Allow me to scare the H*LL out of everybody for a moment

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming Rodgers gets traded in 2021 we know Jordan Love is QB 1 that's a given because we have to know if he's the guy or not. But who's QB 2 with Boyle gone?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, my guess is that if that happens the 2 most likely candidates are Denver or Oakland so.. would probably get back Carr or Bridgewater which might even be the starter week 1 if Love needs to have more time.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur with @Firethorn1001 on the whom if it is Denver or Oakland.

I also believe of the present FA QBs Nick Mullen might make sense, Brett Hundley or even like a Robert Griffin type...there really isn't much in the FA market. Dalton or Foles type guys could become available since Fields is there now...I'd only add if cut obviously.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In light of everything that's going on, why is this in particular supposed to frighten me?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Having only 1 QB on our roster and said QB has yet to take a snap in the NFL

If they move on to Love, there's going to be a lot of trepidation regardless. The absence of a Tim Boyle isn't exactly moving the needle any further for me.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they move on to Love, there's going to be a lot of trepidation regardless. The absence of a Tim Boyle isn't exactly moving the needle any further for me.
Oh I'm fully aware. I've been scared like this since Rodgers took over but a lot of fans never considered the thought every year of him getting injured, traded, retiring early, etc. That has always been on my mind and I'm glad last year we at least had an "alleged" stud as an emergency backup plan. With that said, an alleged stud is a nobody and it will be terrifying to know that is our future if Rodgers isn't here. I'm still incredibly optimistic about Love, though

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having only 1 QB on our roster and said QB has yet to take a snap in the NFL

That doesn't really scare me as I am sure the situation will change by they time camp rolls around. Well, having Love as the starter might scare me a bit but as far as him being the only one, he won't be

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be really... REALLY... Nice to Andrew Luck.

For real though, whoever we trade him to I'd assume would toss us a QB back.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been scared like this since Rodgers took over
I prefer to not live my life scared. IT IS A GAME played for entertainment. I cheered during the goryyears. I don't expect a repeat of that.
I'd be really... REALLY... Nice to Andrew Luck.

For real though, whoever we trade him to I'd assume would toss us a QB back.
Mullen I thought of. Luck I hadn't. I don't want any has been and the associated cap hit sent back. Give me someone cheap also.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I think the bar for being scared is very high for those of us that lived through the 70s and 80s Packers and as Poppan San said "IT IS A GAME played for entertainment". To be honest I'm more curious than anything else to see how it plays out with a different QB. In some ways the 70s and 80s were easier as I had no expectations beyond hoping for a decent game and maybe a win every once in a while.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In some was the 70s and 80s were easier as I had no expectations beyond hoping for a decent game and maybe a win every once in a while.
I recall quite a few seasons where the Packers were still in the playoff hunt at Thanksgiving. That kept the season interesting. Then we waited for the implosion.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Cubs fan, this is all going to be fine and won't change my "fandom" one bit.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers were gone, the qb2 doesn’t scare me, it could be Mason Crosby for all intents and purposes, we’re not winning any meaningful games for a while anyway, hell bring on a better draft selection.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan Love is Gute's qb. With Rodgers gone play him the whole season. If he stinks, you have a big enough sample size to judge his ability and you get the benefit of getting a top draft pick to nab his successor. The back up qb isn't important unless Love is the real deal. RG3 would be my choice given the bare cupboard.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jordan Love is Gute's qb. With Rodgers gone play him the whole season. If he stinks, you have a big enough sample size to judge his ability and you get the benefit of getting a top draft pick to nab his successor. The back up qb isn't important unless Love is the real deal. RG3 would be my choice given the bare cupboard.

The Packers currently don't even have another quarterback on the roster aside of Rodgers and Love. They would definitely need to add at least another one if they decide to move on from Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts