive probably seen every major young interview this season and have no idea what you're talking about. If only Brett had the class to mentor rogers, instead of saying "Its not my job"

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not his job, fellow.....

His job is to be the starting QB of the GB Packers...and to whip the Bears...

If you had any sense you would realize that what the post is talking about is veteran BACKUP QB's mentoring young starters...

But of course you have no sense...you're a Bear's fan...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts