A.J. Hawk a Better Selection??

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But with mario we could drop him to LB sometimes and play a 3-4. Have him get to the line then drop back it would be very tricky.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams could be an ok LB and an amazing DE. He's 6-7 295... He'll need to slim down to play LB and that would hurt him because of his height.

I think he could add pounds and play DT better than lose pounds and play LB. Overall though he's too good of a DE to move anywhere.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
route25 said:
gado35 said:
wow i just found this...this is an interview on nfl.com on mario williams...let me know what you think...

Would you be willing to switch to an outside linebacker position if needed?
-- Quentin R., Atlanta

Of course. Anything I need to do. If I need to lose weight, if I need to gain weight, I'll do that. I would love to play outside linebacker.

mario at LB?

Let's take the best defensive end prospect in years and move him to linebacker. While we're at it, if Favre comes back, I think we should move him to nose tackle.

Mario seems like a good guy. I think he was just being agreeable with someone who askeda dumb question.

Of course Williams will say that. He wants to come off as a team player.. He's not going to say. I don't want to play anywheres but DE.. Makes him look selfish.

He could have replied like Tauscher did when asked if he would move to guard. Tauscher said he would rather not but if the team needed him to make the switch he would do it and do his best. Tauscher let it be known he didn't want to be moved, but if he had to move to help the team he would.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
But with mario we could drop him to LB sometimes and play a 3-4. Have him get to the line then drop back it would be very tricky.

I doubt the Pack will ever show any 3-4 fronts. Pickett isn't big enough to play NT in that formation. With an athlete like Mario you could always blitz a DB and drop him into a zone from his DE position though. Peppers has gotten a couple INTs in Carolina like that.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
gopackgo4 said:

I doubt the Pack will ever show any 3-4 fronts. Pickett isn't big enough to play NT in that formation. With an athlete like Mario you could always blitz a DB and drop him into a zone from his DE position though. Peppers has gotten a couple INTs in Carolina like that.

Pickett is about 315-325 he is plenty big

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What the crap!

A.J. Hawk ran a 4.38 40! That's freaking crazy. (I know I'm probably old news with this, i just watch his interview on ESPN lol)

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a Viking fan and a Buckeye fan. You guys will be sorry if he is there and you dont draft him. AJ is a beast. He trains with Butch Reynolds, if you know who he is.
He loves to lay the wood, is tireless and studies his opponents at length. Plus he has the name. Hawk, what a name for a LB. And you cannot have enough players from Ohio State on your team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randomly stumbling across this thread was very interesting. Not going to rip anyone for a post 5 years ago, other than the AJ Hawk 40 time. WTF!

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's just another stat for the pundits to waste time talking about. I don't care if the guy can run it in 4 flat, if he doesn't have a good football brain, I don't want him.

Members online

Latest posts