Aaron Rodgers' interview

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers Speaks his mind, maybe a bit too much

Aaron Rodgers calls Tony Kornheiser "stupid," "dumb" and "terrible" | ProFootballTalk.com

It's basically an interview that Rodgers had on the radio where he calls out multiple crew members from ESPN. He already took a shot at Mel Kiper and Tod Mccshay a couple weeks back, now he talks about the production crew from MNF. I Rodgers is a tough guy and we all love him for speaking his mind, but don't you guys think that this is getting a bit too much?

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just made a thread about this. Is it possible to merge that one into this one?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked it, he was honest, im sure he will get a ton of crap from ESPN, they will rip him at every chance that they get.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN is a joke. its sad that 95% of football fans only listen to ESPN.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved it! :D Kornheiser does suck imo.....It shall be a great PTI tonight! or should I say....one to actually watch.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is right. why is this a big deal?

I agree that Rodgers is right with all the points he makes. A lot of the stuff they say on ESPN is complete Bs. However did Rodgers really need to say all that? There's plenty of time for him to vent his thoughts post retirement an beyond. I'm just worried about how the media will respond to this because they love tearing guys apart.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Rodgers is right with all the points he makes. A lot of the stuff they say on ESPN is complete Bs. However did Rodgers really need to say all that? There's plenty of time for him to vent his thoughts post retirement an beyond. I'm just worried about how the media will respond to this because they love tearing guys apart.
Maybe Rodgers wants the spotlight this time of the year. Before Favre steals it with FavreWatch 2010!

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Rodgers wants the spotlight this time of the year. Before Favre steals it with FavreWatch 2010!

Should Rodgers threaten to retire and then come back? I think that's the only way anyone has any chance of beating Favre's media hogging.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should Rodgers threaten to retire and then come back? I think that's the only way anyone has any chance of beating Favre's media hogging.
If it were last year, I'd agree with you.

I think, this time, Favre will have to pull something out of the ordinary comeback to get the attention he wants...

BTW, I'd be very grateful if anyone in here can watch tonight's PTI and tell me how it goes :D

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it were last year, I'd agree with you.

I think, this time, Favre will have to pull something out of the ordinary comeback to get the attention he wants...

BTW, I'd be very grateful if anyone in here can watch tonight's PTI and tell me how it goes :D

Everyone's saying that the biggest surprise would be if Favre decided to actually call it quits. This way he screws over the Packers by not allowing us a chance to get a shot back at him. A lot of Packer fans, me included, want him back for this very reason. Either way it's a win-win situation for us.

PTI starts in half an hour. I'll post any news or comments with any mention of Rodgers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone's saying that the biggest surprise would be if Favre decided to actually call it quits. This way he screws over the Packers by not allowing us a chance to get a shot back at him. A lot of Packer fans, me included, want him back for this very reason. Either way it's a win-win situation for us.

PTI starts in half an hour. I'll post any news or comments with any mention of Rodgers.
Thanks. I'll be working, so I can't watch it...

You see? Rodgers did a favor to them. I couldn't care less what these bosos have to say, but now I'm eager to know how this turns out...

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
He's spot on...yet a big deal will be made. Not sure if we need more media attention already...

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, no mention of Rodgers' comments on PTI whatsoever. I guess they really can't prove Rodgers wrong....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its interesting that he said Tom Brady is by far the best QB in the NFL. I dont know if I would go that far but I can understand why someone would think so.

and he is right on in saying Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are good. Well, buck gets annoying sometimes but overall is good at his job. Artie from Howard stern might disagree though

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its interesting that he said Tom Brady is by far the best QB in the NFL. I dont know if I would go that far but I can understand why someone would think so.

and he is right on in saying Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are good. Well, buck gets annoying sometimes but overall is good at his job. Artie from Howard stern might disagree though

Even though Rodgers said there was no bias to his rankings, you can tell it's definitely there. Brady is a California guy like Rodgers and he even injected Steve Young and Joe Montana's names into the conversation, QBs of his favorite team the 49ers.

I thought that it *** kind of wrong for Rodgers to mention Manning's name last despite him saying it was in no particular order. I think Brady and Manning are the best 2 in the game right now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Rodgers to death and have defended the guy since Day One.

But he's wrong to say Brady is clearly the best. Manning is the best. But I think Rodgers is trying to place Super Bowls above everything else, and Brady leads Peyton 3-1 there. Rodgers expects to get more than 1 for us, which I love.

I also think it's dumb of Rodgers to be publicly ripping any of these big time ESPN guys. He may be correct, but he's not being smart. There's nothing to gain there by ripping on ESPN broadcasters and reporters. I don't think his boy Brady, or Manning, have done that like that.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But he's wrong to say Brady is clearly the best. Manning is the best. But I think Rodgers is trying to place Super Bowls above everything else, and Brady leads Peyton 3-1 there. Rodgers expects to get more than 1 for us, which I love.

I also think it's dumb of Rodgers to be publicly ripping any of these big time ESPN guys. He may be correct, but he's not being smart. There's nothing to gain there by ripping on ESPN broadcasters and reporters. I don't think his boy Brady, or Manning, have done that like that.

You hit the nail right on the head. Rodgers has plenty of time to express his thoughts later on in life. Nice for pointing out the Brady and Manning references.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Big time? Who? Tony Kornheiser? I dont think he has much to worry about LOL. He is a TV personality and a stretch to say a journalist or reporter. He just said jaws ripped him on his fundamentals and then praised him, he also said he likes him. Oh he also ripped Dennis Miller, and I doubt he will be involved in sports again.

Its nice to see a player speaking his mind freely on some things. Its not like he touched hot button issues like immigration or abortion.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big time? Who? Tony Kornheiser? I dont think he has much to worry about LOL. He is a TV personality and a stretch to say a journalist or reporter.
I always, always, get a kick out of sports fans who love to pretend like they are a paid critic and shoot down professional journalists. It's got to be jealousy or dislike because professional journalists like Kornheiser haven't been fooling the establishment for 40 years, and he didn't get to where he is or has been on his looks.

Kornheiser has been paid to write by:
1970- Newsday
1976- NY Times
1979- Washington Post
1992- Tony Kornheiser Radio Show
Kornheiser was a finalist for the 1997 Pulitzer Prize for Commentary.
He also started working for ESPN in 1997 and kept his column at the Post. As part of his ESPN Radio contract, Kornheiser wrote columns called Parting Shots for ESPN The Magazine between 1998 and 2000.
2001- PTI, Pardon The Interruption

Now you may not like him, and sometimes I don't, but if you think you're better as a writer or a sports broadcaster, commentator, host, then where are you compared to him?

I don't agree with him a lot, but I agree with him more than Wilbon.

But the point here is this guy has a show on 5 days a week on ESPN. He may not be Oprah, but he has an audience, and Rodgers shouldn't rip in public like this. There's no upside, benefit from doing it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always, always, get a kick out of sports fans who love to pretend like they are a paid critic and shoot down professional journalists. It's got to be jealousy or dislike because professional journalists like Kornheiser haven't been fooling the establishment for 40 years, and he didn't get to where he is or has been on his looks.

Kornheiser has been paid to write by:
1970- Newsday
1976- NY Times
1979- Washington Post
1992- Tony Kornheiser Radio Show
Kornheiser was a finalist for the 1997 Pulitzer Prize for Commentary.
He also started working for ESPN in 1997 and kept his column at the Post. As part of his ESPN Radio contract, Kornheiser wrote columns called Parting Shots for ESPN The Magazine between 1998 and 2000.
2001- PTI, Pardon The Interruption

Now you may not like him, and sometimes I don't, but if you think you're better as a writer or a sports broadcaster, commentator, host, then where are you compared to him?

I don't agree with him a lot, but I agree with him more than Wilbon.

But the point here is this guy has a show on 5 days a week on ESPN. He may not be Oprah, but he has an audience, and Rodgers shouldn't rip in public like this. There's no upside, benefit from doing it.

I laugh at how defensive you get. Its like the guy that rips a NBA player for missing a shot then the other guy in the bar says "How do YOU think you would do in the NBA?!?!?" Well I am white and under 6'6 *******, what do you think? Remind me to call you a hypocrite when you rip anyone in the NFL.

I can clearly see you arent at all familiar with Kornheiser's work. And to be fair I dont know much about his work in the 70s. Then again its the 70s, so it really doesnt matter in context as far as today goes. Wilbon's alma mater, Northwestern, has a prof. that used to bomb govt buildings, but I wouldnt use that in judging how she teaches now.

So since your not familiar with Tonys work let me bring you up to speed. Again lets remember I said "He is a TV personality and a stretch to say a journalist or reporter." In 1997 Tony published his 3rd book (I use this one since it was the only one I could find in my library at midnight) titled "BALD AS I WANNA BE" which in case you didnt know was a play on Dennis Rodmans famous book, BAD AS I WANNA BE. The covers are similar. The book collects his work, which is pretty good at points, while at the washington post. In the book you will find hardhitting reporting on mowing his grass, on what luxury car he might buy, and his new reading glasses.

Tony can write very well but has retired from publishing on a regular basis. To call him a journalist, by definition would require him collect information, which he really doesnt do. To call him a reporter would require him to research something. So I guess if you want to call him that in the past for researching about the new car then have at it.

Tony is a talk show host and the guy espn brought in to do comedy that knows something about sports, nothing more. He doesnt research stories and he doesnt break news.

Im sure you will try and argue all this so I ask you to find 10 stories tony has written where tony did research on something like one of the writers for the JS does, or where he has broken a story other than about his neighbor mowing the lawn.

Good job pulling stuff from wikipedia btw.

Members online

Latest posts