A Carroll Conversion

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well been looking at Carrol and I just think he plays the wrong position. Now I know so me of you think he plays the wrong position for the wrong team. But hear me out.

It is true that Carrol was drafted as a CB. Bottom line he is somewhat of an enigma. Bunches of speed and no eye for the ball if he is in coverage. He tends to get lost looking at the reciever then resorts to the (teenager in the back of car with girlfriend) ***** ***** *****. Uses hands to catch up to the play which gets him penalties.

I believe I have an answer. I believe at one time Darren Sharper was drafted as a CB was he not?? However we found out he could not cover so they moved him to Strong Safety. Now I remember they guy could not run an angle to save his life.

Now my solution for Carrol would be to move him to Safety. I mean really Carroll has attitude and does like to hit which for a CB is a rare thing. I have watched Carrol play and it appears that his streght is jumping on routes not coverage so to speech. I have always felt that when he had things happen in front of him he was able to absorb what was going on. In alot of ways he reminds me of Leroy Butler without the class.

Remember folks he too had alot of attitude and flash. Remember the fur coats.

Carrol would so benefit from the move and I think would be a better fit at safety/return man. It could be a role he would be perfect for

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
yooperfan said:
I thought this was going to be about tromadz being converted to a Carroll lover.

No would be easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle.

When I read this I thought it said that it would be easier to pass a needle through the *** of a camel.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the radio yesterday Havel was saying it sounded like management is very upset with Carroll. They even mention the chance of a trade and that it could very well happen.

I guess McCarthy had a private talk with him after the Gardner fight. Coaches want him to shape up or he'll get shipped out.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Well been looking at Carrol and I just think he plays the wrong position. Now I know so me of you think he plays the wrong position for the wrong team. But hear me out.

It is true that Carrol was drafted as a CB. Bottom line he is somewhat of an enigma. Bunches of speed and no eye for the ball if he is in coverage. He tends to get lost looking at the reciever then resorts to the (teenager in the back of car with girlfriend) ***** ***** *****. Uses hands to catch up to the play which gets him penalties.

I believe I have an answer. I believe at one time Darren Sharper was drafted as a CB was he not?? However we found out he could not cover so they moved him to Strong Safety. Now I remember they guy could not run an angle to save his life.

Now my solution for Carrol would be to move him to Safety. I mean really Carroll has attitude and does like to hit which for a CB is a rare thing. I have watched Carrol play and it appears that his streght is jumping on routes not coverage so to speech. I have always felt that when he had things happen in front of him he was able to absorb what was going on. In alot of ways he reminds me of Leroy Butler without the class.

Remember folks he too had alot of attitude and flash. Remember the fur coats.

Carrol would so benefit from the move and I think would be a better fit at safety/return man. It could be a role he would be perfect for

I can see where you are coming from.. I agree

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've thought that for quite sometime too. If Horton continues to develop and Hawkins can do the same and fight off the injury bugs, I think Carroll will eventually become a safety for the Packers. His future with the team would almost depend upon it IMO.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JB, I agree totally. Put him in a position where he can play the ball instead of having to deal w/ the WR so much. Likewise, I liked him as a KR as well. He seemed like he enjoyed it and I thought he did a good job at it.

The problem w/ Carroll is his contract. If I'm not mistaken, he's making 3-4M this season which makes it hard to just cut him for nothing. I say make him earn his money KR, ST, nickle and dime packages.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
On the radio yesterday Havel was saying it sounded like management is very upset with Carroll. They even mention the chance of a trade and that it could very well happen.

I guess McCarthy had a private talk with him after the Gardner fight. Coaches want him to shape up or he'll get shipped out.
And why wouldnt they be pissed at him bottom line it they need to find a slot and role for him. I think Carroll realizes that CB is not his best hand. Time to have him look at another area

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I've thought that for quite sometime too. If Horton continues to develop and Hawkins can do the same and fight off the injury bugs, I think Carroll will eventually become a safety for the Packers. His future with the team would almost depend upon it IMO.

Honestly , do some fans hate Carroll so much that they would prefer Jason Horton ?? Horton is 3 years older than Carroll, If he was going to develop and overtake Carroll on the depth chart he would have already done so. Instead he only manages to overtake Hawkins because of injury. Hawkins far outplayed Horton last year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Horton also had injuries and appears to be healthy (is he injury prone? thats another discussion)

I'd take Horton over Carroll.

I'd takeMontanaBob over Carroll.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Horton doesn't get as many penalties.

Two reasons for that.

1. Horton never commits penalties because He rarely sees playing time (because he sucks FYI )

2. You need to be in the general vicinity of the WR you are covering in order to hold or interfere with him.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please see my Carroll bites thread and read Havel's article. I think he may very well be a safety or nickle or dime corner, but not with GB.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might be a better safety than a corner. Whether that's saying a whole lot is another matter. I think his lack of height would be more of an issue at safety. But he does like to hit, and he does have a lot of problems covering receivers, so you may be on to something here.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll is a terrible tackler, has never shown any ability to read routes or offenses and is very short. Not exactly the qualities one looks for in a safety. The reason Carroll holds on many plays is because of his inability to read the route or offense, thus leading to him being out of position.

Has anyone even seen him play in space?

As for being a returner, he has been tried there and failed. A backup CB is a great position for a returner, but he's not it.

Carroll's best position is at CB. Hopefully he will learn and improve while being the top backup.

Members online

Latest posts