A lot on line in cuts today

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a good read Prez, thanks. I hope they keep Montgomery b/c he looks like there is some potential there opposite of KGB. He has a good motor and I hope he stays. I do feel that Poppinga should stay too even in place of Jenkins. Jenkins is 31 (i think) and doesn't have the gas in the tank that the rook has IMHO. The rest of it is intriguing as well and if they cut Fisher instead of someone like Luchey, I'd be pissed.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPB Prez- Sorry I missed your posting. I'm sure Ryan will remove my duplicate , I am slipping in my old age. That is 2nd time in my 7 months of postings on Packer forums, I have done that. Have you & your Indy crew made it down to Lambeau yet, if not would like to stop by your tailgate party(if you are having one) and meet everybody.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as creating a road trip to Lambeau - We're probably going to step into that pothole later on next season. What is most likely going to happen this year, will be the trip to Cincy around Halloween. Myself? I already have tickets to Lambeau for the STEELER game... and we're all meeting over at Fuzzy's.

No offense, but I didn't take to Stadium View, at all. Curly's Pub is great, but I'd rather spend time around Green Bay since I hardly ever get up there.. Certainly this year, we'll be stopping at Barnett's new place.. and Susan wants to grab a meal at Brett's Steakhouse. For me? Heading over to Appleton at Lombardi's Place is a must.

Just stop by the web site, guys - you can read up on how well we're doing these days and on into the future....

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are presently remodeling the old West Movie Theater in Green Bay on W. Walnut at Broadway St. which will be Nick Barnett's new place call "56" surprise!! Surprise!! The Press-Gazette featured a story on his new place but I can't recall the details of it. But I think they are going to have his kind of music,also food, and oh yes! refreshments, Dancing. Probably show live Packer games on big theater screen, as the West Theater has always done for years.. Never eaten at Brett's Steakhouse. it's reputation when it opened was not too good, but they have been open for quite a while and I have heard no complaints about it except it is "pricey". That would not make it popular with the crowd which is my age. Your going to Cinn. that could be quite a football game. How do their fans treat fans wearing colors of other teams in their stadium. I don't think the Packers have played in Cinn.very often. The Stadium View Sports Bar & Grill is probably one of the most well known Sports Bar & Grill in Green Bay. It is usually jamed with Packer fans on Packer Home Day Sunday. Can't say I ever had food there which was not good. However we usually eat there when they have brunch buffets on holidays in their large banquet room at reasonable prices. I have never eaten there when it is jammed with Packer fansbut have eaten there early before the Packer-Titan MNF game (Ugh!) Service and food was good at Stadium View then. As you know, I usually inform people about Green Bay, if they are coming here especially for the first time. They usually want to know about sports bars and I give them the three popular Sports bars around Lambeau Field which are The Bar, Anduzzi's and Stadium View. There is one large outdoor party going in all three of their parking lots before and after the Game.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shows you how much reporters know.

Leach did get cut. They kept 10 offensive linemen and still Bedell was cut. The sixth LB spot didn't come down to Brady P. and Jenkins, and instead Thompson gets cut. And., Colin Cole doesn't get cut.

What do these reporters did pay for?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
billv said:
Shows you how much reporters know.

Leach did get cut. They kept 10 offensive linemen and still Bedell was cut. The sixth LB spot didn't come down to Brady P. and Jenkins, and instead Thompson gets cut. And., Colin Cole doesn't get cut.

What do these reporters did pay for?

C'mon man if they really knew their stuff they woudn't be reporting. They are just giving us their opinions bro. No one knew cept TT and others in the Packers office.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
C'mon man if they really knew their stuff they woudn't be reporting. They are just giving us their opinions bro. No one knew cept TT and others in the Packers office.

even so, common sense should have told him Cole had a great shot at making the team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
SlickVision said:

even so, common sense should have told him Cole had a great shot at making the team.

The same common sense that says trading a 1st pick for a over weight 3rd string QB who threw five passes two of which were INTs is a mistake, right?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
arrowgargantuan said:
SlickVision said:

The same common sense that says trading a 1st pick for a over weight 3rd string QB who threw five passes two of which were INTs is a mistake, right?

ummm. ok.

Cole played pretty good in preseason. with the lack of positive play on the d-line it's somewhat surprising that a beat reporter who's job is to watch the Packers, would dismiss him saying "assuming Cole and Lee are cuts".

im talking about a dense reporter...wtf are you talking about?

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember guys - I warned ya that he may not have watched the same pre-season games we did. More likely it was happy hour and the Captain Morgan was on hand and gettin' in the way (everyone raise your left leg, and pose, will ya --- LOL)

If anyone watched the same games "I watched" - then you saw Colin Cole wherever the ball was on almost every play and at 325lbs (listed), then he's practically a shoe-in for Grady's job next year..... We need to find a twin for him to step in there with - like what we had in Grady and Gravedigger, circa 2003. --- Just imagine what Bates would do with a tandem DUO like that....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
SlickVision said:
arrowgargantuan said:
SlickVision said:

ummm. ok.

Cole played pretty good in preseason. with the lack of positive play on the d-line it's somewhat surprising that a beat reporter who's job is to watch the Packers, would dismiss him saying "assuming Cole and Lee are cuts".

im talking about a dense reporter...wtf are you talking about?

'sigh'

What do you think was said about the Packers trading a 1st round pick for Brett??

Has the light came on yet??

Mods, pfft I tell ya these days... :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts