Actual Signed Roster For 2022

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shaun Beyer is signing with us to practice squad. He spent the preseason with the Vikings.

He went undrafted in 2021 and spent that first year with Broncos.

Primarily a blocking TE 6'5' 248lbs

Reaction score
Shaun Beyer is signing with us to practice squad. He spent the preseason with the Vikings.

He went undrafted in 2021 and spent that first year with Broncos.

Primarily a blocking TE 6'5' 248lbs
There’s that TE someone wanted :tup:

Reaction score
I am putting together more and more why we’re getting all these ST types. Ford, Nixon, Leavitt, Franklin, etc..

Henry Black, Oren Burks, Ty Summers, Randy Ramsey were all leading tacklers on ST. Problem was they were substandard in other areas and you just can’t have that on an NFL Roster

I think these guys are similar on the coverage unit, but the newer grouping will be better blocking and backup potential if one gets elevated. Familiarity with Rich Bich is a plus.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. I agree with the guys who are waiting for the real games before exhaling as far as the OL goes.
2. Were they able to keep Abernathy (PS)?
3. Who was cut for the new TE?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New TE, Shaun Beyer, was signed to Practice Squad.

Only one spot left on PS & Packers want to add: Kicker Ahmed & Abernathy. Love Abernathy but IMHO need to hang onto Ahmed unless Crosby is 100% & game ready.

There 3 CB's (Gafford, Franklin & Thomas) so maybe if Safety Abernathy agrees to sign to the PS that Gafford gets cut?

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be for Ahmed. Right now, nobody knows what Crosby's status really is.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could be for Ahmed. Right now, nobody knows what Crosby's status really is.
it seems like the packers are doing everything they can to allow crosby to keep his consecutive games streak alive. my question is what if he plays but it is clear that his skills have eroded? how many games do they play him before they move on?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it seems like the packers are doing everything they can to allow crosby to keep his consecutive games streak alive. my question is what if he plays but it is clear that his skills have eroded? how many games do they play him before they move on?
I think they're covering the bases with this one. The Packers have grown somewhat gun shy when it comes to injuries. I understand why, with the situation that's dogged Bakh.

I don't think they believe that Crosby is done, but I do think they are concerned enough to use someone else until he's ready to go.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB would lose the $2.4mil cap savings vs making the switch now. I'm guessing Ahmed doesn't appear to be a clear upgrade to Crosby or Gute would've encouraged Mason to "retire" last week.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wait, you feel less confident this year along the OL than last?

I'm excited about the OL this year, I'm not saying we got 5 all pro type guys, but compared to last year I'm very excited.

Myers is healthy and proved yet again in PS he is one of the best young centers in the game and arguably at times was our best lineman in those games....when it wasn't him it was Zach Tom or Newman. Newman gets overlooked at how well he did this preseason allowing one pressure all PS...Tom overshadowed him with allowing none and being one of the best graded lineman league wide in the preseason (Newman as well though just lower).

Yosh proved last year the project we as an organization undertook with him was well worth it and he is for sure a capable RT and can do LT stop gap work in the league...and that was his first go at it; now he is experienced, confident and more ready than last year.

Zach Tom is arguably as a rookie going to be one of our best 5...Walker played VERY good in his limited time and Jake Hanson may be the most improved OL from one year to next we've seen in awhile.

Crazy thing is I say all this and didn't even mention Bakh or Jenkins who both could very well be playing week 1

I would be concerned about the offensive line if both Bakhtiari and Jenkins won't be able to play in week 1 as well. While it seems liked they did a pretty good job last year a lot of that had to with Rodgers, Adams and extra blockers being used. In addition, there's no reason to put too much stock into their success during the preseason as the unit mostly faced backups and vanilla schemes during those games.

Henry Black, Oren Burks, Ty Summers, Randy Ramsey were all leading tacklers on ST. Problem was they were substandard in other areas and you just can’t have that on an NFL Roster

Taking a look at the performance of the special teams units last season they were substandard in those roles as well ;)

I guess that as long as Crosby will be the team's kicker in week 1 he will be for the entire season as long as he doesn't drastically regress compared to last season. You need to consider that once on the roster for the season opener his base salary is fully guaranteed, meaning the Packers wouldn't save a cent of cap space by releasing him later during the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I just read another media opinion that seems to be trending and one that I find a bit knee jerk. Some have reacted to the Packers initially only keeping 2 RB's on the 53 as a sure sign that Amari Rodgers will be used more and more like Deebo Samuel. While I think that Amari will be given some opportunities to line up in the backfield and run a jet sweep or 2, I dont think the reason that the Packers cut all their "other" RB's has anything to do with Amari. Rather the Packers were very comfortable with the 2 AJ's and Kylin Hill on PUP and saw no need to use valuable spots on the 53 to protect any of the other RB's. Turns out Gute made the right move, nobody claimed any of them and the Packers signed both Goodson and Taylor to the PS, where either could be activated for a game from. I guess next Sunday we will find out if the Packers are fine with only 2 RB's and Amari being active on GameDay or they bring up one of the PS RB's. Now if Amari could turn himself into Deebo 2.0....that would go a long way in replacing some of Adams production.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read another media opinion that seems to be trending and one that I find a bit knee jerk. Some have reacted to the Packers initially only keeping 2 RB's on the 53 as a sure sign that Amari Rodgers will be used more and more like Deebo Samuel. While I think that Amari will be given some opportunities to line up in the backfield and run a jet sweep or 2, I dont think the reason that the Packers cut all their "other" RB's has anything to do with Amari. Rather the Packers were very comfortable with the 2 AJ's and Kylin Hill on PUP and saw no need to use valuable spots on the 53 to protect any of the other RB's. Turns out Gute made the right move, nobody claimed any of them and the Packers signed both Goodson and Taylor to the PS, where either could be activated for a game from. I guess next Sunday we will find out if the Packers are fine with only 2 RB's and Amari being active on GameDay or they bring up one of the PS RB's. Now if Amari could turn himself into Deebo 2.0....that would go a long way in replacing some of Adams production.
There was a mention, by LeFleur, that they had been working on some "creative" packages with Amari in the backfield. What that means? I don't know. It could refer to empty sets, where he's back there, and moving around in the formation. Hard to tell.

I do think your point about Hill coming back from injury is a good one. If they believe he'll be back in 4 weeks, and they've stashed Goodman, and Taylor, it's a solid move. Both could serve as the third back.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There was a mention, by LeFleur, that they had been working on some "creative" packages with Amari in the backfield. What that means? I don't know. It could refer to empty sets, where he's back there, and moving around in the formation. Hard to tell.
Just a look that they used against the Chiefs in the final preseason game. Film fodder for the Vikings to worry about. I definitely think they will give Amari a few "gadget plays" to see if he does have what it takes to be someone like Deebo, but I highly doubt until he actually has some success, against a first team defense, it replaces what the Packers have been doing best with the 2 AJ's carrying/receiving and Aaron running the pass game as he sees the defense line up.

Wouldn't surprise me if Amari was a bit on the bubble and someone suggested giving him different looks against the Chiefs, to see what he could do. MLF saw the results as a way to mess with the Vikings DC's mind a bit.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they had envisioned using Rodgers out of the backfield from the time they starting scouting him. It's why they chose a guy with his skill set and body build. he's a better build Cobb and much younger. I think their plan was always to give him plenty of looks out of the backfield. They've been looking for a while. Cobb, swervin Ervin, etc. Rodgers just wasn't ready, I think it's more of them saying it's time rather than looking for a way to see if he has worth. This is part of the worth they were looking for when they drafted him

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amari will more Tyler Ervin role, perhaps even more so - not Samuel.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Amari will more Tyler Ervin role, perhaps even more so - not Samuel.
Either way, he has to actually prove that he is able to both catch and run the ball, during real games, as well as return well on punts. Him having success on offense would be a great addition to the Packer playbook and if he can become a good return man, that goes a long way to improve special teams. Ervin had some initial success, but once teams shut him down, meh. He is only 28 and hasn't played or been on a team since 2020.

Reaction score
We should not have to spend a Day 2 draft selection (Amari) on a Punt Returner unless that guy is one of the top returners in the league in the mold of a Devin Hester.

I'm not sure about the Coaches view on the outlook with Amari, but PR are a dime a dozen

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should not have to spend a Day 2 draft selection (Amari) on a Punt Returner unless that guy is one of the top returners in the league in the mold of a Devin Hester.

I'm not sure about the Coaches view on the outlook with Amari, but PR are a dime a dozen
And he's not even good at it. I would like to give Winfree a chance. I can't see Amari juking anybody.