1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Across the pond - Part II. The Brits are commin'

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Daz666, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Looks like you folks have got another Brit on your forum....

Unlike my fellow countryman the "Ghost" I am afraid I am just an armchair supporter. Jeez he must have some money to make 5 games a year!!!!.
    I have only managed two games in my life.
    I did spend several months living in Beaver Dam many, many years ago, not that far from Titletown. Almost the entire off-season (just my luck)
    This is where I caught the "Packer Disease" I am currently trying to persuade my wife to visit in the hope we move out for good.....

Until then .. Go Pack

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome Daz, glad to have you on the site!

EXACTLY what I was thinking. I was wondering if he owned any businesses here that he could get me a job at! :p

3. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping to hitch a ride inside one of his suitcases LOL

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to the site, daz! i think climbing into one of his suitcases is a GREAT idea too!! have fun here & i look forward to your posts!

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    WELCOME DAZ!!!
    (Where's PAUL REVERE when we need him???)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Buried?

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    What.........did Gilbert Brown (GRAVE DIGGER) get to him???

8. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Daz, good to have another European on the forum. Happy posting!

9. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    welcome dude...enjoy your stay.

10. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey that was a long long time ago mate, you dont need him anymore LOL
    Our respective country's fight together these days :beer: but this is a football forum not a political one so I wont go down that road

Thanks for the welcome. Look forward to contributing

11. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks 4packgirl.... At 6ft 2" it will have to be a mighty big suitcase LOL

Take care

12. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi ya & thanks.

Got any spare tickets for the world cup LOL

13. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks & I will 8)

14. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dazz666- Welcome to Packerforum from a long time(lifetime) Packer fan in DePere, Wi., just five 5 miles from Lambeau Field,and short hour and half (there abouts ) drive to Beaver Dam. You are always welcome here in Green Bay. You probably haven't seen Lambeau Field at it's Atrium since Lambeau Field has been completely renovated It is quite a sight!!

15. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Dazz666,do you go to any of the European game over there? Glad to see more people on here!! Lots of good people on here,and a few fans of other teams.

16. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure it is. I will be back one day, thats a promise.

All the best

Daz

17. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to most of the American Bowls. A sort of pre season friendly with a couple of NFL teams but they have not had one for a good few years now
    I have seen the old London Monarchs play in NFL Europe when they were around and finaly had a 13 year playing career with a couple of British teams.(not quite NFL standard LOL) The only NFL europe team in Britain is the Scotish Claymores. If you look at a map of Britain, Scotand is up the top and I live on the south coast right at the bottom so it is one hell of a long walk LOL

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    DAZ! I hope i didn't offend you with my Paul Revere comment....it was JUST made in fun! My Great Grandfather is from England! I'm very proud of my "roots!" I hope some day to be able to come over there, to see where my ancestry comes from. I have tried to search for my family heritage over there, but never can find anything.

19. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Not even slightly mate. I thought it was funny :lol:

Do you know what part of England your Great Grandfather came from ? If I can help, let me know

All the best

Daz

20. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He was from South Staffordshire, his name was Joseph Dudley Smith, born december 14th 1867. His father was named Richard Smith, born around 1840. His mom was Jane Dudley, born around 1842.
    My Great Grandmother was Mary Vedder Smith (maiden name Brousseau) born October 5th, 1873.
    Thats as far as i was ever able to get. If you can find out anything, i'd SURE appreciate it!!!

21. Daz666

Daz666 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will see what I can find. My mate at work is currently doing his full ancestry. At lunchtime he is on the net looking at this site he has paid to join that goes into the British "Births Deaths & Mariages" We had a look at some of my family on there. Its clever stuff.

I remember my Grandfather doing a similar thing. He found that the last woman in Britain to be hung for Horse thieving was my great great great Aunt. Geez thats something to be proud of :roll:

In the words of one of your great politicians "I'll be back"

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you DAZ!!! Just the fact that there is a CHANCE that i might be able to find out something is great news! THANK YOU!!!

23. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My Dad is really into this stuff. He has traced his father's family to the Mayflower and even further back. He's been all over the country and some of Europe gathering data (needless to say he's retired).

24. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have tried since i was young, but never can get anywhere on my search. Even my niece tried to search, but got no where. My wife's best friend was into ancestry, had just started my wife's family, had sent a letter to us telling me she would search mine next.............the day before we got the letter in the mail, her husband called us........she had dropped dead in their kitchen. She was only 32 years old.
    I took over my wife's family search, and through dumb luck (and i wonder if help from Mary Beth) i got her family back to 1410. But mine......NOTHING!!! GRRRR! Frustrating!!!

25. The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga

The_Gray_Ghost_of_Gonzaga Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol I wish........

I'd move to GB if us Brits could get Green Cards !! unless you get sponsored theres no chance.

I'm already saving for my next trip :D