}@{*{$,*;&(&,@@+:]]{#)&?,,

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I know..

I really dont want Coach Bud to be like McCarthy keeping him while he holds back a superstar in his prime.

13 pts in the 4th qtr was really unacceptable. This game was a do or die and they score 13 pts in the 4th qtr.. I come home from work and witness this..

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I knew the 4th qtr was bad. But not THIS bad...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

In Playoffs history..

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it, Miami is just a bad matchup for Milwaukee

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the end of the first quarter and it's not looking good. Will The Bucks make a final stand or will they get swept?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's not a sweep at least, and they won without Giannis. I imagine Miami finishing them off on Tuesday.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As you say, at least spared the humiliation of a sweep as a #1 seed.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am going to dream a bit. Bucks are without Giannis for the rest of the series, but somehow pull of a miraculous comeback and win the next 3 games. Miami has to figure out how to play against a "Giannis-less" team and the Bucks players want to show just how good they are, even without Giannis.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hey a guy can dream can't he?

Let's face it, even with a healthy Giannis the Bucks were not the same team in the bubble. Those cracks started showing a few weeks before the season was interrupted. Most thought that once the playoffs started, they would turn up the jets and cruise to the Finals. I think that first game against the Orlando Magic showed that it wasn't going to be that easy.

This will be an interesting off season for sure for the Bucks. Will they be able to keep Giannis for more than a year? Who do they need to go after to improve the team? Their once deep bench has been pretty quiet. Admittedly, I am not that into the NBA that I follow free agency, nor do I really keep that close of an eye on the Bucks contracts to know who where they stand with current players. I do know Matthews signed a relatively cheap 2 year deal last year, but I think a key change would be to get him to the bench and find a top notch guard to take his place in the starting lineup.

More on Bucks off-season moves...when they are in the off-season. :cool:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As it should be. I'm just at a loss to explain what is happening here.

If Bud is at fault in one place, its not adjusting for the way teams are defending Giannis when they build a 3-4 man wall. Toronto really had a lot of success with that last year in the playoffs and Bud hasn't figured out a way to attack it. Problem is, we don't have really consistent outside snipers to offset it. Bud also might want to say to Giannis "love when you make your 3 pointers, but lets work on those next year."

Other things I see:
  1. The bench hasn't played nearly as well as it did earlier in the year. Guys like Ersan, Robin, Sterling and DJ have been silent. The Bucks strength was their bench.
  2. George Hill is off. Not sure what is up with George, but he has turned the ball over quite a bit and his shot, including layups and free throws, has been off.
  3. Defense is off. Not sure why, but they don't look like the top defense they were.
  4. Bledsoe injury and then his inconsistent play. They overpaid Bled I am afraid.
  5. Wes Mathews is not a starting guard. I like Wes and he is a solid defender, but he is a liability on offense IMO.
  6. Giannis is trying to do too much. The 5 players on the court need to play as a team. Too often Giannis appears to think he needs to take the ball and score.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Follow a decent team like the Blue Jays. I know what I`m talking about here......lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is there anything else ? Admit it, you`ve backed the wrong horse

The Bucks were the best team in basketball during the regular season, but much like all sports, there is only 1 winner and this year it will not be the Bucks. I have no regrets on being a Bucks fan, nor a Packer fan when they don't win the Super Bowl :)

P.S. I know you are just...."giving me the business".

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bucks were the best team in basketball during the regular season, but much like all sports, there is only 1 winner and this year it will not be the Bucks. I have no regrets on being a Bucks fan, nor a Packer fan when they don't win the Super Bowl :)

P.S. I know you are just...."giving me the business".

For some reason this team really didn't play well in this bubble situation compared the regular season before COVID struck. They went thru stretches in these games where they couldn't buy a basket. A lot of folks think Giannis needs to develop a jump shot but IMO he needs to be better at the line. He is great at getting fouled but what good is it if he only makes half his free throws?

Members online

Latest posts