All Sitton & Lang & OL threads merged

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where I watched the game today (in Houston), the Texans-Bears game was on right next to ours, so I got to see a lot of Sitton. I will tell you all, no ands ,if''s or buts, Sitton kicked *** today, including a couple of plays handling J.J. Watt.
TT and co. flat out across the board screwed the pooch on this one,

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted in this thread or not. Sounds like Sitton had not handled his lack of a new contract well at all. This doesnt change that they could have traded him sooner but gives another reason as to why he was moved.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bout-josh-sitton-becoming-locker-room-cancer/

If true, it puts a large piece into the puzzle of why he was cut. I think many of us guessed that this may have been the big missing piece and ultimately the last minute piece, the Packer organization wasn't willing to gamble on his negativity to potentially effect the rest of his teammates. My guess is that they were hoping to see an attitude shift before pulling the trigger and maybe one more event right before Saturdays cuts was the final nail.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nail that sticks up gets hammered down, in terms of Sitton.

I suspect that this thread would still be highly active had Lane Taylor not played well in his first game. We will see what happens against MN, and this thread might get some more traction, but so far so good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Lane Taylor playing well will make the Sitton decision more palatable for most, but I still wish it could have been made earlier to have allowed getting something in trade for Sitton.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Lane Taylor playing well will make the Sitton decision more palatable for most, but I still wish it could have been made earlier to have allowed getting something in trade for Sitton.
Wonder if the Browns would have traded the 76th pick to us for Sitton straight up? They had 3 picks in the 3rd round and a total of 13 I think.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If anything proves the coaches know what they are doing, it's this one.

People jumping off bridges cuz Sitton was cut, all the arm chair coaches have egg on faces

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guys that wanted Bak gone for cap savings are now likely singing a different tune.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where I watched the game today (in Houston), the Texans-Bears game was on right next to ours, so I got to see a lot of Sitton. I will tell you all, no ands ,if''s or buts, Sitton kicked *** today, including a couple of plays handling J.J. Watt.
TT and co. flat out across the board screwed the pooch on this one,

Jumped the gun on your conclusion there.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We talked about it during the Lions game. Lane Taylor hasn't been exceptional by any standard, but he sure has done the job all season. I'm still not sure if TT had his eyes closed and fingers crossed behind his back when he kicked Sitton out the door, but it worked. The OL has been pretty good yet again this year.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jumped the gun on your conclusion there.

No, not really. It was a screwed up move handled poorly across the board. Thompson doesn't get credit for being prescient on this just because it didn't turn out to be a disaster. And while Taylor hasn't been a disaster, he hasn't been special. or even as good as Sitton.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, not really. It was a screwed up move handled poorly across the board. Thompson doesn't get credit for being prescient on this just because it didn't turn out to be a disaster. And while Taylor hasn't been a disaster, he hasn't been special. or even as good as Sitton.

He's been more than good enough to justify the money saved.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never said the oline wasn't playing well. Thought we were talking about Taylor, and specifically Thompson's move that made him a starter.
But I guess that's debatable, too.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would argue that the situation wasn't handled poorly. I thought that by this point, we would have heard more details about the falling out. We haven't so nobody really understands the intricacies but it was still ugly.

Taylor has held his own for a first-year starter. I hope that he can make a leap going into his second year in that position.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would argue that the situation wasn't handled poorly. I thought that by this point, we would have heard more details about the falling out. We haven't so nobody really understands the intricacies but it was still ugly.

Taylor has held his own for a first-year starter. I hope that he can make a leap going into his second year in that position.
He was complaining in the locker room and wasn't shy about *****ing on play calls, or other players in abilities..and why he wasn't being signed.

Worried about him being a cancer

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Better in my mind to replace Sitton/Lang one year at a time as replacements develop into starter capabilities. Hopefully Lang's replacement is ready to move in next season. I'm still hoping that Tretter can be re-signed. I would imagine that Spriggs has the inside track to be the starting right guard next year.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe dead horse, but Spriggs wasn't drafted at a premium to be a guard, nor is he built like one. Bulaga is closest in size and, if they don't find a real guard, will probably move him inside with Spriggs in his spot.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe dead horse, but Spriggs wasn't drafted at a premium to be a guard, nor is he built like one. Bulaga is closest in size and, if they don't find a real guard, will probably move him inside with Spriggs in his spot.

I agree that Spriggs wasn´t drafted to play guard and doesn´t have the build to play the position consistently but in my opinion there´s no reason to move Bulaga inside as he´s currently one of the best right tackles in the league.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts