Ahmad Carrol practicing with boxing gloves...

v00d00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was listening to the "Jim Rome" show today, and they broke out the Packer news with Ahmad Carrol practicing with boxing gloves on in an effort to keep him from grabbing the recievers so much.

I just thought it would be funny if they could make him wear the gloves during the game, and then if he got beat by a reciever, he could just jab the crap out the guy.... :roll:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might not be a bad way to try to get him to break a habit. I thought there were a couple of times where Carroll had decent position and was running with the receiver, but grabbed the guy anyway. If this can help him break the habit I'm all for it.

smashmouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AZ Pack fan,

I need some info.... I will be attending a convention of sorts in Scottsdale in April... Tell me about the Westin Kierland Resort.. If you can. Golf and amenities????

Ya Ya I know, I looked at their site but sometimes its good to hear form someone who would know.

Smash

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smashmouth said:
AZ Pack fan,

I need some info.... I will be attending a convention of sorts in Scottsdale in April... Tell me about the Westin Kierland Resort.. If you can. Golf and amenities????

Ya Ya I know, I looked at their site but sometimes its good to hear form someone who would know.

Smash

I can't help you too much. I've never been there. I've been to the Camelback and Phoenician resorts down here, but never to the Westin Kierland. I heard it was impressive though. I heard it had a nice golf course too, but I've never been there as the rates are out of my league for a hacker like me.

I golfed at the TPC in Scottsdale a few times when they had specials going on. That's a nice course too. The TPC has 2 courses, and they have the Phoenix Open there during the Super Bowl weekend. They changed the name of the tournament, but it's at the TPC Mountain golf course. I usually golfed at the Desert course as the rates were cheaper.

You should have a good time down here in April. That's my favorite month down here weather wise.

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats good to hear, something needs to be done to break this annoying habit and if the gloves work then whoever thought it up is a genious....Carroll is getting good position lately but still thinking he needs to compensate for how poor his coverage used to be by grabbing players...he doesn't need to do that anymore!!!!!!!!!!! its annoying the crap out of all the fans, as well as the players i would guess

packerbacker#4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess the gloves didn't work this week, he gets to uptight in real games. I think he just needs to settle a bit.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
From what I read the Packers have had refs there all week watching the corners and the grabbing downfield.
Okay then - what about the tactic the Offense uses with the WR's as they sprint downfield... wherein, they make sure to grab onto the DB's arm, controlling him - that's NOT Offensive pass interference? Almost every game, I see this option used against the Packers... and the Ref's always...always... call it against us. They need to review that practice and level the playing field on the long pass plays... I also noticed the Packers don't get that option to do same... unto the others...

What gives?

Flak_Jacket

Cheesehead
Reaction score
v00d00 said:
I was listening to the "Jim Rome" show today, and they broke out the Packer news with Ahmad Carrol practicing with boxing gloves on in an effort to keep him from grabbing the recievers so much.

I just thought it would be funny if they could make him wear the gloves during the game, and then if he got beat by a reciever, he could just jab the crap out the guy.... :roll:

:lol:

Members online

Latest posts