Abbrederis

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to play peace keeper or step on anybodys toes here. But lets admit it, topics/ideas/thoughts get randomly spewed around here more then Monsanto seeds. I'm here quite a bit and can't read everything and sometimes searching for something on the forum search engine can be like Googling "cheese". So there is going to be some repetition and yes it does get annoying sometimes. But for the most part, many of us are here just to chat about one of our favorite topics of life, The Green Bay Packers. Are many of us redundant and sometimes off topic, hell yeah. but we are still having fun, right? :coffee:

RIGHT !!

OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

Latest out of Green Bay on Abby:

http://totalpackers.com/2015/08/18/packers-say-jared-abbrederis-isnt-done/

If Abby decides to continue his Football career with the Packers, it may have to be another year on the PS.
I think you meant "another year on IR", not PS. He's not eligible for PUP, in case anybody was wondering.

The comment in the article regarding the released WRs being UDFAs whereas Abbrederis being a 5th. round pick is beside the point in this case. McCarthy's comments about Abbrederis being an outstanding route runner is not smoke and more to the point...it's stamped all over his college tape. But if a guy cannot get on the field, it is all for naught.

An interesting question is what happens if he's medically cleared as cut downs approach while he's not been able to practice? Or If Abbrederis is cleared sooner, he will then have to make a decision as to whether he will soldier on. The league would not let you put a guy on IR without a medical hold back. PS might be an option...the history of medical issues would be off-putting if he hits the waiver wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Robert Mason

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to play peace keeper or step on anybodys toes here. But lets admit it, topics/ideas/thoughts get randomly spewed around here more then Monsanto seeds. I'm here quite a bit and can't read everything and sometimes searching for something on the forum search engine can be like Googling "cheese". So there is going to be some repetition and yes it does get annoying sometimes. But for the most part, many of us are here just to chat about one of our favorite topics of life, The Green Bay Packers. Are many of us redundant and sometimes off topic, hell yeah. but we are still having fun, right? :coffee:

I recently gave up on an other "dead" board. Believe me......this is refreshing !

H

HardRightEdge

But lets admit it, topics/ideas/thoughts get randomly spewed around here more then Monsanto seeds.
There is a substantial amount of science that has gone into the prescribed when/where/how of the placement of Monsanto seeds. "Just sayin'", as they say. ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The only thing PB is that it causes problems for the moderators trying to keep on top of things around here. All the moderators ask is for co-operation to make things flow easier.
We are all here hopefully to discuss Packer matters without people getting pissy with each other.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The only thing PB is that it causes problems for the moderators trying to keep on top of things around here. All the moderators ask is for co-operation to make things flow easier.
We are all here hopefully to discuss Packer matters without people getting pissy with each other.

And you guys do a great job of it. I have really enjoyed my 2 1/2 years here. My friends and family got sick and tired of hearing me talk about the Packers. So now, my typing skills have improved drastically and I actually now know all the names of my family members and pets.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This article says Four WR spots are locked up ? Nelson...Cobb...Adams and who ? Montgomery ? I would think Janis might be a front runner for one of the remaining two if they keep six.
It would have to be Montgomery given that he was a 3rd round pick and the fact that he has proven to be very hands-sure in special teams drills and on returns during the game last week. The fifth spot is currently a toss up between Janis and White with White having had a slight edge going into the NE game and Janis coming out with a slight edge after it. A 6th WR will come down to whether they feel Janis or White is more deserving of a roster spot than Perillo or Blackman as a 4th TE.

D

Deleted member 6794

This article says Four WR spots are locked up ? Nelson...Cobb...Adams and who ? Montgomery ? I would think Janis might be a front runner for one of the remaining two if they keep six.

Montgomery is a lock to make the team. The Packers used a third-round pick on him just months ago and he has shown flashes of talent in camp.

If the Packers keep six receivers it's probable Janis and either White or one of the undrafted guys would make the team

Abbrederis has to get on the field pretty fast to have a chance at competing for a roster spot.

PS might be an option...the history of medical issues would be off-putting if he hits the waiver wire.

I'm quite sure a team would claim him off waivers if the Packers would try to move him to the practice squad.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Montgomery is a dead lock.....only way he isn't on the final 53 is if he gets hurt and ends up on IR. Many things I have read now have Janis over White for the 5th and probably final spot. Mainly basing it on the Patriot game. I personally think its still a toss up and can see them keeping the one they think wont clear waivers and waive the one they think can safely land on the PS (maybe White?)

Let's face it, teams are scouting the Packers right now. We have quite a few guys that will be an instant pick-up off waivers. As in years past, with a deep roster, it will be interesting to see who we can stash on the PS to maintain our quality depth.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An interesting question is what happens if he's medically cleared as cut downs approach while he's not been able to practice?... PS might be an option...the history of medical issues would be off-putting if he hits the waiver wire.

I think PS is exactly where he ends up if that happens. But my gut is telling me he'll get cleared in time to see some limited action in the Eagles game and extended time against the Saints. But how do you put a guy with half a dozen or so practices and a couple of preseason games ahead of two guys (Janis and White) who have put in the work all through TC? And that's not enough time to prove that his durability concerns are behind him, so I still think they'll waive him and sign him to the PS. But he might end up doing just enough for some team like the Chiefs or Panthers to snatch him up. Then again, this prolonged concussion recovery has to be worrisome to anyone. But if he gets hurt again in TC after coming back, I think he's done, though I suppose there's a chance they might put him on IR at that point. He doesn't have first round status to protect him for 4 years like a Justin Harrell. His window to make the roster has closed to a very thin crack at this point. Logically, it might be best to go ahead and put him on IR if they intend to give him another chance next year.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery is a dead lock.....only way he isn't on the final 53 is if he gets hurt and ends up on IR. Many things I have read now have Janis over White for the 5th and probably final spot. Mainly basing it on the Patriot game. I personally think its still a toss up and can see them keeping the one they think wont clear waivers and can safely land on the PS (maybe White?).

If that ends up being the logic behind the decision I don't think there's any question that White would be the more likely player to clear waivers (at this point anyway.)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Personally I cringe anytime they pick someone with a first or last name that ends in the "el" sound in the first round.

Rich Cambell, Darell Thompson, Terrell Buckley, Jamal Reynolds, Ahmad Caroll, Justin Harrell

Lets just hope that Damarius Randall finally breaks the curse of the "eL"

H

HardRightEdge

I'm quite sure a team would claim him off waivers if the Packers would try to move him to the practice squad.
I'm less sure. There were 31 teams that let him drop to the 6th. round on injury concerns. There might be 31 scouts saying, "I told you so" if it comes to this.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm less sure. There were 31 teams that let him drop to the 6th. round on injury concerns. There might be 31 scouts saying, "I told you so" if it comes to this.
Technically, wouldn't it be fair to say that 32 teams let him drop to the 6th round?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I cringe anytime they pick someone with a first or last name that ends in the "el" sound in the first round.

Rich Cambell, Darell Thompson, Terrell Buckley, Jamal Reynolds, Ahmad Caroll, Justin Harrell

Lets just hope that Damarius Randall finally breaks the curse of the "eL"
Didn't Randall Cobb already do that?;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Technically, wouldn't it be fair to say that 32 teams let him drop to the 6th round?

FWIW Abbrederis was a fifth round pick. While some teams might be scared off by him being injury-prone others in need of help at receiver would most likely take a gamble on him.

Members online

Latest posts