1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Aaron Rodgers! DOH!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rabidgopher04, Dec 20, 2005.

1. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Fumbles on his first pass attempt! Horrible!

2. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Had to turn off the tv and come here ( I know this is prob a good time to see what he looks like but I am just not ready for it yet ). Heck, turned the tube back on.

3. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He was blind sided. No one bothered to block the blitzer on that play. I have seen other players on the GB team fumble when they were blind sided like that.

4. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I think Aaron Rodgers did all right, but I certainly would not want him starting for my team. He made too many mistakes and coughed up the ball 3 times (2 fum, 1 int).

Let's stick with Brett. ;)

5. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Honestly, Rodgers didn't look any worse than Brett did tonight, though I think that has more to do with the WRs than it does with the QBs.

6. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I actually think he did OK...threw it away when nothing was there, had some crisp and accurate passes, not too bad.

He didn't look too comfortable in the pocket, but hell, who would...o-line layed an egg tonite.

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    2 fumbles and an INT. At least in preseason he through it into the ground and the Packers got to punt.

8. ChuckSTG

ChuckSTG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, I thought he played pretty well tonight. The two sacks/fumbes he was blindsighted and wasn't suprised that he fumbled (might have to do with the weather Cold=splippery ball). Forced that throw into the endzone for the interception. Brett is teaching him bad things.

9. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    stats were a little deceiving though, calicheez...I think he made some good decisions about when to throw it away. The int was stupid, and he had butterfingers on the first fumble...but I blame the last fumble on Clifton.

10. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Totally. Clifton let the dude slip right by him. It's like he wasn't even paying attention.

11. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    trade clifton!! I did that on madden :p

12. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No way can Rogers be judged by what happeened last night.
    Peyton Manning couldn't have done any better playing with that bunch of misfits last night who came dressed as the Packer offense.
    Rogers did some good things in spite of Clifton trying to get him killed.

13. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Rodgers actually did ok, he moved the football, and considering the situation that interception didn't surprise me, and there isn't that much he could have done with the fumbles.. the protection just broke down. He should be angry at Clifton, I know Favre would have been.

14. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It certainly is not a promising start. sounds like harrington. Guess we will have to endure a long bumpy ride ahead.

15. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Harrington's had 3 years to prove he sucks. Rodgers has only played a little over a quarter, I wouldn't judge him on last night.
    Hammer

16. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I guess not Hammer.

17. PPierce

PPierce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree! Brett, for some reason, just doesn't do it for us this year, and Rogers can short pass and throw interceptions in the end zone too. What's the difference, except that our franchise is counting on AR for the future, which kind of makes me nervous. At the same time THIS WAS HIS FIRST REAL GAME. Most QB's really suck the first time out. Even Brett did.

18. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Did OK? He sucked against a prevent defense with respect to the DBs. They did blitz him a couple of times and I'm not saying he can be judged on 1 quarter but to say he did OK is insane. id you see that pass in the endzone?

19. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    DePack...as ppierce said, it's not like Brett's bombs were much better...mind you one of the bomb/picks was just a punt, but still, it's not like Brett was lighting up the place.

But to both qb's defense, the team, esp. the wide receivers and parts of the line (Clifton) threw in the towel. Brett made a poor decision on one of his picks throwing it into triple coverage, but DD didn't help by cutting off the route short. Then AR gets thrown in the game w/ teammates that had already packed it in for the night.

I'm not saying he's better than Brett or anything like that...just saying I don't think AR sucked last night.

20. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Nobody said "Brett did OK". AR turned the ball over three out of four times they had the ball. The other time I think they went three and out. I may be a charter member of the "Green and Gold Glasses club" but damn that isn't OK to me. Again, I'm not ready to hang the kid and I don't think it was all his fault but he didn't do OK in my opinion.

21. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The pick was stupid, and he needs to hold on to the ball on the first one, but that last fumble I blame on Clifton...just let the DE blow right by him...didn't even raise his hands or twist his hips, and then AR gets decked while throwing.

I liked some of his decision making, and ability to feel the rush. He threw it away a few times when there was nothing there, and also had some pretty crisp and accurate passes. But you're right, it's only 15 minutes and he still had some mistakes...but it's also only his first legit NFL experience (only 1 pass v. N.O, I think) and w/ teammates that gave up in the 1st quarter, which is why I say not great, but not bad.

22. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked the way he scrambled and how well he could throw on the run. He generally has nice, crip throws (like musccy just said).

Maybe we'll see more of him as the season winds down. I'm sure we'll have a big lead over Chicago and Seattle so that he will get more game time action. :D

23. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but the thing about it is..is that Rodgers has no field awareness and if you dont have that he is going to do those things. i hope this game by rodgers shuts up the idots who want him to replace favre right away

24. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think most fans want Rodgers to "replace" Brett.
    It would be nice to get him out there on the field so he can work on his field awarness, reads of the def and so on.
    I doubt that anyone honestly thinks he is better than Brett.
    He will never aquire the skills needed while sitting on the bench. After all the NFL game is much quicker than the college game.

25. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think based on what we saw last night we will see more of him in the next two games.
    I just hope the o-line doesn't get him killed. If they keep playing like they did last night he will have to learn field awareness quick or die.