Actual Signed Roster For 2022

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes me question the entire point of playing preseason games if we ignore the performances and still go by "potential".or draft status.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Makes me question the entire point of playing preseason games if we ignore the performances and still go by "potential".or draft status.
Keep in mind that there is much more to the thought process than just pre-season game performances. Coaches see much more than us fans do during drills, practices, film study, etc. While I agree that at this point in their NFL careers, Heflin is a better player than Jonathan Ford, I have to summize that Gute and the Packers saw something that made them not want to risk losing Ford. Risking losing Heflin by cutting him, appears to have been a calculated risk that paid off.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another very small facet to remember is Ford has a team friendly 7th round contract on him for four years. If there isn't a TON of separation between he and another that is not as locked up....just another small piece to the puzzle as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another very small facet to remember is Ford has a team friendly 7th round contract on him for four years. If there isn't a TON of separation between he and another that is not as locked up....just another small piece to the puzzle as well.
Heflin as a 2021 UDFA is making quite a bit less than Ford, but I get your point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Im not seeing what you guys are seeing on Heflin's contract. What am I missing or does OTC have it incorrect?

EDIT: Guessing that OTC is showing Heflin's new cap numbers as a Practice squad member. :)

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not seeing what you guys are seeing on Heflin's contract. What am I missing or does OTC have it incorrect?

EDIT: Guessing that OTC is showing Heflin's new cap numbers as a Practice squad member. :)
Correct, once waived OTC cleared-off his contract info. & now has his PS numbers. A couple of other sites have his "old" futures contract info., still. Looking at Ford's contract he received $100k SB, so in actuality their cap #'s were virtually the same. Had Ford been cut GB would've had $100k dead money + Heflin's salary, instead have a slightly lower '22 cap number for Ford but SB spread out thru 2025.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Remember when everyone was worried about losing Heflin, Goodson and Winfree? All signed to the practice squad. Like I was saying, most teams have their guys. It's kind of cool the Packers signed a guy away from the Jags though. How happy is Ford to be out of Jacksonville and heading to Green Bay? Weather is different, but to be on a winning franchise overnight has to be a cool experience.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when everyone was worried about losing Heflin, Goodson and Winfree? All signed to the practice squad. Like I was saying, most teams have their guys. It's kind of cool the Packers signed a guy away from the Jags though. How happy is Ford to be out of Jacksonville and heading to Green Bay? Weather is different, but to be on a winning franchise overnight has to be a cool experience.

Actually we signed two. Benjie Franklin to the PS

Reaction score
It seems that way although I was surprised as Ford didn't show a lot of promise during preseason games in my opinion.

It's interesting that the Packers only added one player from outside the organization to the practice squad in Benjie Franklin.
The players that are Making the last cuts are super fast. The last 2 we brought in ran a 4.4 and 4.32
40 yard
It definitely speaks ST all day. We aren’t going to get bested for being too slow that’s for sure.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We have some decent PS guys, I suspect we will be ok when certain guys miss games. If we still have ST problems, I won't know what to think.
Some are making way too much out of preseason special teams "issues". I get it, we sucked last year, so it makes sense to worry. However, I can't imagine it is easy putting together decent special teams units when the roster sits at 90 and you are trying to give everyone a chance to make the roster by showing what they can do on Special Teams. Now that the roster is down to 53, Bisaccia will be able to assemble the same guys at every practice and actually set them into specific positions, to do specific tasks.

That said, I don't think we should expect the #1 special teams unit in the NFL. However, with the hiring of Basaccia and the way Gute has approached some of the signings, draft picks and final 53, I think it is safe to say, the Packers have bumped up the priority of the ST units quite a bit. Hoping we see the results on the field.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some are making way too much out of preseason special teams "issues". I get it, we sucked last year, so it makes sense to worry. However, I can't imagine it is easy putting together decent special teams units when the roster sits at 90 and you are trying to give everyone a chance to make the roster by showing what they can do on Special Teams. Now that the roster is down to 53, Bisaccia will be able to assemble the same guys at every practice and actually set them into specific positions, to do specific tasks.

That said, I don't think we should expect the #1 special teams unit in the NFL. However, with the hiring of Basaccia and the way Gute has approached some of the signings, draft picks and final 53, I think it is safe to say, the Packers have bumped up the priority of the ST units quite a bit. Hoping we see the results on the field.
Even the new punter and long snapper are part of the changes to the ST game. I think they've done quite a bit in addressing the problems. Now, let's hope what they did is the answer to the problems.

The jury is out.

Reaction score

Exactly. Preseason is more just a testing ground to see where bench players are at. Also which players are best to develop for the future.

I also think Rich will eventually get his ST units in order into that teens ranking. Which is far and away better than 2021.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Out of the 3 units, I'm more concerned about the offense. That concern will disappear if Rodgers can prove he's an MVP with or without Davante.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of the 3 units, I'm more concerned about the offense. That concern will disappear if Rodgers can prove he's an MVP with or without Davante.
I'm not too worried about the passing game in itself, as much as the run blocking, and pocket protection to give Rodgers time to make the throws. Over the years, we've been blessed by having guys step up and do a solid job. This year I haven't seen quite as much to get me excited about it. It's going to be interesting, seeing how it plays out. I'd expect the passing offense, at least early in the season, will include a lot of short throws designed to freeze linebackers, and neutralize the pass rush. Need to avoid the defenses being allowed to hammer the offensive line.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about the passing game in itself, as much as the run blocking, and pocket protection to give Rodgers time to make the throws. Over the years, we've been blessed by having guys step up and do a solid job. This year I haven't seen quite as much to get me excited about it. It's going to be interesting, seeing how it plays out. I'd expect the passing offense, at least early in the season, will include a lot of short throws designed to freeze linebackers, and neutralize the pass rush. Need to avoid the defenses being allowed to hammer the offensive line.

Wait, you feel less confident this year along the OL than last?

I'm excited about the OL this year, I'm not saying we got 5 all pro type guys, but compared to last year I'm very excited.

Myers is healthy and proved yet again in PS he is one of the best young centers in the game and arguably at times was our best lineman in those games....when it wasn't him it was Zach Tom or Newman. Newman gets overlooked at how well he did this preseason allowing one pressure all PS...Tom overshadowed him with allowing none and being one of the best graded lineman league wide in the preseason (Newman as well though just lower).

Yosh proved last year the project we as an organization undertook with him was well worth it and he is for sure a capable RT and can do LT stop gap work in the league...and that was his first go at it; now he is experienced, confident and more ready than last year.

Zach Tom is arguably as a rookie going to be one of our best 5...Walker played VERY good in his limited time and Jake Hanson may be the most improved OL from one year to next we've seen in awhile.

Crazy thing is I say all this and didn't even mention Bakh or Jenkins who both could very well be playing week 1

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, you feel less confident this year along the OL than last?

I'm excited about the OL this year, I'm not saying we got 5 all pro type guys, but compared to last year I'm very excited.

Myers is healthy and proved yet again in PS he is one of the best young centers in the game and arguably at times was our best lineman in those games....when it wasn't him it was Zach Tom or Newman. Newman gets overlooked at how well he did this preseason allowing one pressure all PS...Tom overshadowed him with allowing none and being one of the best graded lineman league wide in the preseason (Newman as well though just lower).

Yosh proved last year the project we as an organization undertook with him was well worth it and he is for sure a capable RT and can do LT stop gap work in the league...and that was his first go at it; now he is experienced, confident and more ready than last year.

Zach Tom is arguably as a rookie going to be one of our best 5...Walker played VERY good in his limited time and Jake Hanson may be the most improved OL from one year to next we've seen in awhile.

Crazy thing is I say all this and didn't even mention Bakh or Jenkins who both could very well be playing week 1
The amount of time that blocks need to be held will be different, if for no other reason than the receiving corps. Then there's the fact that we're probably going to see more defenders in the box. That too will change blocking assignments, and force new blocking options that we have no idea as to how well the line will handle them. It's nice to have guarded optimism, but I'm a realist. If they want to convince me they can do it, they have to prove it to me.

Reaction score
The amount of time that blocks need to be held will be different, if for no other reason than the receiving corps. Then there's the fact that we're probably going to see more defenders in the box. That too will change blocking assignments, and force new blocking options that we have no idea as to how well the line will handle them. It's nice to have guarded optimism, but I'm a realist. If they want to convince me they can do it, they have to prove it to me.
If they want to convince me that they can’t do it, they have to prove it to me. :)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they want to convince me that they can’t do it, they have to prove it to me. :)
Sorry! My coaching background tells me that a player needs to show me they can do the job, I don't just assume they can. That's like saying that the school board member's kid is going to be the ace QB, even though he's 4-9, weighs 82#, and goes into a fetal position as soon as the ball is in his hands. But, I digress. ;)

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's kind of my feeling. Obviously I'd like to see our ST improve, but if I had to choose between having an above-average offense and below-average ST vs having a below-average offense with above-average ST...I'd take the former, no doubt about it...

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry! My coaching background tells me that a player needs to show me they can do the job, I don't just assume they can. That's like saying that the school board member's kid is going to be the ace QB, even though he's 4-9, weighs 82#, and goes into a fetal position as soon as the ball is in his hands. But, I digress. ;)

Which is why I brought up all the examples of guys that showed us last year they could, and fortified that belief in PS as well. As they say though, crap happens and we will see what happens.

Reaction score
That was Bart Starr in HS!

Members online

Latest posts