Ahmad Carroll

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
I will never understand all the hate many Packer fans have for Carroll. There are no statistical facts anyone can post that proves Ahmad Carroll isn't a capable starting CB in the NFL.

You're right and I'm not about to post a statistical fact because it goes against my beliefs :lol: but how about the fact that he gets penalized time and time again and then makes a play he's supposed to make and showboats drawing yet another penalty?...it gets old.

The guy has all the tools to be a good corner in this league but his immaturity is holding him back. Before anybody asks how I was when I was 23 or whatever, please don't. It doesn't matter because this is about Carroll and how he helps or doesn't help the Green Bay Packers win football games.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I judge players on a number of things(like you care) and one of them is the "who ****** up" statistic.

Whenever a play goes awry (big gain, penalty, missed tackle,etc) I go "who ****** up?" and when the replay comes up, I see who the culprit is. As far as getting burned\taunting while there is a live ball next to his feet\penalties goes...it always seemed to be AC. I dont just...not like him for no reason. neither do other folks. We didnt go "hmmm, who should I not like for no real reason...I know! Carroll!" No.

I do hope he improved on the field and mentally. Even when he made a good play last year(forced fumble) he would negate it by taunting sidelines, while teammates had to pick the ball up instead of him. That is unacceptable in college,high school, grade school, but apparently AC gets a pass? Why. This is the Packers. That shouldn't ride here.

rant.over.

edit-note: one of the big 'missed tackles' guys was mark roman, which is why i disliked him so very much.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I judge players on a number of things(like you care) and one of them is the "who f'd up" statistic.

Whenever a play goes awry (big gain, penalty, missed tackle,etc) I go "who f'd up?" and when the replay comes up, I see who the culprit is. As far as getting burned\taunting while there is a live ball next to his feet\penalties goes...it always seemed to be AC. I dont just...not like him for no reason. neither do other folks. We didnt go "hmmm, who should I not like for no real reason...I know! Carroll!" No.

I do hope he improved on the field and mentally. Even when he made a good play last year(forced fumble) he would negate it by taunting sidelines, while teammates had to pick the ball up instead of him. That is unacceptable in college,high school, grade school, but apparently AC gets a pass? Why. This is the Packers. That shouldn't ride here.

rant.over.

edit-note: one of the big 'missed tackles' guys was mark roman, which is why i disliked him so very much.

The nature of the CB positions have a lot of failures that go with it considering every single starting QB in the league completes the majority of their passes . And considering 300 yard passing games and 100 yard receiving games are quite common place in the NFL you might be spending way to much time trying to figure out who f'ed up rather than enjoying the game.

There were definitely worse starting CB's in the league than Carroll.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every now and then, I hear sports talk shows mentioning how an athlete finally gets it, or the light switch turns on, whatever...I'm hoping this is the season that Carroll comes into his own and plays up to his potential. I don't think many on this forum or anywhere else can deny that #28 has a lot of physical tools to work with but needs to trust his skills more and hold onto receivers less.

Oh, yeah..he could talk a lot less too. :D

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I want to see is Ahmad moving a little out of the dark corner and shed just a little light on himself...it doesn't have to be that much just a little to show he can do it

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll get plenty of opportunities that's for sure!!! Where do you think opposing quarterbacks are going to want to go with the football? Let's see...Al Harris..mmm...no....Charles Woodson...mmm..no. How about the walking, talking, penalty-waiting-to-happen Ahmad Carroll? Yep, that would be it.

Seriously though...I think the kid has the skills to produce on the field if he gets his mind right and trust his instincts more. Adding another veteran CB was the best thing for him IMO....if nothing else, it should have humbled him a bit.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Let's see...Al Harris..mmm...no....Charles Woodson...mmm..no. How about the walking, talking, penalty-waiting-to-happen Ahmad Carroll? Yep, that would be it.

:lol: :lol: I got a kick out of that

but yeah I'm sure Ahmad knows what the circumstances are and I'm sure (or I hope) he'll play his little heart out and do some good for the team

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
good Lord - are you tryin to give trom a heart attack??? LOL!!

sounds like his mouth is still running...maybe he can back it up this year?!

yeah thats the big question i got. can he??

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope so. Like I said earlier, he's going to see a lot of action this year in medium to long yardage situations. Teams aren't going to want to test Woodson or Harris this season.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and thats true but you know Woodsen and Harris will get throws Ahmad will get some everyone will carry there own weight

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know they'll get action. I'm just saying that teams will find a way to pick on Carroll in particular until he shows he is solid. It's pretty much what's been happening against the Packers the last 2 seasons. Harris can take away only part of the football field as a shutdown corner...he can't do it alone.

Now that Woodson is in Green and Gold, someone else (Carroll) will need to step up big time and I think he just might.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts