Alonzo Highsmith to join Dorsey in Cleveland

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/...t-office-exec-alonzo-highsmith-for-browns-job

I'm really big on Highsmith; he discovered Driver and Shields, he's from Florida, played for Miami, and is also an African-American who's been successful beyond the playing field in the League.

My biggest concern is what this really means for the future of the team in the front office. Anytime a person of his caliber is leaving a organization of our caliber for the Browns just rubs me the wrong way. Is he a casualty of TT's departure, or perhaps was he told that he wouldn't be GM himself? Any opinions?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest concern is what this really means for the future of the team in the front office. Anytime a person of his caliber is leaving a organization of our caliber for the Browns just rubs me the wrong way. Is he a casualty of TT's departure, or perhaps was he told that he wouldn't be GM himself? Any opinions?

Would like to see Chad Brinker step into that position.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/...t-office-exec-alonzo-highsmith-for-browns-job

I'm really big on Highsmith; he discovered Driver and Shields, he's from Florida, played for Miami, and is also an African-American who's been successful beyond the playing field in the League.

That's because you are looking at the Browns organization of the past. Guys like Dorsey and Highsmith don't care about what they did in the past all they care about is what they can do for the organization in the future. Frankly I'd be suspect of anyone who wouldn't think enough of himself to take on a challenge like that.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's because you are looking at the Browns organization of the past. Guys like Dorsey and Highsmith don't care about what they did in the past all they care about is what they can do for the organization in the future. Frankly I'd be suspect of anyone who wouldn't think enough of himself to take on a challenge like that.

I'll concede that. But even with the "dumpster fire" that is our franchise at the moment, who has a better shot at a Super Bowl Ring? I just feel that there's something underneath the surface here, Highsmith deserves to be an outright GM. But that's my opinion.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll concede that. But even with the "dumpster fire" that is our franchise at the moment, who has a better shot at a Super Bowl Ring? I just feel that there's something underneath the surface here, Highsmith deserves to be an outright GM. But that's my opinion.

If he had a shot at becoming GM here and still took a lesser position with Cleveland then yeah, I would wonder about that as well. If he wasn't really in the running he may be looking at the Cleveland job as a better career move.

Members online

No members online now.