1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Rodgers! DOH!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rabidgopher04, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Heelntoe

Heelntoe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I watched all Rodgers plays several times with DVR; really, he did pretty well given the circumstances. The pick was a bad play; that throw had no chance. I saw several hard, accurate throws, and I saw a couple roll outs where he stopped, squared up, and got rid of the ball quickly when it looked like he was going to get hit by stopping.

He threw one lazy pass on an out that got the reciever hit, and I think somebody may have said something because the next several passes after that had much more velocity.

Two passes were inaccurate; one to driver at the sideline that looked like he caught it but was ruled incomplete (no replay was shown), one to the feet of a slot rec or back that wasn't expecting the pass so soon (on a blitz).

Both 4th down plays were good throws, and the sack was the right thing to do, you could see he was going to throw to the back just as he was getting hit, but a linebacker jumped the route; it was sack or propable pick if he threw it.

Missed the first fumble (flipping channels), the second one very few quarterbacks would have held - Just starting his throwing motion so one hand on the ball and gets nailed with the accompanying arm rake. He just got his feet set; no reason for him to expect to get drilled that soon.

I'd give him a B- on performance; it's too bad he had to work with that group; nobody looked like they cared, tho it was no different when Brett was out there.

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a hard time believing that some of you are ready to deem Rodgers a failure. Christ, folks, he has taken maybe 25 - 30 snaps as a pro.

Does anyone recall just how Brett Favre's career on the field started out in Atlanta? How about Carson Palmer? How about Peyton Manning?

It is amazing what good players and competent coaching can do for a young QB.

3. Heelntoe

Heelntoe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing I will add; Bretts picks were ill-conceived heaves just trying to make something, anything, happen. Rodgers' pick he move outside nicely, stopped, squared, and had a very good opportunity to look at the defense... then he made that throw. [shakes head] Not sure what to make of that; impossible to know if he was focused on the rec and lead his throw into the defenders or what. But that was a pretty bad error.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rodgers looked like a rookie playing in his first real NFL game. The one thing I was impressed with was that he managed to move the chains a bit and the ball seemed to have some zip on it. He'll get better with some experience.

5. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    one quarter does not show who he is. ill bet he is hella better than harrington :) i agree with Hammer

6. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Like you, TOP, I was impressed with his arm, mobility and ability to throw on the move.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't seen anyone call Rodgers a failure. He SUCKED last night playing for a team where everybody SUCKED. He didn't do OK unless you guys think turning the ball over 3 times in 1 quarter is OK. Don't mistake this as saying he was a failure. As I've said this whole thread, it was just one quarter of his first game.

8. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked what I saw.... But I think he wont get better under Sherman, not at all.

9. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a high percentage chance Mariucci is coming back to Green Bay for a job, which we don't know.

10. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Says who? Why would Mariucci come here? Maybe he should come back as QB coach and mentor Rodgers and get Favre back under control.

11. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    After how Joey has "progressed" in Detroit, I'm not too sure he's the guy either to get in Favre's face or to Mentor Rodgers along.

12. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, Mariucci wasn't the QB coach in Detroit. He was the head coach. He doesn't have the time to spend on individual positions. That's why he has assistant coaches who do. Perhaps Mariucci is better as an assistant where he can dedicate more of his time to one thing rather than everything.

13. sunshine

sunshine Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

hmmm...very interesting. brett himself said he wouldn't be playing with mooch again during his career. and favre "under control"?? not gonna happen!! he's playing like he always did - just doesn't have the receivers to make the catches.

14. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Are we forgetting that Brett Favre's first attempt was a -7 yard pass to himself? Were you expecting a touchdown? Come on people, he's a rookie for Christ's sake. :p

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Fail

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    Do you run the Redskins?