A Bears fans take on Aaron Rodgers and the Pack

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
When Favre was slapping the Bears around, almost to a man, Bears' fans were saying "When Favre hangs it up you Packers' fans will be brought back to earth" ... I mean, I heard that stuff on an every Sunday during the season basis. My wife's uncle is a born and reared Illinois Bears' fan - and I love the man like a brother, but, the 80's were a difficult decade for me in particular. :tdown: Then #12 was developed into what he's become, and poor ol' Larry has just plain and simple run out of gurgling noises to make in reference to the Bears/Packers rivalry. (If you're prayin' folks - please include Larry in your prayers - one thing after another health wise).

I have to say that when our 30-year run of QB good fortune ends, those people are going to have a stroke of glee to end all strokes.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe I'm being naive but I would like to have faith that they will find another elite QB to keep the tradition going.

I definitely hope the Packers will be able to find another elite quarterback to succeed Rodgers but taking a look around the league it's rather unrealistic for it to happen.

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being naive but I would like to have faith that they will find another elite QB to keep the tradition going.
I have faith that we won’t keep the wrong guy in there unless we see consistent growth or threads of flashes of good play.
When Favre was slapping the Bears around, almost to a man, Bears' fans were saying "When Favre hangs it up you Packers' fans will be brought back to earth" ... I mean, I heard that stuff on an every Sunday during the season basis. My wife's uncle is a born and reared Illinois Bears' fan - and I love the man like a brother, but, the 80's were a difficult decade for me in particular. :tdown: Then #12 was developed into what he's become, and poor ol' Larry has just plain and simple run out of gurgling noises to make in reference to the Bears/Packers rivalry. (If you're prayin' folks - please include Larry in your prayers - one thing after another health wise).

I have to say that when our 30-year run of QB good fortune ends, those people are going to have a stroke of glee to end all strokes.
That’s tough. Just lifted Larry in prayer !

To Bears fans: biblical curses generally last 3-4 generations with rare exception. The Babylon captivity of Israel was exactly 70 years (3.5) until our creators upright hand was lowered (prophesied exactly in Isaiah)..

The Bears are just getting out of #2 generation area. Just another 40 years to go!
Good Luck!

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have faith that we won’t keep the wrong guy in there unless we see consistent growth or threads of flashes of good play.

That’s tough. Just lifted Larry in prayer !

To Bears fans: biblical curses generally last 3-4 generations with rare exception. The Babylon captivity of Israel was exactly 70 years (3.5) until our creators upright hand was lowered (prophesied exactly in Isaiah)..

The Bears are just getting out of #2 generation area. Just another 40 years to go!
Good Luck!
Is that... like ... "The sins of the father..." kinda thing? If so, his Dad was a mean Bears fan too. I'm reasonably comfortable in saying that curse didn't involve a goat and a Chicago bar...right?

Reaction score
Is that... like ... "The sins of the father..." kinda thing? If so, his Dad was a mean Bears fan too. I'm reasonably comfortable in saying that curse didn't involve a goat and a Chicago bar...right?
Ha. No I meant just the Bears games curse part
more sarcastically (I think?) as how the Bears have been double doinking it since the mid 1980’s.

Latest posts