Actual Signed Roster For 2022

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Making room on the 53 for Kylin Hill & ???.
Yes, releasing Taylor will allow the Packers to move Kylin Hill from the PUP list to the active roster. Taylor will return on the practice squad.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, releasing Taylor will allow the Packers to move Kylin Hill from the PUP list to the active roster. Taylor will return on the practice squad.

There was no need for it as the Packers currently have only 52 players on their active roster after they activated Hill.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was no need for it as the Packers currently have only 52 players on their active roster after they activated Hill.
Does that 52 include Krys Barnes? He's been practicing & will soon need to be added to the 53. Depending on Campbell injury they could use Barnes back sooner rather than later.

*** Edit *** To answer my own question Capt is correct that there are only 52 active on the 53 roster. GB can add Winfree from the PS (used up his 3 elevations, already), activate Barnes to the 53, make another move if a certain position is "low" for the game Sunday, OR just leave it unused until needed.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Kylin getting released is a little shocking...I wonder if he just never fully got back to full speed through recovery of his injury??
I'm very shocked that Hill was released. Makes me wonder if there are other reasons beyond his physical condition

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm very shocked that Hill was released. Makes me wonder if there are other reasons beyond his physical condition

Kylin getting released is a little shocking...I wonder if he just never fully got back to full speed through recovery of his injury??
MLF didn't hold back when asked why Hill was released.

“There are standards and expectations that are placed on every member of this team that we expect guys to live up to, LaFleur said. “He’s in a loaded room but regardless of your role big or small, we expect guys to come to work and be supportive.”

D

Deleted member 6794

In addition the Packers designated Randall Cobb to return from injured reserve, meaning he will be available for tomorrow's game vs. the Titans.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
MLF didn't hold back when asked why Hill was released.

“There are standards and expectations that are placed on every member of this team that we expect guys to live up to, LaFleur said. “He’s in a loaded room but regardless of your role big or small, we expect guys to come to work and be supportive.”
I'm guessing Hill was rather butt hurt about not getting any carries on Sunday. I was a little surprised by that as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm guessing Hill was rather butt hurt about not getting any carries on Sunday. I was a little surprised by that as well.
Down by 14 in the 4th Q and you have the 2 AJ's providing just what you need, not sure why you would expect Hill to carry the ball, he has a career 2.8 yard ave/car.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Down by 14 in the 4th Q and you have the 2 AJ's providing just what you need, not sure why you would expect Hill to carry the ball, he has a career 2.8 yard ave/car.

On 11 attempts LOL.... Hill didn't have a team mentality at all it sounds like, but discrediting him because he has just eleven carries mainly in pointless in season time frames is funny.

He averaged 5.6 in four years of college against SEC defenses.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
On 11 attempts LOL.... Hill didn't have a team mentality at all it sounds like, but discrediting him because he has just eleven carries mainly in pointless in season time frames is funny.

And he will fade away into the nothingness of the NFL.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Obviously Hill didn't offer any more than Taylor on the field so whatever he did/didn't do in his 2 weeks back on the 53 made him expendable. Eno Benjamin was starting for AZ 4 weeks ago, now he's cut & claimed by Houston after frustration with lack of snaps. Non-stud RB's are expendable and need to understand their role... Hill & Benjamin lost focus of that.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously Hill didn't offer any more than Taylor on the field so whatever he did/didn't do in his 2 weeks back on the 53 made him expendable. Eno Benjamin was starting for AZ 4 weeks ago, now he's cut & claimed by Houston after frustration with lack of snaps. Non-stud RB's are expendable and need to understand their role... Hill & Benjamin lost focus of that.

Of course, if his mentality is what was described Kylin Hill will never be anything - not saying otherwise.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Fair point that there's not much sense in trying to evaluate a player on the basis of YPC when they have so few carries.

But at the same time I don't know that his YPC in college tells us much either. I mean we are ultimately talking about a guy who was selected with the fourth-to-last pick in the draft. Obviously if his college YPC were that significant he wouldn't have been passed over two hundred and fifty-five times, lol

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair point that there's not much sense in trying to evaluate a player on the basis of YPC when they have so few carries.

But at the same time I don't know that his YPC in college tells us much either. I mean we are ultimately talking about a guy who was selected with the fourth-to-last pick in the draft. Obviously if his college YPC were that significant he wouldn't have been passed over two hundred and fifty-five times, lol

So Kylin fell in draft to many due to character suspicions...which seemingly have been confirmed.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So Kylin fell in draft to many due to character suspicions...which seemingly have been confirmed.
And which a fair number of NFL teams don't care much about. If he gets some playing time in Texas and produces without fumbling, he'll have a future in this league unless he causes a whole lot of problems in the locker room. Some guys can't handle being a backup.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And which a fair number of NFL teams don't care much about. If he gets some playing time in Texas and produces without fumbling, he'll have a future in this league unless he causes a whole lot of problems in the locker room. Some guys can't handle being a backup.
AMEN - and MLF made it clear this wasn't about his ability or potential, it was all about being his role for this team at this time.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess you answered your own question, as to why he wasn't handed the ball on Sunday. ;)

You are right, 11 carries and a 2.8 yard ave/carry is hardly enough data to give him a fair playing grade, good or bad. However, it didn't seem any talent he may have, was enough to offset his negative attitude.
Think you are confusing Hill and Amari....Hill has the attitude problem, Amari has a fumbling issue and was picked up by the Texans.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you answered your own question, as to why he wasn't handed the ball on Sunday. ;)

You are right, 11 carries and a 2.8 yard ave/carry is hardly enough data to give him a fair playing grade, good or bad. However, it didn't seem any talent he may have, was enough to offset his negative attitude.

Think you are confusing Hill and Amari....Hill has the attitude problem, Amari has a fumbling issue and was picked up by the Texans.
You'd be right.

It does apply to Hill if he gets picked up by anyone

Members online

Latest posts