All Sitton & Lang & OL threads merged

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to argue that he is, but there is zero doubt in my mind at this point it's a move that has worked out about as well as could be expected for us. I also do not think that at any point in this season that the problems with this team had anything to do with who was playing guard. Well other than the handful of plays Barclay saw the field at guard, but never have the offensive issues been because of the guard position.

I had hoped to get through the rest of this season without seeing the name "Barclay".
Thank you, Mondio.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[QUOTE="swhitset, post: 699019, member I won't even try and weigh the potential problems that the Packers brass apparently saw coming with his rumored dissatisfaction wth his impending contract negotiations.[/QUOTE]

I liked Sitton, always have, but if some of the rumors are true, then that's exactly the type of stuff that would have turned this team in a different direction when they were battling thru all that adversity. What shame that would have been

D

Deleted member 6794

What has been the progression of Spriggs/Murphy/Patrick/Barclay/Flores?

There's no way Barclay should be back next season.

And still we have people praying at Sitton's altar, as if he were so much better than Taylor. Taylor started all 16 games this season and so far as I'm aware never even missed a practice. Sitton only started 12 games this year and missed about half of the Bears' practices, and when did play he was O.K., but, nothing special (at a price to the Bears of $10 million guaranteed, plus salaries). But, somehow Sitton still can't be criticized by some folks. Amazing.

The move worked out decently for the Packers but there's absolutely no doubt Sitton is a better player than Taylor. PFF rated Sitton the eighth best guard this season with an overall grade of 85.7 (91.2 pass protection, 78.3 run blocking) while Taylor finished in 45th out of 76 qualifying guards at 71.6 (83.4 and 44.0).

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There's no way Barclay should be back next season.

The move worked out decently for the Packers but there's absolutely no doubt Sitton is a better player than Taylor. PFF rated Sitton the eighth best guard this season with an overall grade of 85.7 (91.2 pass protection, 78.3 run blocking) while Taylor finished in 45th out of 76 qualifying guards at 71.6 (83.4 and 44.0).
Lol, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice Barclay's name in that group of guards. Was expecting a more volatile reaction. People must be mellowing during the recent tablerun. :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice ------ name in that group of guards. Was expecting a more volatile reaction. People must be mellowing during the recent tablerun. :)
I had hoped to get through the rest of this season without seeing the name "-------".
Thank you, Mondio.

PackerDNA, Yesterday at 2:56 PMReport
#576+ QuoteReply

It's called avoidance, we just don't want to see it, hear it, speak it, type it. If we don't see it, it doesn't exist and then life is better :)

D

Deleted member 6794

Lol, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice Barclay's name in that group of guards. Was expecting a more volatile reaction. People must be mellowing during the recent tablerun. :)

Trust me, I thought about posting a more volatile reaction. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I just assumed that Barclay had his own thread but figured by the time I found it, he would be out of Green Bay.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Poppa......wouldn't you know it, I was the one who created the thread! LOL :eek:
Lol, all that aside, if Barclay is jettisoned during the off-season, I hope he catches on somewhere else and gets his skills and former movement back. I'm very appreciative of his pre-injury contributions. He really stepped up for us when Bulaga got hurt.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lol, all that aside, if Barclay is jettisoned during the off-season, I hope he catches on somewhere else and gets his skills and former movement back. I'm very appreciative of his pre-injury contributions. He really stepped up for us when Bulaga got hurt.

Agreed. Thanks Don.....now off to Cleveland you go......

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be fine with re-signing Lang, I wouldn't be surprised if he is either. i think Spriggs has stepped in nicely when called upon and improved. I like having him be first off the bench for this line for another year or so. The football Gods will create situations in which he'll be on the field soon enough anyway i'm sure. They always do. and I don't want Murphy or that other guy, B something or other, to be the 1st guy off the bench because we got rid of someone good on the offensive line.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....hate to say it but the injury to Lang and his reaction doesn't bode too well for him hitting the FA market for probably the last real decent money time possible. Could lead to a GB re-sign by him which depending on injury wouldn't be a bad thing...if right price which this may lead to.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Signing Lang should be a priority. He still has 2 to 3 good years in him and he is one of the few guys on the team that plays well with injuries. Lang is tough and that is important. In addition, Packets can't count on Treter to step into Lang's position because he's hurt all the time.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Lang will sign a one year prove it deal with us. But if its a bad break with ligament damage and stuff, he wont be available until pup comes off I bet. Good cheap midseason boost for GB, and a great opportunity to prove to the NFL that he is still worth a big contract.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Signing Lang should be a priority. He still has 2 to 3 good years in him and he is one of the few guys on the team that plays well with injuries. Lang is tough and that is important. In addition, Packets can't count on Treter to step into Lang's position because he's hurt all the time.

Okay first of all one cannot count on Tretter because like Barclay and Lang he is one of the OL that are not on the team after this season unless re-signed.

I am a fan of re-signing Lang, my mere point was this injury could play a LARGE factor in this though. I hope for his sake it isn't serious....selfishly for our sake I hope enough to warrant we sign him back cheaper LOL!

Re-sign or not still would love to get another good solid depth to potential starter in the draft this April.

Members online

No members online now.